Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tri-Klops' Mini-Comic Armor

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    "What a great way to refresh Tri-Klops down the road...no plans though"

Seriously though, I'd be totally down for this as a variant or minor repaint. BUT...I demand a green mini comics Trap Jaw repaint first. That was the best repaint of the 200x line by far.
    Agreed! First our TJ, next TK.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    YES! Definitely with a second bandana-wearing head, too!

I'd also love to see an ambrosia-effect Trike (as well as Skeletor and Lyn) as seen in "Sky War."
    Great idea. As a mini comics fan I couldn't be more excited about a TK repaint/variant, but I feel that just this mini comic variant might not convince too many fans. By including the bandana-wearing head, it might just be possible to make him more attractive to more fans.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I think all of you guys should take a good look at Sir Laser-Lot's sword - what do you see?

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Well, i think you should simply repaint Fisto´s armour red and green.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Well, i think you should simply repaint Fisto´s armour red and green.
    What??! That makes no sense.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    What??! That makes no sense.
    No? I think it looks exactly the same, just differetly painted. Comparison shots?

Keldor/Skeletor73

Your PM box is full.

Troy-Klops
    Arizona MAZTERS

Feedback Rating: Trader Review and search for Troy-Klops

I think all of you guys should take a good look at Sir Laser-Lot's sword - what do you see?
    Thought the same thing! (That and someone else pointed out how his mace looks just like Lodar's mace). I wonder if this was on purpose?

I find myself pretty excited for the prospect of this Tri-Klops (if that wasn't obvious from my previous posts). I'm so glad folks are still talking about this! This could be the perfect Blind Swordsman figure that doubles as minicomic Tri-Klops - 'cause really - why couldn't the Blind Swordsman have been wearing this?

Anyway, I'm chiming in again 'cause I think the Fisto armor would be a great starting point! It would make it so they don't have to make a whole new armor - just use the Fisto armor, then mold a new peice to put over the shoulders, and then mold the sash: and there you go! I think it might work.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    This could be the perfect Blind Swordsman figure that doubles as minicomic Tri-Klops - 'cause really - why couldn't the Blind Swordsman have been wearing this?
    That's a great idea! Two birds etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    No? I think it looks exactly the same, just differetly painted. Comparison shots?
    Fisto's armor lacks the shoulder pads and looks like it is made of metal, whereas Tri-Klops' mini-comic armor looks more like leather and/or cloth.

I'd prefer newly tooled armor, but I'd take a repaint of Fisto's if that means getting a Battle Ground Tri-Klops.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

This whole idea of using Fisto's armour for a mini-comics Tri-Klops is a bad idea that needs to be nipped in the bud right now. How are you supposed to fit Tri-Klops' own armour over Fisto's? It would be far too bulky.

Here's everything that the perfect mini-comic/battleground/bounty hunter Tri-Klops variant needs:

No new tooling:
    - purple-red "undershirt" with two horizontal green bands wrapping around torso (this would be painted directly on to the body)
    - dark grey loin cloth (his belt would also be dark grey, but a slightly different shade to avoid looking cheap)
    - maroon Keldor boots with the mini-comic details (the straight white trim and the black squiggly lines) painted on
    - armour, visor and wrist cuffs re-painted a very pale green (perhaps use Bow's wrist cuffs)
    - Sir Laser-Lot's sword re-painted with a gold hilt and silver blade

Mandatory new tooling:
    - the sash/belt that he wears diagonally across his chest on top of his regular armour

Optional new tooling:
    - new wrist cuffs to look more like the ones in the comic (though those would be less detailed than the ones the regular figure has)
    - a new, more compact visor that is less wide and more flush with his head
    - a second, "Blind Swordsman" head (though this has nothing to do with his mini-comic appearance, it would make an amazing bonus)

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Tri-Klops as a heroic warrior would be an interesting option in my opinion. I recently read a fanfic containing a love story between Tri-Klops and Teela - at the end, Teela became pregnant and bore him a boy.

This whole idea of using Fisto's armour for a mini-comics Tri-Klops is a bad idea that needs to be nipped in the bud right now. How are you supposed to fit Tri-Klops' own armour over Fisto's? It would be far too bulky.
    I don't think they should use Fisto's armor, but I also dont think they should repaint his body and use the original armor.

He needs a new armor that snaps together like Randor, Fisto, BA He-Man, etc.

The armor should have the appropriate "shoulder pads"

He needs the baldric.

New, textured boots would be nice, if not use Keldor/Marzo boots

Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    Tri-Klops as a heroic warrior would be an interesting option in my opinion. I recently read a fanfic containing a love story between Tri-Klops and Teela - at the end, Teela became pregnant and bore him a boy.
    It would be fantastic if characters switched sides. Tri-Klops forms alliance with Masters, Mekaneck joines The Horde.
    Last edited by danielsan52; February 23, 2012 at 08:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

I've never been a fan of this look, to be honest, so... no thanks.

The 200x repaint version could be cool, but still, I have no real desire for it either.
    – No comment.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would want the mini-comics version with a blind swordsman head. I would buy that.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

What are our chances of getting figures like this made at this point in the line??
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What are our chances of getting figures like this made at this point in the line??
    Most likely 2016. After all of the major characters and 80's figures are out of the way.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    At this point, we should go for a mini-comic sub.

I'd buy him.

I hope we find a way to get stuff like this. I have about 25 mini comic wants, this being one of them.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Snappy Threader
    Yep, Tri-Klops in any armor....

I always loved the mini comics version and would love him to come with an extra bandanna head too.
    I did a custom a while back on the vintage figures, sold it recently though. hes a pic

P1090683.jpg
    also did a trap jaw, be so cool in classics
    I really hope we get an A-VARAINT SUB.
    P1090665.jpg

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like a varient tri-klops. I want to make a 200x mvcomics tri-klops. but with optional mini comic armor too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I've adopted this version of Tri-Klops and Colossor as my two main MOTUC campaigns, but with variants being reduced to only one per year, I'm worried we'll never get the best version of Tri-Klops ever. My biggest hope at this point is that they'll release more stuff outside the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    I always loved the mini comics version and would love him to come with an extra bandanna head too.
    I did a custom a while back on the vintage figures, sold it recently though. hes a pic

P1090683.jpg
    also did a trap jaw, be so cool in classics
    I really hope we get an A-VARAINT SUB.
    P1090665.jpg
    We need these two in Classics 2016!!!!!!
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I still would love a mini comics Tri-Klops & Trap-Jaw.

I would place Tri klops with Keldors group of first evil warriors.
    Trap jaw with SOH era bad guys. He would be like a zombie version. thats why hes green.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor