Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 96 of 96

Thread: Tri-Klops' Mini-Comic Armor

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,378
    Absolutely!!! One of the last, and certainly most crucial, of the pre-Filmation A-list variants. Needs a bit of new tooling, but would be obvious for a Powercon exclusive next year - who else could he be packaged with? I'd love to get a Texeira mini-comic variant of Ram Man on the regular sized buck, but I feel that would likely involve too much tooling.

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Absolutely!!! One of the last, and certainly most crucial, of the pre-Filmation A-list variants. Needs a bit of new tooling, but would be obvious for a Powercon exclusive next year - who else could he be packaged with? I'd love to get a Texeira mini-comic variant of Ram Man on the regular sized buck, but I feel that would likely involve too much tooling.
    Yeah, they'd probably just repaint the large buck Rammy again which would be kinda pointless IMHO. Like you say, he needs the regular sized buck for that variant.
    It's hard to say who they could package him with...maybe a cross-sell repaint Man-E-Faces? A clear crystal Man-At-Arms from the 'Dragons Gift' mini-comic..?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  3. #78
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,660
    My fingers are crossed that his inclusion in the Power Con art is more than an easter egg. It's pretty cool that nearly the whole core bad guy team has a repaint.

    Beyond him, I just don't know if I have interest in any more mini comic redecos. I wouldn't be completely surprised if we saw a pink Teela or Sorceress variant soonish. I don't see white haired Marlena and Randor happening, nor white 'stache Duncan. Crystal Duncan would be cool though; I'd be into that if it came with some props from Dragon's Gift.

    As much as I'd love to see it, I just don't see minicomics Sy-Klone happening.

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    My fingers are crossed that his inclusion in the Power Con art is more than an easter egg. It's pretty cool that nearly the whole core bad guy team has a repaint.

    Beyond him, I just don't know if I have interest in any more mini comic redecos. I wouldn't be completely surprised if we saw a pink Teela or Sorceress variant soonish. I don't see white haired Marlena and Randor happening, nor white 'stache Duncan. Crystal Duncan would be cool though; I'd be into that if it came with some props from Dragon's Gift.

    As much as I'd love to see it, I just don't see minicomics Sy-Klone happening.
    Ah! I forgot about those pink variants! I'd dig mini-comics Sy-Klone too! Could even name him 'Tornado' like in the 'Spikor Strikes!' mini!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  5. #80
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,660
    Eventually we will get to the point where if "Tornado" doesn't get made, there will be torches and pitchforks. Even though he's totally ugly, inconsequential to the mythos, and totally ugly again. (if I was in charge, I'd have him made in the next wave just to troll the audience.)

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Eventually we will get to the point where if "Tornado" doesn't get made, there will be torches and pitchforks. Even though he's totally ugly, inconsequential to the mythos, and totally ugly again. (if I was in charge, I'd have him made in the next wave just to troll the audience.)
    Hah! Very true! Sadly, I'd buy him or the 200X repaint of Sy-Klone in a heartbeat!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  7. #82
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Absolutely!!! One of the last, and certainly most crucial, of the pre-Filmation A-list variants. Needs a bit of new tooling, but would be obvious for a Powercon exclusive next year - who else could he be packaged with?

    Secret Liquid of Life Teela and perhaps Roboto in mini-comic colors.
    Danielsan52


    HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Secret Liquid of Life Teela and perhaps Roboto in mini-comic colors.
    VERY nice choices!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  9. #84
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,660
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Hah! Very true! Sadly, I'd buy him or the 200X repaint of Sy-Klone in a heartbeat!
    Oh, I would absolutely buy a 200x repaint Sy-Klone for sure. I painted my own; that look was so rad.

  10. #85
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Oh, I would absolutely buy a 200x repaint Sy-Klone for sure. I painted my own; that look was so rad.
    OoOoOOoh! Have any pics you can share? I'd like to see how the classics version looks repainted in that color scheme!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  11. #86
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,660

    Tri-Klops' Mini-Comic Armor

    I do indeed! I took liberties with the radar screen.


