Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Klops' Mini-Comic Armor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    "What a great way to refresh Tri-Klops down the road...no plans though"

Seriously though, I'd be totally down for this as a variant or minor repaint. BUT...I demand a green mini comics Trap Jaw repaint first. That was the best repaint of the 200x line by far.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I have wanted this version of Tri-Klops ever since I was a little kid. He definitely couldn't be a simple repaint though, since he would need some new tooling - Keldor boots (and the little black squiggles are a must!), the diagonal sash, and of course that magnificent sword, which is so much cooler than the simple green one the vintage and classics figures have. Going a step further, I would even like a new visor for him that is more compact like the one in the mini-comic, because I think the one they gave him is a bit too wide and bulky.

Mattel, I demand this A-list variant!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see Tri-klops again PERIOD!!!

/sigh.....

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I support this! This Tri-Klops was awesome! Definitely an A-List refresh on the level of Battleground Teela!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Wow, we're really getting some support here. I'm all for the idea, but I never thought of it as a real possibility. Think this might get someone's attention? I completely agree that this would make a fantastic variant, but I'm just not sure about how they'll view it. They could throw out any reason they want to not do it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Tweaked Fisto's armor just to see what it would look like. I REALLY want a Tri-Klops with that armor!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

We need to campaign for this A-list variant - c'mon guys, let's get BOUNTY HUNTER TRI-KLOPS made!

And no Mattel, a simple re-painted Tri-Klops in a DCU vs MOTUC 2-pack is not acceptable!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    We need to see "Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops" as an A List variant next year - he would be so cool as a figure.

This would have been much more welcomed than Snake MAA.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    We need to see "Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops" as an A List variant next year - he would be so cool as a figure.
    I'm glad this thread has been revisited. Let's keep the support going for Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Hey it changed from green to yellow, it needs to be reversable.

Looks alot like Roman Centurion armor.

You know now they will see the Fisto picture and think that is what we want, ha.
    Last edited by Jestermon; December 1, 2011 at 12:31pm.

YES! Definitely with a second bandana-wearing head, too!

I'd also love to see an ambrosia-effect Trike (as well as Skeletor and Lyn) as seen in "Sky War."
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    YES! Definitely with a second bandana-wearing head, too!

I'd also love to see an ambrosia-effect Trike (as well as Skeletor and Lyn) as seen in "Sky War."
    Yes AND YES to this!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    Jeez, He-man sure was angsty back in those days....did he like take anger managment classes or something?
    Sure is, but that's only because he just found out Tri-Klops was in charge of Matty's quality control.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Yes please! My hope for this variant actually coming down the line is what stopped me from grabbing another tri-klops during the cyber Monday sale.

I wouldn't necessarily put a fisto armor on him though, but his own unique armor to stay true to the character; kinda like Snake MAA.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I'd be ok with your first proposition, but not the second. Hero? No.

Mind you I dont really want this variant, but then if I got it I could get a rag covered face head from "that guy" who makes them and have this be "pre-triklops" Tridor, which would be pretty boss.

THen get that Sword of the Ages from Spymonkey, and I'd have a great variant.

Now mind you, if they made this figure and gave him that sword and head already, (which is unlikely to be done in any world) that would be even more tops.

I can't believe I never chimed in with my thoughts on this figure. In a word: HELLYES. I would very much love a Tri-Klops variant based on his mini-comic appearance! I don't like the DC-produced minis as much as the original 4, but there is a lot of cool stuff in there. And their designs of Ram Man and Tri-Klops are two of my favorite things about them. I would pretty much want him to look straight out of the comic, too. No altering in colors or design.

Love this look. Screams quarter variant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Hmmm...another option for this version: What if this one also came with a second head to display him as the Blind Swordsman? With the Tri-Klops head he could be our mini-comic Tri-Klops, and with the bandana head he could be used as The Blind Swordsman with an excuse that this is what he wore back then.
    Excellent idea. Blind Swordsman head should be excellent jusfication for the variant for those fans that get nervous when any variant is proposed.

Heroic Warrior
    Bring it as a variant, Im cool with it!

I'd like to see the Bounty Hunter version of Tri-Klops, but just as long as he comes with one of his 200X heads at least from the icon of evil comic, whether it's blind swordsman head or the full visor head (which he wears before Keldor tricks him into joining him and killing the tech wizard guy). I wouldn't mind if he came with a 200X belt like Fisto did so we could have the choice of just furry trunks or the 200X version. Though I'm wondering if the figure might be worth doing in the colours of the 200X repaint version (for the new armour and the legs).

Tri-Klops200x.jpg
    200x_icons_of_evil_tri-klops_content_27_full.jpg
    tri-klops_rp_f.jpg

As far a going good I'm not too keen on that. I'd like some reference to Keldor/Skeletor tricking/enslaving him from the comic, but I'd prefer if Tri-Klops became his own man and didn't belong to any faction. More of a gray/neutral area morally, a sort of wild card. Maybe he should actually be a bounty hunter in the bio if the figure does come about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

zero interest in mini comics variant.

I'd only be interested in a 200x cartoon variant.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

The 200x version should get its own variant. We've been waiting for the mini-comics version of him for 30 years! That's the way I always wanted my Tri-Klops figure to look, so make it happen Scott! It would be a really easy, cheap variant for Mattel to do, and would make many people happy.

On a related note, that idea floating around about giving him an extra, blindfolded head is a pretty awesome idea! Who is this "Blind Swordsman" anyway? I've never heard of him before.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Do you guys think we'll see Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops this year?

The Tri-Klops figure hasn't had a re-release yet, so I think this year would be perfect to have a Tri-Klops variant.

Out of the 3 possible Tri variants - Filmation, 200X and mini comic - its the mini comic version which is the most striking and also would really be a good bonus variant.

I think he should be done like this:

New armor
    New belt which goes over his armor - he can hang his sword on the back of that
    New "mini comic and cardback" style sword (gold hilt and silver)
    New head
    New maroon boots

If not a quarterly variant, I'd settle for a SDCC or sub exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    On a related note, that idea floating around about giving him an extra, blindfolded head is a pretty awesome idea! Who is this "Blind Swordsman" anyway? I've never heard of him before.
    Basically it's Tri-Klops before he worked for Skeletor and needed to wear the helmet he's known for from the 200X Icons of Evil prequel comics (there's a pic of a custom of the head in my previous post, just above the proto-Tri-Klops helmet pic from the same comic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd like a variant tri-klops like that. would like that bounty hunter head with him. from the 200x comic.
    he would go with my keldors warriors.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man