Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Adventures Sorceress Discussion

Uh oh... sounds like someone's about to get his Vintage Purist™ card revoked!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Yeah...unfortunately when my old, broke ass doesnt go out partying too much anymore I end up spending waaaay too much time on here and my Vintage Purism™ diminishes because of it.
    Go to bed, old man!

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Don't worry, double g. He's got a better one now!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I have never seen a NA comic before, so thanks for sharing, Sorceresses Comic helmet and look is AMAZING!!! I dont like the character at all, but if she came like that I would LOVE her!

also I cant believe how Graphic Skeletors injuries are....Mattel REALLY made an effort to grow up with NA...Bravo!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Don't worry, I'll redeem myself when they reveal some New Adventures Heroes, and some 200x characters that AREN'T in the Council of Evil (Evil Seed, Giants) or Evil Horde members (Calix).

In fact I'll be "on the fence" this month for The Faceless One and Battleground Teela til the very last minute. I guess it'll depend if I want to spend the money come the 15th since these two don't really do much for me at all.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I love that helmet that the Sorceress is wearing in the mini comic! But, given the option I'd prefer the way she appeared in the NA toon.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'd love this version of the Sorceress, possibly more than getting the 200X version first. She's so different... who knows, maybe this could be Teela's costume and she eventually goes with He-Man to Primus.

If the rights to the cartoon become available, I'd prefer this version before the cartoon version.

In terms of costumes, I'd hope a release order might go something like this...

-Classics
    -NA Mini comics
    -200X
    -NA cartoon

But seriously, I'd love them all.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yeah...unfortunately when my old, broke ass doesnt go out partying too much anymore I end up spending waaaay too much time on here and my Vintage Purism™ diminishes because of it.
    That's good! You'll see that MOTU doesn't have to be only the vintage characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's good! You'll see that MOTU doesn't have to be only the vintage characters.
    You know what, I don't like all the peer pressure around here lately.

Bennydict Judeass Hell is having fun pretending I'm becoming a Star Wars nerd like him, I'm getting my Vintage Purism™ questioned (rather frequently mind you.), and Mr. MGM here is always down for an Era War™ argument.

Edit: sometimes the MOTU completist voice in my mind overpowers the Vintage Purist™ voice. It's like the ol' angel and devil on your shoulders...but they are both devils in this instance.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Bennydict Judeass Hell is having fun pretending I'm becoming a Star Wars nerd like him...
    But you are already a nerd, Mizzo. You might as well be a nerd for the Sith! You don't know the merchandising POWER of the Dark Side! We gots lots of stuff over here...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    But you are already a nerd, Mizzo. You might as well be a nerd for the Sith! You don't know the merchandising POWER of the Dark Side! We gots lots of stuff over here...

But the light side has Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies we could easily destroy the Sith! Why? Sheer numbers...

Back on topic. I love this version of the Sorceress. I really hope we get her! She is second only to the classic version for me!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    But the light side has Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies we could easily destroy the Sith! Why? Sheer numbers...
    Ahh, but sheer numbers didn't help the Jedi. There were thousands of jedi and only 2 Sith but who won the battle for the Republic? The Sith! We're just that bad ass!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 4, 2011 at 11:20am.

I didn't notice wings of the NA comic Sorceress. She's GOT to have her wings. Her costume reminds me a lot of the Motion Picture Teela costume...
    Last edited by mykan; June 4, 2011 at 12:10pm. Reason: corrected image link
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

This is a perfect option for a quarterly variant... or dare I say: sub exclusive! Incidentally, I truly believe NA Sorceress to be some kind of techno spirit form... born into existence after her death in the bios.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    This is a perfect option for a quarterly variant... or dare I say: sub exclusive! Incidentally, I truly believe NA Sorceress to be some kind of techno spirit form... born into existence after her death in the bios.
    Techno spirit... Works for me!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I want this version AND the cartoon NA version. I also think this comic version of NA Sorceress is a GREAT candidate for a subscription exclusive.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I prefer the NA cartoon version but this would do.

...now i have a Question...or two?

NOW.

Who is she?

If this Variant will be released, is it a Sorceress Variant or a Teela Variant?

Maybe they find a way to bring her back or never really kill her off or something who knows what will happen....and as NA Sorcress she never had a real body anyway...

MOTUC is like a new timeline or something.

NA Teela from the Jetlag Cartoon is now possible as action figure but story wise not an option....?

Who would she be?
    Last edited by Niki; August 28, 2011 at 09:12pm.

Oh gosh, YES! I would like two heads for her, too: Jetlag and minicomic, with a hybrid outfit perhaps...

I also want these versions of her:

-MYP
    -Pink (2 pack with pink Teela?)

But it's true...this would likely be Teela, right? Unless her mom went digital at death...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I REALLY hope we get the comic version first! She can replace my NA custom.

With a little bit of creative tooling, there's not THAT big of a difference between Jetlag and Mini Comic versions. I think they could do a combo outfit, or an interchangeable one a la Marlena.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I never saw the NA series as a kid. We had cable and all that and I can't recall ever seeing the cartoon on some schedule.

It was only recently that I got my hands on a used season 1 dvd and I got caught up on the series. The show was decent and I liked a lot of characters.

One of whom was the Sorceress. I thought the future Sorceress looked great, but I got a gut feeling that she was meant to be black. Every time I saw her, I just felt that she should have been a black woman.

I really hope the 4H go that way when they come to sculpting her.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    With a little bit of creative tooling, there's not THAT big of a difference between Jetlag and Mini Comic versions. I think they could do a combo outfit, or an interchangeable one a la Marlena.
    This is definitely the way I'd like to see NA Sorceress done - kill two birds with one stone...no pun intended.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

i like her mini comic look

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    This is how I think they will treat NA Sorceress. She was always an apparition or astral projection in the NA cartoon and mini-comics.

It's like Obi Wan after he died.

That way she's still around, but Teela can be the Sorceress too.

I prefer the mini-comic version. A lot of people might buy 2: one to use as NA Sorceress, and one to make into white space suit Marlena.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazellka
    i think she transportrs very well the feeling of the NA line...and i dont like it

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Neither do I ... I wouldn't want her to be found dead in it
    I'm gonna go with Grazellka and my man Crusader here. It just does not work for me. And I'm just guessing here: this powerful sorceress, why would she need a spacesuit anyway? Imo, it would have been better to update to 'old' version a bit, which would have created a better feeling of continuity between MotU and NA. In any case, a Sorceress without wings is a no go for me.

But, for those of you who like here: I hope you'll get her!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.