Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power and The Honor Foundation - Original MOTU Art Preservation

Thanks for showing us a detailed look Dan. Looks like there's a lot of good stuff in there but I really can't afford to buy a copy right now.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Great review PixelDan, the catalogue looks amazing!
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

I already put my donation time ago but after seeing this preview I can say I'll buy everything they'll give us.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrò pur campare...

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Are you sure? The impression I got from Scott is that they just need proof that it was created at Mattel. Anything created by employees working for Mattel automatically becomes Mattel's property. So I think just showing them that this art and these concepts exist is enough for Mattel to use it.

Now, I may not be correct, so please don't hold what I say as absolute. But that is my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That was my understanding as well, they need to know they owned it and what it looked like. So pretty much Scott could buy a copy of the book (or have one donated to Mattel) and use whatever is inside since most of the creations were created by employees during their time with Mattel. Just like Demo-Man, Gygor, Vikor, etc.
    All I know, is that I recall one episode of Roast Gooble where Scott said something about it being more difficult to make characters that they don't have in their records. (Vikor and Demo-Man they do have in their files, so those characters pose no issues)

He was saying how he had no doubt that Ted Mayer created the Horde Mummy and Witch, but that since the magazine was the only place they appeared and Tomart's wasn't willing to "give it to them" (presumably original documents?) there would be issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Best. Gif. Ever. Jim ...

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Thanks for the video, Dan! You convinced me how kewl the book is, mine is pre-ordered!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Thanks for the insight Dan. Can't wait to pick this up at Power-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    All I know, is that I recall one episode of Roast Gooble where Scott said something about it being more difficult to make characters that they don't have in their records. (Vikor and Demo-Man they do have in their files, so those characters pose no issues)

He was saying how he had no doubt that Ted Mayer created the Horde Mummy and Witch, but that since the magazine was the only place they appeared and Tomart's wasn't willing to "give it to them" (presumably original documents?) there would be issues.
    That may be the case but in order to be in this book it means someone other than Tomarts now owns said documents does it not?

And with that Scott could have access to them easier than before.

Plus keep in mind Scott is not going to devulge legalities of future and/or upcoming figures. Legal issues can change in minutes just like how Filmation went from 2 years of NO to immediately YES.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Well, watched the video last night, now... must... buy... book!!!

Just watched the first few minutes, but it solidified my resolve...just reserved. I love stuff like this, and it's amazing to see what could have been and what may yet be brought to MOTUC. Hope I get to grab it at PowerCon, but otherwise looking forward to it!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    when are these shipping again? I can't wait to inspect those pics real close!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    when are these shipping again? I can't wait to inspect those pics real close!
    I believe they've said they'll start shipping sometime after Power-Con. I'm not watching the video as to not spoil anything, and I am SO glad I get to pick mine up there!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Had a hard time watching the video, but saw enough that I'm thrilled that I got one ordered!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Heroic Warrior
    Just got mine ordered.

Don't know why it took so long but I finally got it ordered. Maybe it was the price. But after a while I couldn't say no. no matter what the price is.

Great preview Dan, it's really got me excited for the catalogue.

I just wanted to ask people on the .org - have any international fans ordered this and if so, do you think it will incur VAT/Customs fees - as this will probably add $24 to the price.

If it weren't to attract VAT/fees, as it is a donation to a NPO rather than a purchase, I would be more than happy to bump up my donation.

I understand that these haven't shipped yet but if people could let me know it would be much appreciated!

Enjoy

If this is a gift for donating as said on the site, do remember the customs regulations are different, depending on your country.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Great preview Dan, it's really got me excited for the catalogue.

I just wanted to ask people on the .org - have any international fans ordered this and if so, do you think it will incur VAT/Customs fees - as this will probably add $24 to the price.

If it weren't to attract VAT/fees, as it is a donation to a NPO rather than a purchase, I would be more than happy to bump up my donation.

I understand that these haven't shipped yet but if people could let me know it would be much appreciated!

Enjoy
    Although the details are not completely finalized, here are the shipping plans for donors outside of the US.

For Donors outside the US:

Single catalogs will be mailed US Postal Service 1st class. If the donation was for 2 or more catalogs , they will be mailed US Postal Service Priority Mail since they are over the weight limit for 1st class.

Since the catalogs are gifts to our supporters, they will be mailed as a gift. Some countries do not allow gifts from associations or organizations but this is up to your country.

The declared value of the gift will be $20.

