Thread: New Adventures Sorceress Discussion

Hybrid View

New Adventures Sorceress Discussion

To me, NA Sorceress ranks higher on my list than the MYP version, and possibly even rivals the original as my favorite. I really hope she's one of the characters coming sooner than later. I'm also wondering how you guys feel she should be released in the line? A-List Variant slot or Sub Exclusive? And what accessories would you like to see her come with?

She kind of looks like a white variant of space suit Marlena with a new head.

I hope she is a quarterly variant. I don't want any figure I really like to be a sub exclusive because then I couldnt buy extras of it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    was thinking the very same thing 'bout her suit.

well, better as a variant. but, is the character available for a motuc representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    well, better as a variant. but, is the character available for a motuc representation?
    Yeah, New Adventures mini comics characters are available.
    Bill :: guitargod694

She's pretty awesome! Personally, I want her because I want different Sorceresses throughout the story, and I plan to use different versions as different people (rather than just different costumes). Either way though, I really like this design. Not sure about accessories, though! I know there are things people could think of that come from various cannons, but I wouldn't mind unique never-before-seen things like a futuristic mechanical hawk form or something. Maybe even a new staff, since the original MotU toy came with one.

Here's something: What do you think of her being glow in the dark? I'm pretty sure I've seen a white plastic that glows blue...is this true? It would be a great way to get her aura she's got going on there (and of course, I mean just her suit. Her face would be painted like normal, as well as her hands).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    thanks. always iffy 'bout the rights...is there a kind of reminder of the current availabilities, somewhere in the site?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Is she a SilverHawk? Like the SilverHawks but not her.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    She kind of looks like a white variant of space suit Marlena with a new head.
    I thought the same thing, alter the space marlena a tad, paint it white and sculpt a new head
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I lovelovelove this version of sorceress! She definitely needs a futuristic version of her staff, and a machine gun!!
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; June 3, 2011 at 03:26pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

NEW ADVENTURES (cosmic?) SORCERESS thread

Hi Guys....

So, as we all know, the Sorceress known as Teela-Na died She gots bitten by King Hsssssssss, and shortly after training her daughter Teela to take her place as guardian of Castke Grayskull, she succumbed to the venom and died...

..but what did she do next?

We all know Wizards and Sorceresses can live on in spirit form, and continue to guide our heroes (ala Obi Wan Kenobi)

So, that is where what I like to call, COSMIC SPIRIT SORCERESS would fit in!

Lets have a look at her various incarnations after her death in the New Adventures Canons! Hooray->

MATTEL MINI COMICS VERSION->

BASTEI COMICS VERSION

UK / EHAPA COMICS VERSION

(Doesn't seem to appear as far as I can tell)

JETLAG ANIMATED VERSION

It's interesting to note that in all these versions, she never actually appears in the flesh, always as a ghost-like spirit form. This is very convenient, because it can still allow this version to be a ghost of the original sorceress (rather than being Teela as the sorceress), which fits her more wiser, knowledgeable persona a lot better.

Teela can still exist as a Sorceress on Eternia protecting Grayskull's secrets (more of a warrior-sorceress) in her Valkaryie style, and her mother can continue on as a cosmic ghost guiding He-Man on his space adventures! ->

(Teela stays on Eternia as a warrior-sorcress)

What's everyones thoughts? Would they prefer the COSMIC-GHOST SORCERESS to be TEELA-NA or TEELA in whatever bios/storyline evolves?
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; October 4, 2012 at 06:38pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Think we got a thread about this somewhere, but someone'll find it eventually.

Until that time: YES. 'Course I don't care what they do with the story, 'cause I liked this idea (someone mentioned it awhile back; can't remember who) and I'm totally using it if they make this Sorceress. Personally I think they should make the minicomics version with a removable cape based on the toon version.

And YEAH, I also want that Teela! It's another great warrior woman look, so you can use it as intended or have another blank warrior to name and give a bio.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Excellent anaylsis of what the future could be in regards to the change in story Missle Toe, a great way of explaining her appearences and Teelas as well, I think the third Mini comic, where she is seen fighting in the second ultimate battleground. The only thing i feel still needs explaining is the 2 different costumes, which will be difficult.

Maybe a compromise between the two versions. Keep the wings and bare thighs of the animated version and add the sci-fi kibble of the mini-comics version.

I'm also down for a "cosmic ghost" version.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Maybe a compromise between the two versions. Keep the wings and bare thighs of the animated version and add the sci-fi kibble of the mini-comics version.

I'm also down for a "cosmic ghost" version.
    I agree with all of that. And, the ghost part, kind of like going Obi-Wan Kenobi, that owuld be a cool twist to the bios story.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    To me, NA Sorceress ranks higher on my list than the MYP version, and possibly even rivals the original as my favorite. I really hope she's one of the characters coming sooner than later. I'm also wondering how you guys feel she should be released in the line? A-List Variant slot or Sub Exclusive? And what accessories would you like to see her come with?

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_11_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_12_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_01_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_02_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_04_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_fc_full.jpg
    Finally found this thread- I also want the silvery, helmeted NA Sorceress! Honestly, I'd be fine with just about any accessory(ies) as long as this character looks just as she's portrayed in Vol 1. No 1!!!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I prefer the Jetlag version. I really wished they'd used it for the Teela Sorceress in the MOTUC mini-comic instead of the cloaked jedi design.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    If NA were to get a mini sub, I believe The Sorceress would make a great sub exclusive BUT she's already been murdered in this canon. The thought of this figure making it to plastic for the first time EVER has all but been stolen from us at this point.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    If NA were to get a mini sub, I believe The Sorceress would make a great sub exclusive BUT she's already been murdered in this canon. The thought of this figure making it to plastic for the first time EVER has all but been stolen from us at this point.
    Teelana may be dead in the MOTUC canon, but this doesn't mean that they can't bring her back as a phantom form, while she continue to give her advice to Adam (much like Obi Wan did with Luke, or Jagga with Lion-O)

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I prefer the Jetlag version. I really wished they'd used it for the Teela Sorceress in the MOTUC mini-comic instead of the clocked jedi design.

This X's a thousand.

Jetlag Sorceress is just a really great design that takes design elements from the classic Sorceress and adds in some NA elements like the helmet. It just makes a great combo of NA and vintage MOTU. I loathe NA and Jetlag but absolutely love this.

That MOTUC mini-comics Sorceress Teela design is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Teelana may be dead in the MOTUC canon, but this doesn't mean that they can't bring her back as a phantom form, while she continue to give her advice to Adam (much like Obi Wan did with Luke, or Jagga with Lion-O)
    This. Until I hear otherwise, Teela'na's spirit was uploaded to the Starship Eternia along with the Power of Grayskull, when the castle crumbled. The Sorceress in the NA cartoon is the Spirit of the Sorceress, guiding the heroes through magic visions, while Teela remained on Eternia - relying on the Power of the Goddess she summons through the Staff of Ka (since the Power went with the ship). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This X's a thousand.

Jetlag Sorceress is just a really great design that takes design elements from the classic Sorceress and adds in some NA elements like the helmet. It just makes a great combo of NA and vintage MOTU. I loathe NA and Jetlag but absolutely love this.

That MOTUC mini-comics Sorceress Teela design is just plain stupid.
    I'm really hoping that version is just an "interim" version...like, she hadn't fully transformed yet because she knew she was going to have to go into battle shortly.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!