Thread: Motuc Vintage style Catra (toy deco)

Motuc Vintage style Catra (toy deco)

Hello guys! Here is my next custom of the week. Due to the many e-mails I got about making "vintage styled" pop characters, I had to try making a custom Vintage style Catra, just as she was released in the 80's.

The chest had to be re sculpted entirely, plus I gave her an articulated tail, 80's style boot details and mask. She then was repackaged for the mint on card collector. She is on "the bay" now for those of you interested:

Well, I never liked the design of the Vintage Dolls (although I have four She-Ras in my collection), but as Classics vision here - and If Matty brings out her like this - I would buy her immediately!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

I LOVE this.

Sadly...I have to buy a goofy head on Clawful with no options because "that's how the toy was" But I can't get the Catra I wanted most even though that's how the toy was.

Double standards are great.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Nice take on Catra. I like the corset look you kinda gave her. :-)

LOVE the upper part of her costume. Great job!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Very much! I want to mix your upper part with the lower part of her from kalels custom fur skirt then add your tail to that and your boots, she would be my dream Catra, oh but with my jewel! Lol
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Whoa this is pretty wild! As others have said, the bodice part of the outfit kick-ass and would look wicked cool paired with the furries that kalel0201 gave his custom toy line Catra. Even though I like that part of his custom better, I do have to admit your style ties together nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko-78 View Post
    Well, I never liked the design of the Vintage Dolls (although I have four She-Ras in my collection), but as Classics vision here - and If Matty brings out her like this - I would buy her immediately!
    Hear that Mattel?

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I LOVE this.

Sadly...I have to buy a goofy head on Clawful with no options because "that's how the toy was" But I can't get the Catra I wanted most even though that's how the toy was.

Double standards are great.
    They went for the most iconic look I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kalel0201 View Post
    Nice take on Catra. I like the corset look you kinda gave her. :-)
    Thanks yeah I had to find a way to make that work
    Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    Very much! I want to mix your upper part with the lower part of her from kalels custom fur skirt then add your tail to that and your boots, she would be my dream Catra, oh but with my jewel! Lol
    At the beginning I wanted to try the fur on her, but since someone already made her like that, I went the other way..Maybe a version 2.0 will have fur..

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Whoa this is pretty wild! As others have said, the bodice part of the outfit kick-ass and would look wicked cool paired with the furries that kalel0201 gave his custom toy line Catra. Even though I like that part of his custom better, I do have to admit your style ties together nicely.
    Thank you, yeah I analized the style and Mattel sculpts most stuff (save on grizzlor) so I went that way. Maybe a later version will have fur...Stay tuned!