Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power and The Honor Foundation - Original MOTU Art Preservation

This book is freaking amazing. I have my copy and it makes mattel's art book look like a junior high art project.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Congrats to Emil and James!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I even overheard ToyGuru admitting that it puts their book to shame. Thanks for all the hard work from all of you! It's better than I could have hoped for!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    just wanted to say this book is fantastic . Everyone should get a copy

Cannot wait until my copy arrives ... anyone know if they started mailing them already?

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    August 23, 2011 Press Release:

The Power and The Honor Foundation today announced its first President and Vice President of the Board of Directors.

Emiliano Santalucia has been named President of the Board of Directors. Mr. Santalucia was the primary artist for the entire run of the He-Man comic book series by MVCreations. He has also provided art and design for various official He-Man and She-Ra DVD releases and the Four Horsemen’s He-Man line from NECA Toys. As president, Mr. Santalucia’s responsibilities include: ensuring that the Board conducts business effectively and efficiently, makes certain that board members are aware of and fulfill their governance responsibilities and are accountable for their performance, and facilitating the Boards compliance with applicable laws and bylaws. His leadership will help the Foundation fulfill its mission of archiving, preserving, and sharing the history and artwork of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The 2-year term runs from August 1, 2011 until July 31, 2013.

James Eatock
    has been named Vice President of the Board of Directors. James “Busta Toons” Eatock worked on various official DVD releases of He-Man and She-Ra by providing information and commentary. He currently publishes cereal:geek magazine and is the author of the The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and the upcoming unofficial cartoon guide to She-Ra, Princess of Power. As vice president, Mr. Eatock will preside in the absence of the president, work with other officers and committee members, serve as ex-officio member of all committees, and carry out such duties and assignments as may be delegated by the president. His expertise will greatly strengthen the ability of the Foundation to archive and share the history and artwork of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The 2-year term runs from August 1, 2011 until July 31, 2013.

The Power and The Honor Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, archiving, preserving, and educating the public about the creative origins of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. The first catalog from the Foundation, The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog Volume One: The Art of Masters of the Universe Toy Design, will be available at the end of September.
    Congrats guys. Perfect choices.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Ive ordered one as I knew I had to have it and being in the UK I had no other way of getting this awesome book at conventions abroard..Anyone know when they start delivering the UK orders?

bit the bullet and ordered mine, the money is tight but I had to have this sigh.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    bit the bullet and ordered mine, the money is tight but I had to have this sigh.
    It's totally worth it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is amazing. It is now my bedside table book I read before bed. For some reason I am getting less sleep since I brought it home
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

So many Toys I want made into classics with the ideas that were scrapped. Especially Fire Power Man, Engine Man, Negatonik, Positron, and Dragon Lord.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Got the book. OMG, let me just say... if you are a vintage fan, N/A fan... doesn't matter! Heck, just a MOTU fan in general... you've GOT to get this!! I sat on the flight home and read the first 60 pages, and looked over the artwork and documents... This book is so well put together! So much information, so much nostalgia. It was just amazing. Totally blown away! If you don't have it, you've GOT to own a copy.

Those guys deserve an award or something... I'm not kidding.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

i got a notice on my mailbox ... could it be .... this book ? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i got a notice on my mailbox ... could it be .... this book ? <3
    You will first get an e-mail confirmation when your copy has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    You will first get an e-mail confirmation when your copy has been shipped.

You just shuttered his happiness..

It was a gygor not too bad

Heroic Warrior SkeletorsMistress's Avatar
    Bought two copies of the book and dont regert it a bit. The presentation is amazing. The images are unbelieveable. Josh and his group did an outstanding job putting this book together and I can't wait for volume 2.

That book has kept me busy for most of my flight back (over 5 hrs) and I couldn't get enough of it. Lots of info and cool images. I realize it took a lot of work to collect all that, but can't help asking for more!

Also, hope to see more NA and of course POP in following volumes. Speaking of which, people who complain about NA should examine what other plans Mattel had for the relaunch back then. It will make you grateful that we got NA instead of those!

Seriously I can't wait!
    Back in 2008 (wow, time flies!!) I started a thread about the possibilities of a book like this ever being published. Now it's here!! Have not yet seen it as I did not make it to PowerCon, but I can't wait to see it arriving in my mailbox! Heard nothing but enthousiastic people about this. Should be awesome

Yep, this book has been a dream of mine for so long... and now it's come true. And it's Volume 1! May there be many more volumes to come...

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I can't wait to get my volume! I'm so excited. It sounds like there is no POP in there. That makes me a little sad but here's to volume 2!

I definitely want this book, but have to wait a little bit before I can make the donation to get it. Is there a limited quantity of this book, or can it be expected to be available for a while? You know we are all in "Matty" mode with any MOTU stuff these days and are afraid it will be sold out in 10 minutes lol.

Just got back from the amazing Power-Con! I had a great time and it was wonderful to meet all of you.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and please know that much of the credit goes to Emiliano and James for their dedication to this project.

I am excited that so many people are enjoying their catalogs and we certainly hope to have future volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I definitely want this book, but have to wait a little bit before I can make the donation to get it. Is there a limited quantity of this book, or can it be expected to be available for a while? You know we are all in "Matty" mode with any MOTU stuff these days and are afraid it will be sold out in 10 minutes lol.
    The catalogs are still available and we will let everyone know when our supply is getting low.

The shipment of catalogs was split so that some catalogs went directly to Los Angeles to be there in time for Power-Con. The other catalogs are en route and will be processed by our shipper as soon as they receive them. We do not have an exact date yet but it should be in the next few weeks. You will receive and e-mail confirmation when the catalog is shipped. I do have a few of the Power-Con catalogs in New Jersey that can be picked up in person at the Garden State Comic Con on October 8 & 9.
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Also, hope to see more NA and of course POP in following volumes. Speaking of which, people who complain about NA should examine what other plans Mattel had for the relaunch back then. It will make you grateful that we got NA instead of those!
    I just posted something similar on Facebook

After reading where Mattel originally wanted to go before NA I think most people will at least agree that NA was a MUCH better choice given the 2 options!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I just posted something similar on Facebook

After reading where Mattel originally wanted to go before NA I think most people will at least agree that NA was a MUCH better choice given the 2 options!
    Nobody likes H.E.M.A.N.? I actually would love to talk with anyone at Mattel who pitched this concept at NY Toy Fair and see how serious they really were or if this was just a quick concept idea.