Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's Wii U (Project Cafe)

getting older, just can't get excited..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    went to wikipedia for more info and found this spefic site http://wiiu.wikia.com/wiki/Wii_U.

the show screen shot of games. there will be a console and more traditional controller.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Dud is in the eye of the beholder. I have 91 Wii games (not counting my downloads) and 84 GameCube games and I play them both on a regular basis. I'm playing The Last Story right now and LOVING it!
    See, the PS2/PS3 have way more games that I care about. For the Wii I have Donkey Kong Country Returns, Resident Evil 4, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Mario Wii, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3. For Gamecube, I have Blood Omen 2, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Resident Evil 0 and REmake, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, MegaMan Network Transmission, and Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes.

Anyway, I expect the Wii U to be out by the last week of Oct. If they make it in November, they will miss out on the Assassin's Creed III launch and everyone will just buy the game for PS3 or 360 instead of waiting for the Wii U version.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I had a chance to play the Wii U at the Denver Wii U Experience and it is much more fun than I thought! The Luigi mini game was surprisingly fun and Pikimin 3 was sweet too! I can tell that I am gonna like the Wii U much more than I did the Wii.

Day one pick up for me!

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    I had a chance to play the Wii U at the Denver Wii U Experience and it is much more fun than I thought! The Luigi mini game was surprisingly fun and Pikimin 3 was sweet too! I can tell that I am gonna like the Wii U much more than I did the Wii.

Day one pick up for me!
    What if it is $400?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What if it is $400?
    If it's $400, it's $400.. one lives only once.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I want it. funny I was so close to buying a ps3 one day and I talked myself out of it because the only games that I want are the God of War series and Uncharted. i may still get one but hardly ANYTHING on it appeals to me. xbox and nintendo seem to have me more interested.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    If it's $400, it's $400.. one lives only once.

Whooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Slow down there daddy warbucks and slowly back away from the edge.

I don't think at $400 it would sell well. and $300 makes me cringe. I'll take a guess of $200.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Wasn't the Wii $250 at launch? I doubt that this new system will be lower in price. I will be happy if it is, but I doubt it. And I'm wondering how the tablet controller will impact the price. Nintendo does like to keep their prices lower to be more appealing in at least that respect, but at the end of the day costs are costs. I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of $300, but I doubt that it would go much higher than that.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I think $299 myself, that is about "Normal" for a console. I think the Wii was $249 at launch and the Xbox was $399

Nobody can repeat the awesomeness that was the PS3, get another job to pay for claimed Sony....how did that go for them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Nobody can repeat the awesomeness that was the PS3, get another job to pay for claimed Sony....how did that go for them
    Even though it turned out to be the system that I like and use the most of this current generation (much to my surprise and to the complete contrary of my comments in the Console War thread from about 6 years ago), Sony's head was WAY too big going into this generation and they made some pretty bone-headed decisions with the system, especially early on.

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Even though it turned out to be the system that I like and use the most of this current generation (much to my surprise and to the complete contrary of my comments in the Console War thread from about 6 years ago), Sony's head was WAY too big going into this generation and they made some pretty bone-headed decisions with the system, especially early on.
    Yes and no. At the time, Blu-Ray was entirely new technology. The cheapest player above the PS3 was $1000. Sony took a massive loss on their console sales even at $600. However, the PS3 is still to this day the most advanced game system on the planet and no one will be able to outdo them unless Microsoft releases their next system with Blu-Ray technology. Even the Wii U will not be able to outdo the PS3 since they aren't using BD. In fact, all Nintendo has shown me is that the Wii U is centered around another gimmick.