Thanks again for your support,
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    Although the details are not completely finalized, here are the shipping plans for donors outside of the US.

For Donors outside the US:

Single catalogs will be mailed US Postal Service 1st class. If the donation was for 2 or more catalogs , they will be mailed US Postal Service Priority Mail since they are over the weight limit for 1st class.

Since the catalogs are gifts to our supporters, they will be mailed as a gift. Some countries do not allow gifts from associations or organizations but this is up to your country.

The declared value of the gift will be $20.

Thanks again for your support,
    Josh

That's great - thanks for the clarification.

The Power and The Honor Foundation Announces Two Members of the Board of Directors

August 23, 2011 Press Release:

The Power and The Honor Foundation today announced its first President and Vice President of the Board of Directors.

Emiliano Santalucia has been named President of the Board of Directors. Mr. Santalucia was the primary artist for the entire run of the He-Man comic book series by MVCreations. He has also provided art and design for various official He-Man and She-Ra DVD releases and the Four Horsemen’s He-Man line from NECA Toys. As president, Mr. Santalucia’s responsibilities include: ensuring that the Board conducts business effectively and efficiently, makes certain that board members are aware of and fulfill their governance responsibilities and are accountable for their performance, and facilitating the Boards compliance with applicable laws and bylaws. His leadership will help the Foundation fulfill its mission of archiving, preserving, and sharing the history and artwork of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The 2-year term runs from August 1, 2011 until July 31, 2013.

James Eatock
    has been named Vice President of the Board of Directors. James “Busta Toons” Eatock worked on various official DVD releases of He-Man and She-Ra by providing information and commentary. He currently publishes cereal:geek magazine and is the author of the The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and the upcoming unofficial cartoon guide to She-Ra, Princess of Power. As vice president, Mr. Eatock will preside in the absence of the president, work with other officers and committee members, serve as ex-officio member of all committees, and carry out such duties and assignments as may be delegated by the president. His expertise will greatly strengthen the ability of the Foundation to archive and share the history and artwork of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The 2-year term runs from August 1, 2011 until July 31, 2013.

The Power and The Honor Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, archiving, preserving, and educating the public about the creative origins of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The first catalog from the Foundation, The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog Volume One: The Art of Masters of the Universe Toy Design, will be available at the end of September.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    August 23, 2011 Press Release:

The Power and The Honor Foundation today announced its first President and Vice President of the Board of Directors.

Emiliano Santalucia has been named President of the Board of Directors. Mr. Santalucia was the primary artist for the entire run of the He-Man comic book series by MVCreations. He has also provided art and design for various official He-Man and She-Ra DVD releases and the Four Horsemen’s He-Man line from NECA Toys. As president, Mr. Santalucia’s responsibilities include: ensuring that the Board conducts business effectively and efficiently, makes certain that board members are aware of and fulfill their governance responsibilities and are accountable for their performance, and facilitating the Boards compliance with applicable laws and bylaws. His leadership will help the Foundation fulfill its mission of archiving, preserving, and sharing the history and artwork of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The 2-year term runs from August 1, 2011 until July 31, 2013.

James Eatock
    has been named Vice President of the Board of Directors. James “Busta Toons” Eatock worked on various official DVD releases of He-Man and She-Ra by providing information and commentary. He currently publishes cereal:geek magazine and is the author of the The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and the upcoming unofficial cartoon guide to She-Ra, Princess of Power. As vice president, Mr. Eatock will preside in the absence of the president, work with other officers and committee members, serve as ex-officio member of all committees, and carry out such duties and assignments as may be delegated by the president. His expertise will greatly strengthen the ability of the Foundation to archive and share the history and artwork of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The 2-year term runs from August 1, 2011 until July 31, 2013.

The Power and The Honor Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, archiving, preserving, and educating the public about the creative origins of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The first catalog from the Foundation, The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog Volume One: The Art of Masters of the Universe Toy Design, will be available at the end of September.

Congrats Gents.

Congratulations Mr. Eatock & Mr. Santalucia. I don't think The Power And The Honor Foundation could have found 2 better guys based on both your talent & obvious love of the franchise.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Great video review, Dan! Got me pumped UP. Can't wait to pick this up at the Con.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Josh gave me my copy early! You guys are in for a treat this weekend

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I just ordered my copy!! MotU is what got me into art as a little kid…I'm REALLY looking forward to this book!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Congratulation, Emiliano Santalucia and James Eatock !
    The P&H Foundation could not be in better hands...

Congrats to both James and Emiliano!