Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power and The Honor Foundation - Original MOTU Art Preservation

Pretty vicious-looking for Filmation, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Pretty vicious-looking for Filmation, LOL!
    They did vicious looking characters all the time.

That giant watermark on all the images is a real downer for me. I mean, I hate them in general, but the one used here (there?) is really distracting... for me, at least.

That aside, love what you're doing & wish you the best!
    Visit Miraclemen.Info : The Miracleman Archive. Website assistance & fan submissions encouraged/welcomed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168456

Quote Originally Posted by H0GW1LD3 View Post
    That giant watermark on all the images is a real downer for me. I mean, I hate them in general, but the one used here (there?) is really distracting... for me, at least.

That aside, love what you're doing & wish you the best!
    Watermark won't be on the uncropped pics.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    The big he-man is not a prototype after my knowledge. It was made by Rotplast and was released in the Venezuelan marked in the mid 80s. They also made Rambo and Ninjaturtles in the same size.

Its rare and incredible awsome

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...re/Capture.jpg
    Hi!

The giant He-Man was indeed made in Venezuela, but not by Rotoplast. Its brand still remains unknown. There are three different colour variants: red, blue and silver. The similar size Rambo was made by another different company named Sportoys. I don't have a clue about the Ninja Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Josh Van Pelt. You probably don't remember me, but your Cafe Wha? restored a lot of my vintage collection and filled in a lot of gaps for me. I am ever grateful for dedicated fans like you to help out guys like me.

This is a decent guy and I can vouch that this guy is a dedicated MOTU fan. I'm so glad your the director of this and I thank you for what your doing.
    I am glad I was able to help you. Running The Cafe Wha? was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of cool people. I really didn't have the time needed to give the website the attention it needed and sadly I had to slowly let it go. Fortunately, my love for MOTU never died and I continue to keep collecting.

BTW, I enjoyed reading your novel.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by figuradeaccion View Post
    Hi!

The giant He-Man was indeed made in Venezuela, but not by Rotoplast. Its brand still remains unknown. There are three different colour variants: red, blue and silver. The similar size Rambo was made by another different company named Sportoys. I don't have a clue about the Ninja Turtles
    ummm u r incredibly wrong. the giant he-man was not from venezuela at all. it was a bootleg sold thru china. yes it managed to pop up in poor cities around the world perhaps but it didnt originate there or sell directly there. these were sold in china towns around the country. stores still had them in the easter style bags up until around 1998. they came in a few different colors as well.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    For those that hasn't checked our site yet, here is another image from our sample galleries: a Grizzlor concept by Curtis Cim. Not from Mattel. From Filmation
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/wp-cont...h-sample-5.jpg
    I ever knew that evil Hordes (including Hordak) was a Filmation idea, if I'm not wrong they were planned to be the next villain for the He-Man series!
    Please, can you post something specific about She-Ra?
    Do you have other pre-production of Horders members like Catra, Leech, Mantenna or Scorpia?
    Thank you!!!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I ever knew that evil Hordes (including Hordak) was a Filmation idea, if I'm not wrong they were planned to be the next villain for the He-Man series!
    For third season.

That Grizzlor concept art is really something! Thanks for sharing!

Heroic Warrior

The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog Volume One

The Power and The Honor Foundation is pleased to announce the first step in our mission to archive, preserve, and share the history of the Masters of the Universe.The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog Volume One: The Art of Masters of the Universe Toy Design is a hardcover, full-color, 160-page catalog that features over 250 never-before-seen images along with an informative narrative. It is our hope that this fundraiser will not only allow the Foundation to continue to advance its mission but also provide a detailed review of the pieces available for public display by galleries, fundraisers, and any interested organizations.

The Foundation is giving donors The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog Volume One: The Art of Masters of the Universe Toy Design as a gift for their generous support. For a limited time, your $55 donation will entitle you to one catalog. The catalog will first be available in person at Power-Con in September. Catalogs will then be mailed out to donors shortly afterward. Your donation covers the shipping cost worldwide.

Your support is greatly appreciated and needed. The Foundation depends on fan donations to continue to archive, preserve, and share these pieces of MOTU history.

Please visit our website for more information.
    Sample pages from the catalog will be available soon.

Catalog Vol. 1 cover

The link to reserve a copy isn't really doing much of anything except bringing me to PayPal... I log in... and it just goes to my account overview... what to do next? I want this

PS. I think I figured it out... I sent PayPal payment via the donation link and included all my info. Hope this was right!
    Last edited by zodak74; June 22, 2011 at 07:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    It's working as it should now, but your donation is good enough
    Thanks for the support!
    Last edited by PowerAndHonor; June 22, 2011 at 07:41pm.

Cool, thank you. I'll PayPal soon. So looking forward to this book.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the support!
    Can I Order More than one?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LANTERN-RO View Post
    Can I Order More than one?
    You'll get a catalog for every $55 donations.
    (so, the answer is yes )

Thanks for the support!
    Cool... very much looking forward to this. It sounds more impressive (and is definitely more affordable!) than the Mattel SDCC art book!

It's all about money... yaaaay...

So when I go to Power-Con can I just donate there and get the book? Or do I have to donate before and pick it up at the con?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    So when I go to Power-Con can I just donate there and get the book? Or do I have to donate before and pick it up at the con?
    If you go to the Power-Con you don't need to donate before, you can just pick-up the catalog there

If you go to the Power-Con you don't need to donate before, you can just pick-up the catalog there
    Sweet. It's mine.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Sweet. It's mine.
    My thoughts exactly
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Just remember, there is a limited supply. We hope to have plenty on hand for donations at Power-Con but we won't know exactly how many will be left until we get there.

I am definitely in for one and just sent my donation.

One question - does this volume focus entirely on never-before-seen images or are there going to be some high quality pictures of box art paintings or cardback paintings similar to the book Mattel released at SDCC a couple years ago? Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself and those are reserved for future volumes. Either way I'm very excited for this to come out.

How many volumes do you plan on releasing? I noticed this was marked as volume 1.