Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Adventures Sorceress Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Speaking for myself, if there's ONE variant of the Sorceress that I have to buy, it will be the 200x "Egyptian" Sorceress IF she is well sculpted and produced with good quality.

I'm not really interested in NA Sorceress, and certainly not in the horrible 1987 movie Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Speaking for myself, if there's ONE variant of the Sorceress that I have to buy, it will be the 200x "Egyptian" Sorceress IF she is well sculpted and produced with good quality.

I'm not really interested in NA Sorceress, and certainly not in the horrible 1987 movie Sorceress.
    Speaking of the movie Sorceress....I was looking at Jewelstar the other day, and I cannot wait to see the first custom Sorceess figure to come out of that head sculpt.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That mini-comic NA Sorceress and NA Jetlag Sorceress could both be done easily, given buck re-use. Maybe a Sorceress set: From the Past to the Future

-MOTUC Sorceress (either all pink, all white, or with fully orange wings in the front, whichever isn't done up to that point)

-Jetlag Sorceress (mostly buck re-use, new head and shoulders)

-NA Space Sorceress (vac-metal outfit details over basic buck, new head, boots)

-200X Sorceress (new outfit, boots, bracers, head over basic female buck, repainted staff to 200x colors)

Issuing SUPPORT in 5, 4, 3.....

I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet, but here's my thoughts:

1. I've been guessing that NA Sorceress is a phantom or ascension of some kind. This variant may be how the Sorceress lives on after her demise.

2. I want her before any other variant.

3. I had thought the body could be a re-use for Astronaut Glen. Didn't happen.

4. Love her, gotta have her!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

NEW ADVENTURES (cosmic?) SORCERESS thread

Hi Guys....

So, as we all know, the Sorceress known as Teela-Na died She gots bitten by King Hsssssssss, and shortly after training her daughter Teela to take her place as guardian of Castke Grayskull, she succumbed to the venom and died...

..but what did she do next?

We all know Wizards and Sorceresses can live on in spirit form, and continue to guide our heroes (ala Obi Wan Kenobi)

So, that is where what I like to call, COSMIC SPIRIT SORCERESS would fit in!

Lets have a look at her various incarnations after her death in the New Adventures Canons! Hooray->

MATTEL MINI COMICS VERSION->

BASTEI COMICS VERSION

UK / EHAPA COMICS VERSION

(Doesn't seem to appear as far as I can tell)

JETLAG ANIMATED VERSION

It's interesting to note that in all these versions, she never actually appears in the flesh, always as a ghost-like spirit form. This is very convenient, because it can still allow this version to be a ghost of the original sorceress (rather than being Teela as the sorceress), which fits her more wiser, knowledgeable persona a lot better.

Teela can still exist as a Sorceress on Eternia protecting Grayskull's secrets (more of a warrior-sorceress) in her Valkaryie style, and her mother can continue on as a cosmic ghost guiding He-Man on his space adventures! ->

(Teela stays on Eternia as a warrior-sorcress)

What's everyones thoughts? Would they prefer the COSMIC-GHOST SORCERESS to be TEELA-NA or TEELA in whatever bios/storyline evolves?
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; October 4, 2012 at 06:38pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Think we got a thread about this somewhere, but someone'll find it eventually.

Until that time: YES. 'Course I don't care what they do with the story, 'cause I liked this idea (someone mentioned it awhile back; can't remember who) and I'm totally using it if they make this Sorceress. Personally I think they should make the minicomics version with a removable cape based on the toon version.

And YEAH, I also want that Teela! It's another great warrior woman look, so you can use it as intended or have another blank warrior to name and give a bio.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Excellent anaylsis of what the future could be in regards to the change in story Missle Toe, a great way of explaining her appearences and Teelas as well, I think the third Mini comic, where she is seen fighting in the second ultimate battleground. The only thing i feel still needs explaining is the 2 different costumes, which will be difficult.

Maybe a compromise between the two versions. Keep the wings and bare thighs of the animated version and add the sci-fi kibble of the mini-comics version.