  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I do indeed! I took liberties with the radar screen.

    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6b6f28c8fe.jpg
    Oh nice! Thanks for posting!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  13. #88
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    4,083
    They have needed to make this Tri-Klops since day 1, I know I have been asking for it for almost a decade now.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

    Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    They have needed to make this Tri-Klops since day 1, I know I have been asking for it for almost a decade now.
    Yeah, I've wanted it since I was about 10 years old...it's been a looooooong time coming...and it's still not here!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  15. #90
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,660
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Oh nice! Thanks for posting!
    Thank you! In hindsight I should have used the 200x-inspired head for this guy (whom I call Ty-Foon), and left the original head on Sy-Klone.

    I'm currently experimenting with the Preternia Disguise He-Man buck and a reproduction of TK's armor to see if it'll work as a stand-in until the real deal is made. Don't have a head though...

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    They have needed to make this Tri-Klops since day 1, I know I have been asking for it for almost a decade now.
    I'm with you on that. I'm just glad that the largely neglected minicomic characters and variants now seem to have gained mainstream appeal. I think I'm actually seeing more discussion about these than POP and NA. I think people are starting to notice thanks to the Super7 / Power-Con selections, and finally realising just how good and important these early versions were.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,378
    Quoted from the Powercon thread to bring life back to this endless campaign:


    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    "Well, you might as well get your pitchfork ready. Because if he ever happens, at this point in the Classics line, he might not have new tooling. You might as well brace yourself for that possibility."

    My response:

    "Tri-Klops is an A-list character. He's one of the core Evil Warriors from the very inception of MOTU. He is indispensable to the mythos. He has now been represented with an update of his vintage figure, as well as the only mildly different Filmation version. His iconic first media appearance, the Texeira mini comic that came with the vintage figure, must be made accurately. This isn't an obscure variant of an obscure character that only hard core fans know. For many, his mini comic version is THE Tri-Klops, and we have patiently and frustratedly been waiting 36 years to finally see him in figure form while we've had to stomach the arrival of many lesser characters in his place.

    It wouldn't take much:

    He-Man buck (with repainted torso with yellow and red stripes)
    Keldor boots (repainted maroon with white squiggly lines)
    Classics Tri-Klops armour (repainted bright lime green)
    Filmation Tri-Klops sword (same colours)
    Filmation He-Man wrist cuffs (repainted bright lime green. Not 100% accurate but very close)

    New tooling:

    Bandolier (unless there's already something similar that could be reused and repainted. Could possibly be a soft good to save costs)
    Head (Sorry, neither the classics head nor the Filmation head are acceptable for this variant. Not budging on this.)

    If a couple of small pieces of new tooling could be done for mini comics Trap Jaw and Stratos, it can be done for Tri-Klops. He's every bit as significant a character, perhaps even more so.

    Tri-Klops DESERVES this variant to be done with respect."

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    I want a few more variants in MOTUC, but if I could only have one, this would be it.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    219
    I want that mini-comic Ram Man Durendal mentioned earlier... is there a thread for THAT one?

    Love the idea of mini-comic Tri-Klops.... but the intro of Ram Man in that totally different body shape? Ten times as much.

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    I want that mini-comic Ram Man Durendal mentioned earlier... is there a thread for THAT one?

    Love the idea of mini-comic Tri-Klops.... but the intro of Ram Man in that totally different body shape? Ten times as much.
    Alas, I think that particular variant of Rammy would be more likely to show up as a simple repaint at this stage of the game...
    To answer your question though, I don't think there's an official thread for 'Mark Texeira Mini-comic Ram Man'.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior poweredconvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I want a few more variants in MOTUC, but if I could only have one, this would be it.
    Agreed. This is a must have for a lot of people. I've wanted it since the 1980's.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •