Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: The Power and The Honor Foundation - Original MOTU Art Preservation

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. I stumbled upon this entry on Charles Zembillas' blog.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zq98gCmTDP...600/SheRa1.jpg

There's a swear word on the art for his January 11 entry on MOTU, so that's why I'm not posting a link to his blog. Should be easily found though.
    So? What are we? Children? Anyway, thanks for posting this picture and the artist's name. Very cool!

That's one of my favorite concept designs for She-Ra, plus it's a great illustration - That's why I offered this illustration as a limited edition print with my book last year - It kicks ass!

Charles Zembillas' conceptual She-Ra designs are pretty incredible, especially his character turnarounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    That's one of my favorite concept designs for She-Ra, plus it's a great illustration - That's why I offered this illustration as a limited edition print with my book last year - It kicks ass!

http://www.bustatoons.com/heman_cart...ion_prints.jpg

Charles Zembillas' conceptual She-Ra designs are pretty incredible, especially his character turnarounds!
    Love the conceptual art of rattlor! James I was wondering, do you have any models sheets of the following characters
    Icer
    Strongarm
    Lizardman
    Masque
    Enchantress
    Shokoti

The reason i ask is, The 4 horsemen used the accessory that was drawn on Fangmans Model Sheet ( the cattle prod thingy), so If we were to able to see some of the original model sheets to see if they were ever weapons drawn up for some of the characters we are expecting to get from the Filmation series. You have always been a great resource to turn to on matters like these, and I and many other fans would love to pass on any information to the horsemen (they are even asking us now) to get historical accurate accessories to those that never had action figures. Thank you in advance

It seens Mr. Zembillas updated his blog....the oldest surviving image of He-Man in his classic transformation pose !!!

http://zembillas.blogspot.com.br/201...-image-of.html

Thanks Mr. Zembillas for share your awesome illustration !

Words can't explain how cool this catalogue is.I spent a couple weeks carefully paging through this.Thank you so much for sharing your preservations.See you at power-con and hopefully there's more material you can share with us.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Words can't explain how cool this catalogue is.I spent a couple weeks carefully paging through this.Thank you so much for sharing your preservations.See you at power-con and hopefully there's more material you can share with us.
    Thank you King Criss79!
    We are not allowed to go to Power-Con, but we have tons of material we'll find other ways to share in the following years

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Love the conceptual art of rattlor! James I was wondering, do you have any models sheets of the following characters
    Icer
    Strongarm
    Lizardman
    Masque
    Enchantress
    Shokoti

The reason i ask is, The 4 horsemen used the accessory that was drawn on Fangmans Model Sheet ( the cattle prod thingy), so If we were to able to see some of the original model sheets to see if they were ever weapons drawn up for some of the characters we are expecting to get from the Filmation series. You have always been a great resource to turn to on matters like these, and I and many other fans would love to pass on any information to the horsemen (they are even asking us now) to get historical accurate accessories to those that never had action figures. Thank you in advance
    We do have complete model sheets for virtually every single character/creature/vehicle appeared in both Filmation cartoons.
    Unlike Fang Man, none of the characters you mentioned have weapons in the model sheets. I wouldn't worry about the 4H having the right references though, the Foundation members have provided the Horsemen everything they many need many years ago, before Mattel restrictions applied
    Last edited by PowerAndHonor; February 25, 2013 at 07:11am.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    We do have complete model sheets for virtually every single character/creature/vehicle appeared in both Filmation cartoons.
    Unlike Fang Man, none of the characters you mentioned have weapons in the model sheets. I wouldn't worry about the 4H having the right references though, the Foundation members have provided the Horsemen everything they many need many years ago, before Mattel restrictions applied
    Awesome! Thanks for all the efforts.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    Thank you King Criss79!
    We are not allowed to go to Power-Con, but we have tons of material we'll find other ways to share in the following years
    So will you be at any other conventions like SDCC?
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

I went to visit the Power and Honor website today, and it shows suspended. I don't know these folks like some of my fellow .orgers do, anyone know when the site should be back up?

http://www.powerandhonor.org/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

The last update on their Facebook says:

"The Power and the Honor Foundation website is temporary offline for server maintenance. It should be back on line after week-end. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

But that was back in April.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I went to visit the Power and Honor website today, and it shows suspended. I don't know these folks like some of my fellow .orgers do, anyone know when the site should be back up?

http://www.powerandhonor.org/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
    We just noticed that ourselves.
    Last week we have been hacked, and we had to restore an old database, but we don't know yet what the problem is this time.
    We're enquiring with our hosting service to find out, but possibly the week-end will slow things down. We'll post a notice here and on Facebook when the site is back up.
    Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

garoovy, thanks for the heads up!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Our website was temporary offline last night due to a hacker attack.
    We are back up now, even if there are still some missing images. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    No images are showing at all.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Loving the idea of the Castle Moat!

I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Dang, that moat is really cool. I really want to order one for my castle!

Really glad to see an update from the foundation as well!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, it's pretty awesome seeing the original Mark Taylor Castle Moat! Very cool!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    The restored moat is a VERY cool addition to either the vintage or the new playset!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

yeah, that is pretty awesome. I am strapped for cash right now but want one. Funny I was just asking for scans of this.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    wow. Expensive. Cool. just pricy. I couldn't see wanting this for Classics. This seams like a pure vintage thing to me.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

That's really unnecessarily high priced.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Cool item!

Hmmm, well, I really like the mat, but not sure how this would do under the grand weight of the new Classics Castle. Tempted though. I may end up just getting the vintage one instead for my vintage Grayskull. I never had the Castle as a kid, so it wouldn't detract from my memories, if that makes sense.

Yeah these are very cool. I'd really like to see actual photos for the vintage castle on both the high res & canvas sheets. I can't even figure out how to order one.

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    That's really unnecessarily high priced.
    Please read my point of view!

When I think at how much work has been made to find the original photocopies and all the efforts to restore the vintage colors it seems that the asking price is very very cheap to me!

It is the product of long hard professional and passionate work from expert MOTU lovers and artists like Emiliano Santalucia ad Josh Van Pelt.
    And the final product is pure masterpiece! Mattel couldn't do better than this!

The least I can do is to show my gratitude ordering at least one Moat!

Also donating to the foundation will help to bring to light more and more excellent and great stuff like the Moat!

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    Please read my point of view!

When I think at how much work has been made to find the original photocopies and all the efforts to restore the vintage colors it seems that the asking price is very very cheap to me!

It is the product of long hard professional and passionate work from expert MOTU lovers and artists like Emiliano Santalucia ad Josh Van Pelt.
    And the final product is pure masterpiece! Mattel couldn't do better than this!

The least I can do is to show my gratitude ordering at least one Moat!

Also donating to the foundation will help to bring to light more and more excellent and great stuff like the Moat!
    I see where you are coming from but I know a lot about repro costs and if your print number is high enough a mat like that wouldn't even touch the $10 mark. That would be a margin of at least 800% for the Classics sized mat. In my opinion that's a bit excessive especially for a foundation (which isn't supposed to be making a profit). But perhaps printing costs are different in the US then they are here in the Netherlands, I dont know.

Edit: I read they are using the profit for storage and legal fees... Not sure if they need some sort of license to do this but I guess that would qualify the high price.
    Last edited by Neo; December 24, 2013 at 08:28am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/