I'm also down for a "cosmic ghost" version.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Maybe a compromise between the two versions. Keep the wings and bare thighs of the animated version and add the sci-fi kibble of the mini-comics version.

I'm also down for a "cosmic ghost" version.
    I agree with all of that. And, the ghost part, kind of like going Obi-Wan Kenobi, that owuld be a cool twist to the bios story.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Someone pointed out earlier in this thread that the NA-MINICOMIC SORCERESS outfit slightly resembles TEELA'S outfit from the 87 MOVIE.
    Well, looking at the original designs for that outfit by William Stout for the movies pre-production...you can definitely see the similarities ->

Do you think this was a coincidence or intentional on Mattel's part?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Someone pointed out earlier in this thread that the NA-MINICOMIC SORCERESS outfit slightly resembles TEELA'S outfit from the 87 MOVIE.
    Well, looking at the original designs for that outfit by William Stout for the movies pre-production...you can definitely see the similarities ->

http://i.imgur.com/4qYsF.jpg

Good catch.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

http://i.imgur.com/4qYsF.jpg

Don't know if it's a coincidence but would make an awesome custom!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    To me, NA Sorceress ranks higher on my list than the MYP version, and possibly even rivals the original as my favorite. I really hope she's one of the characters coming sooner than later. I'm also wondering how you guys feel she should be released in the line? A-List Variant slot or Sub Exclusive? And what accessories would you like to see her come with?

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_11_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_12_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_01_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_02_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_04_full.jpg

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll..._-_fc_full.jpg
    Finally found this thread- I also want the silvery, helmeted NA Sorceress! Honestly, I'd be fine with just about any accessory(ies) as long as this character looks just as she's portrayed in Vol 1. No 1!!!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I prefer the Jetlag version. I really wished they'd used it for the Teela Sorceress in the MOTUC mini-comic instead of the cloaked jedi design.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    If NA were to get a mini sub, I believe The Sorceress would make a great sub exclusive BUT she's already been murdered in this canon. The thought of this figure making it to plastic for the first time EVER has all but been stolen from us at this point.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    If NA were to get a mini sub, I believe The Sorceress would make a great sub exclusive BUT she's already been murdered in this canon. The thought of this figure making it to plastic for the first time EVER has all but been stolen from us at this point.
    Teelana may be dead in the MOTUC canon, but this doesn't mean that they can't bring her back as a phantom form, while she continue to give her advice to Adam (much like Obi Wan did with Luke, or Jagga with Lion-O)

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I prefer the Jetlag version. I really wished they'd used it for the Teela Sorceress in the MOTUC mini-comic instead of the clocked jedi design.

This X's a thousand.

Jetlag Sorceress is just a really great design that takes design elements from the classic Sorceress and adds in some NA elements like the helmet. It just makes a great combo of NA and vintage MOTU. I loathe NA and Jetlag but absolutely love this.

That MOTUC mini-comics Sorceress Teela design is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Teelana may be dead in the MOTUC canon, but this doesn't mean that they can't bring her back as a phantom form, while she continue to give her advice to Adam (much like Obi Wan did with Luke, or Jagga with Lion-O)
    This. Until I hear otherwise, Teela'na's spirit was uploaded to the Starship Eternia along with the Power of Grayskull, when the castle crumbled. The Sorceress in the NA cartoon is the Spirit of the Sorceress, guiding the heroes through magic visions, while Teela remained on Eternia - relying on the Power of the Goddess she summons through the Staff of Ka (since the Power went with the ship). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This X's a thousand.

Jetlag Sorceress is just a really great design that takes design elements from the classic Sorceress and adds in some NA elements like the helmet. It just makes a great combo of NA and vintage MOTU. I loathe NA and Jetlag but absolutely love this.

That MOTUC mini-comics Sorceress Teela design is just plain stupid.
    I'm really hoping that version is just an "interim" version...like, she hadn't fully transformed yet because she knew she was going to have to go into battle shortly.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!