Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nintendo's Wii U (Project Cafe)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    You should pre-ordered the deluxe Dan. It ain't a stock anymore on Black Friday.
    I tried pre-ordering it, but all the pre-orders around here sold out in a day or so, so I missed out. I decided then that I wasn't overly worried about having it right away, since it's not like I have a lot of free time to play anyway. I'll get one eventually.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Nintendo has always been behind in hardware,
    No they haven't. Their home consoles were always competitive with the competition. It wasn't until the Wii that it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is why I said they will probably just repackage the one they have, maybe add a new video card or upgrade the internal memory for show. But the current PS3 is still a beast, Sony just handled the console wrong from start to finish as far as pricing. The line the CEO gave about it being $599 so just get a 2nd job to pay for it is going to haunt them for years.
    yep that's just like Romeny saying kids should borrow money from their parents to go to college.

Man I want this console bad, but I'm waiting until August probably. This Christmas is hurting my pockets badly.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    No they haven't. Their home consoles were always competitive with the competition. It wasn't until the Wii that it changed.
    That can be debated at great length, the original Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube all had different parts so you can't really compare. Xbox and PS2 did some things better. Nintendo could have easily had the top system in all generations but has always opted for cost/functionality over specs.

Going back even further the N64 stuck with antiquated carts and required a memory upgrade later in its life vs the new CD-ROM Media of the PSX.

With that said having played with it for an entire night the Wii U is pretty bad ass, the functionality of the tablet opens up new avenues. I own two iPads, two iPhones, and an Android Tablet. However using the Wii U feels nothing like playing on those

The ability to play games off the TV almost makes it feel like a HD portable but with more comfort and a better experience then say the 3DS/Vita.

Just like how MS moved into Motion controlling due to the Wii, I really hope Sony and MS move into tablet gaming due to the Wii U.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Nintendo did quite well with the Wii U and it is clearly a huge step up from the original Wii. The traffic on launch day was ridiculous and greatly hampered the usage of what could be done on the system. In addition to that, the entire system seemed sluggish and not overly responsive but all of that went away once the traffic was able to be dealt with properly. Miiverse is an interesting take on a social network of sorts and the addition of a user name (instead of a code) removes the babysitter attitude of Nintendo as we've seen before. The pad is responsive and works nicely and doesn't feel clumsy.

I haven't done much other than play Mario Kart right now, but from the dabbling I have had with the U controller has been nice. I like the fact that if I want to turn the TV off I can and still play. I like having both touch screen and buttons.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by SolarYellow View Post
    Nintendo did quite well with the Wii U and it is clearly a huge step up from the original Wii. The traffic on launch day was ridiculous and greatly hampered the usage of what could be done on the system. In addition to that, the entire system seemed sluggish and not overly responsive but all of that went away once the traffic was able to be dealt with properly. Miiverse is an interesting take on a social network of sorts and the addition of a user name (instead of a code) removes the babysitter attitude of Nintendo as we've seen before. The pad is responsive and works nicely and doesn't feel clumsy.
    I had to laugh at some of the drawings I saw in the Miiverse, people ragging on Giant Bomb or other reviewers who crapped on games without really playing them.

I waited until last night to update, it took me about 25min to get the entire update downloaded and installed. I figured launch night would be insane
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Wii U on Sunday morning, as i was able to do my preorder in mid September at EB Games. I bought the Deluxe/Black version, but didn't get to break Nintendo Land in. I was really hard pressed on what game to buy. Ended up grabbing Super Mario Bros. U, which is pretty damn good. You can't really go wrong with Mario. Wanted to get Zombi U, but waited for reviews, and now that i read them, I'm glad I didn't get the game. lol Really want to get Scibblenauts Unlimted. I know Batman was amazing for PS3 and XB360, but i can't stand the batman character, so i couldn't justify grabbing the game. Anyways, i love the U Pad controller. lol And the screen on the tablet is really good. If you're using a SD TV, chances are the game's visuals being displayed on the gamepad screen will look better than what's shown on your TV. I think the future is bright for Nintendo and cudos for them, not only giving us a HD system, but actually being the ones to get the jump on Sony and MS this time around.

I definitely want to get one eventually (Probably sometime next year). There are about 4 games from the launch window I knew from E3
    I would want: Mario, Tekken Tag 2, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101. I played Rayman at a kiosk, and while I'm one of the few
    who really feel indifferent about the series (I know blasphemy), I have to say it really did show off how the tablet could be used
    for more than an inventory screen in the typical RPG/RTS/Adventure game. The best example probably being a puzzle where you
    have to tilt the tablet around like a wheel to help Rayman navigate a spike pit trap. But there were others.

While I'm sure the media will continue to rag on it's slower processor, and ram speeds to create a narrative to keep AAA stuff on
    whatever Microsoft, and Sony put out (Call me crazy if you wan't but I see a LOT of blatant media bias on the major sites lately)
    Nintendo is going to do well in spite of them. Even if they don't end up with every highly coveted dudebro game this time either.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?