Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power and The Honor Foundation - Original MOTU Art Preservation

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    please if possible, don't forget to include at least one to those who donated and getting the book by mail !!
    Yes, please include the card!

Made my donation!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    please if possible, don't forget to include at least one to those who donated and getting the book by mail !!
    We will try to include any extra postcards with the catalogs that we are mailing to donors. I am not sure how many we will have left so if you really want them please PM (or e-mail info@powerandhonor.org) and I will add a note to your donation that you would like a set of postcards. Thanks again for your donation!
    -Josh

is it still true that these will not be mailed out to anyone until AFTER those attending Power Con get theirs? I am going to the con, and i am definitely getting one of these... i just wasn't sure if i should: wait to buy it at the con; reserve it now and pick it up at the con; or reserve it and have it mailed. (that is, if it would arrive before the con... i want to have it there!) if i were to pick it up at the con... will it be possible to hook up with you to receive it friday night? also, regarding the mention of possibly mailing out the postcards with the book... would it be possible to bring enough of these to include with the book for anyone interested who's picking theirs up at the con? lastly, what will we need to bring as proof of reservation to get our copy at the con?
    sorry for so many questions. but thanks in advance for the insight/help.
    -kevin

Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    We will try to include any extra postcards with the catalogs that we are mailing to donors. I am not sure how many we will have left so if you really want them please PM (or e-mail info@powerandhonor.org) and I will add a note to your donation that you would like a set of postcards. Thanks again for your donation!
    -Josh

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    is it still true that these will not be mailed out to anyone until AFTER those attending Power Con get theirs?
    Correct
    I am going to the con, and i am definitely getting one of these... i just wasn't sure if i should: wait to buy it at the con; reserve it now and pick it up at the con; or reserve it and have it mailed. (that is, if it would arrive before the con... i want to have it there!)
    Your choice. No catalogs will be mailed before Power-Con, but we'll have plenty there.
    if i were to pick it up at the con... will it be possible to hook up with you to receive it friday night?
    Hard to say, we'll be busy setting up for the convention. Are you staying in the Convention's hotel?
    also, regarding the mention of possibly mailing out the postcards with the book... would it be possible to bring enough of these to include with the book for anyone interested who's picking theirs up at the con?
    As said, it depends on how may there are left, but if they are, you'll be welcomed to pick them up with the book
    lastly, what will we need to bring as proof of reservation to get our copy at the con?
    We have a list with the name, if you want to be 100% sure, bring a copy of the confirmation email from Paypal.
    Last edited by PowerAndHonor; August 26, 2011 at 03:45pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Will there be anymore preview-updates before Power-Con of the book?

Maybe showcase the back-cover?

We will have 3 posters on display at the German Grayskull Convention. They feature 4 brand new images we haven't previewed anywhere else!

http://grayskull-con.blog.de/

That is a good idea Jukka. We may preview that back cover at some point.

We also have a few big announcements to make in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

-Josh

Correct

Your choice. No catalogs will be mailed before Power-Con, but we'll have plenty there.

Hard to say, we'll be busy setting up for the convention. Are you staying in the Convention's hotel?

As said, it depends on how may there are left, but if they are, you'll be welcomed to pick them up with the book
    We have a list with the name, if you want to be 100% sure, bring a copy of the confirmation email from Paypal.
    cool. thanks very much for all the answers. i believe i will reserve one ahead of time and simply meet with you to pick it up at the con. and yes, i am staying at the four points sheraton...perhaps you could bring some books (and any remaining available postcards) to the hotel bar friday night where it is my understanding many org member con-goers are planning to gather???

update!: ok, i just sent the payment to reserve my copy! can't wait to get this! see you at the Con!
    (*still hoping we can arrange to meet friday night for me (and others?) to get it friday night before the Con, along with any leftover available postcards you may have then.)
    thanks again.
    Last edited by kevin; August 31, 2011 at 07:56pm. Reason: update

And then we can be thankful to Eamon for another small "preview" of how the book looks.

Or we can send Eamon envy-mail about him getting a copy in advance because he helped with the cover of the book and did a beautiful job.

Actually the size of the book looks quite impressive.

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks so awesome, Eamon. This is what the Art Book should have been.

Thanks again Eamon for your awesome cover. I can't wait to hold the finished catalog! I told my wife when the advance copy gets here, it's mine; she has to wait until Power-Con.
    Last edited by Josh Van Pelt; September 2, 2011 at 10:10am.

We also have a few big announcements to make in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

-Josh
    Hopefully the announcements are related to new volumes. I already can't wait for the next installment to be revealed and I don't even have this one in hand yet. I love this stuff!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    You guys are gonna freak when you see this book. It's a total masterpiece. Skeletor got hold of my advance copy and won't give it back! I'm honored to have helped with this in some small way.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Does it come with Skeletor and a lunchbox?!?!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Does it come with Skeletor and a lunchbox?!?!

The lunch box is filled with doomberry pie and spoo for when Skeletor gets hungry after spending hours looking at the book.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Hopefully the announcements are related to new volumes.
    Unfortunately not yet, but we have totally started talks about next Catalogs.
    All the contributors works on the archiving job in their free time and just scanning thousands and thousands of pages takes a tremendous amount of time. We probably won't have more than one catalog each year, but we're sure they will be worth the wait!

BTW, we've been able to show a copy of the catalog at Grayskull Convention in Germany and the response has been really really good!

This book looks amazing. I can't wait to purchase this at the Power-Con. You guys have put a lot of work into this.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    This book looks amazing. I can't wait to purchase this at the Power-Con. You guys have put a lot of work into this.
    I second this. I can't wait either. I'm glad these great artists can have their work copyrighted rather than just posting their stuff online where stuff gets stolen and regurgitated all the time. GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Will there be anymore preview-updates before Power-Con of the book?

Maybe showcase the back-cover?

Here my pic of the back cover. I have had my catalog for a week now and must have picked it up 100 times! I am so glad we were able to get a copy out to the Grayskull Convention. Thank you all for the positive responses. I can't wait for people to check it out at Power-Con!
    -Josh

That looks awesome!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Woah, that's neat! I like that picture of Skeletor. It looks like he's transforming into Skeletor on an evil Castle Grayskull. That monster guy to the far right is pretty cool! It looks like the kinds of monsters you would see on 50's B movie posters! My mind is blown at the colouring used on Brain Man! In all the years I've seen his colourless picture...I would never have imagined those colours!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Bang your head!!!
    I am sooooooo pumped for this just 2 more weeks!!!...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I just peed my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    My mind is blown at the colouring used on Brain Man! In all the years I've seen his colourless picture...I would never have imagined those colours!
    Looks like he's got the detachable Horde insignia/creature too, which wasn't noticeable in the b&w Tomarts pic. I would love to get him in MOTUC.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    How about a sneak peek at what's inside?

Special thanks to The Power and The Honor Foundation to this advance copy so I could offer this sneak peek!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Guys, this is the best thing... EVER.

Seriously, I am just amazed by this. The love and attention that went into this... as a graphic designer I also admire how beautifully put together it is too.

This is the kind of stuff I LOVE. This is everything I wanted the art book to be. I actually stopped watching PD's video half way through so I didn't spoil myself too much.

Just so impressed by the work and care that went into this and I hope we get many more volumes to come. Now I'm even MORE sad I can't make it to Powercon... the wait for this book is going to be killer.