Yes and no. At the time, Blu-Ray was entirely new technology. The cheapest player above the PS3 was $1000. Sony took a massive loss on their console sales even at $600. However, the PS3 is still to this day the most advanced game system on the planet and no one will be able to outdo them unless Microsoft releases their next system with Blu-Ray technology. Even the Wii U will not be able to outdo the PS3 since they aren't using BD. In fact, all Nintendo has shown me is that the Wii U is centered around another gimmick.
    The PS3 architecture though makes it a bit of a bear to program for that's why many games still look a bit better on the 360. I mean it's a good system but it's biggest selling point for many has become that it was (might still be) one of the best blu-ray players out there. but in terms of being an advanced console, it doesn't really do much that the 360 doesn't do outside of playing blu-rays. (Free online play doesn't count because that's not a system thing it's a corporate decision )

Anyway, from what I've read the Wii U will have superior specs to the ps3 (outside of being a blu-ray player) what that means for us however is something to be proven. specs on paper mean nothing if developers don't make use of the capabilities.
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 6, 2012 at 08:03am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Sorry, but 50GB discs trump 9 GB discs any day. The 360 is what is holding the PS3 back from its true potential. If you look at games like God of War III, Uncharted series, and Metal Gear Solid 4, they put all other games to shame in terms of graphics because they are PS3 only.

Sorry, but 50GB discs trump 9 GB discs any day. The 360 is what is holding the PS3 back from its true potential. If you look at games like God of War III, Uncharted series, and Metal Gear Solid 4, they put all other games to shame in terms of graphics because they are PS3 only.
    I wouldn't agree on that myself, they look great but not much greater than the other high end games I've seen. again it's the game developer that makes the hardware look good not the hardware that makes the games look good. I've seen Wii games that are more impressive than SOME 360-ps3 games because the developers were brilliant not because the hardware was superior.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Whooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Slow down there daddy warbucks and slowly back away from the edge.

I don't think at $400 it would sell well. and $300 makes me cringe. I'll take a guess of $200.
    First of all, I'm nowhere near a daddy warbucks.. quite the opposite in fact. I work my butt off just to get by, and I might be back to 2 jobs next year. Second, we now know it WON'T be $400...

I was just saying if it WERE to be, sometimes depending on the person and what's important to them you just gotta go for it. I'm not saying to live wrecklessly. I'm not saying to splurge on everything that strikes your fancy... BUT, once in a while you just gotta throw caution to the wind and go for it, because one lives only once!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Anyone who thought Nintendo would launch a $400 console is off thier rocker. They always provide affordable options and I think they learned from the 3DS about launching at too high of a price point.

As far as gaming in general I personally could care less about technical specs. When I play Gears of War I'm not thinking "Gee, I would be having so much more fun if this were on a blu ray disc." Games are supposed to be fun and the Wii U looks like it will be exactly that. Can't wait!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The Wii U just looks like another gimmick to me. I need to see some real games that aren't just using it as a gimmick.

Price and release date announced
    $349.99 deluxe $299.99 basic (US prices)
    11-18-2012

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu?om_rid=AAAska&om_mid=_BQUf9$B8t5-vQz

Fear is faith in failure

I just looked up some info on this. Apparently the difference between the Basic and Deluxe versions is that the basic will have 8GB of memory while the Deluxe will have 32GB. Those are both very low amounts of memory, and I can see that filling up fast, especially since the system can apparently be used as a DVR. Is there any other difference between the two models besides that?

I at least hope that the small amount of memory means that Nintendo won't be putting much focus on digital distribution of games and content.

The deluxe also comes with a stand, a charger for the controller and holder for it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The deluxe also comes with a stand, a charger for the controller and holder for it.
    I was just looking at more info on it... it also appear that the deluxe version comes with that Nintendoland game and the basic version doesn't.

You also get a one year subscription that gets you 10% off downloaded games.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

That's cool!

Also the fact that the deluxe system is black makes it even better! I got my original Wii at launch when they only came in white. I would have preferred black, but I wasn't going to buy the system again just for a different color.

Since we are getting a black Wii U right out of the gate, I will get that version.

In fact, I went ahead and preordered it from Gamestop's website. I may cancel it if I am able to preorder it from Amazon (free shipping and no tax). I'm also debating on even getting it this year at all or waiting until next year. Just found out yesterday that my wife NEEDS braces for her teeth (and not for cosmetic reasons... if she doesn't get them, she will have MAJOR problems years from now), so that's going to be big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! (we pretty much have it figured out, but it is a set-back).

EDIT: Canceled my Gamestop preorder and instead went with Best Buy with the in-store pick up option. I save on the shipping charge and get the system faster.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 14, 2012 at 11:37am.