Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power and The Honor Foundation - Original MOTU Art Preservation

Court Magician
    any chance to find a copy somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by jay20 View Post
    any chance to find a copy somewhere?
    They are now out of print.

You may want to try the Marketplace though. Maybe you'll get lucky.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Yes, definitely find one if you can. It would be awesome if Mattel would also work with PAH to support their efforts and help produce even greater catalogs. These catalogs are something to have in your hands and enjoy for countless hours.

Hopefully Volume 2 is not too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hopefully Volume 2 is not too far off.
    ...I just want to SEE this book eventually.
    Last edited by Replikor; April 18, 2012 at 08:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    They are now out of print.

You may want to try the Marketplace though. Maybe you'll get lucky.
    There was one at the last toy show I attended - I think they wanted $200 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    There was one at the last toy show I attended - I think they wanted $200 for it.
    $200 - I wish I'd ask for more than one comp copy!

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    $200 - I wish I'd ask for more than one comp copy!
    The PAHF are really cool and gave the Org some comps last September that we'll do something with soon. But for me, I have 1 copy and it's in my bathroom as a regular reading fixture!

I mean, come on, how is that catalog not perfect reading material for when you are in your own private time of contemplation? I've had several people visiting who had to make a pit stop, who came out afterwards wanting to know more about MOTU!

Maybe we should do a strategic placement of PAHF vol 1 catalogs in office bathrooms across the world.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The PAHF are really cool and gave the Org some comps last September that we'll do something with soon. But for me, I have 1 copy and it's in my bathroom as a regular reading fixture!

I mean, come on, how is that catalog not perfect reading material for when you are in your own private time of contemplation? I've had several people visiting who had to make a pit stop, who came out afterwards wanting to know more about MOTU!

Maybe we should do a strategic placement of PAHF vol 1 catalogs in office bathrooms across the world.
    Maybe, just maybe, PAHF can do the 2nd printing on toilet paper... people can rip it, read it, and flush it. I've seen this with comics!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I, too, missed the book because of short funds around Christmastime and would very much want and buy a 2nd printing.

Thank you!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I was actually going to order another one for an "reading" copy and keep another for an "archive" copy but didn't get around to it in time! But I might have felt bad anyway as some didn't even get one.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, PAHF can do the 2nd printing on toilet paper... people can rip it, read it, and flush it. I've seen this with comics!
    Yes, I remember well using the billions of unwanted Valiant comics from the 90's for bathroom fodder.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I missed out on the first printing, but if they get a second, I'll get in on it.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I bought one of these today on ebay for $100 + shipping. From what I've heard about it, it should be worth it. That's what I get for not really paying attention back when it came out.

If they do a volume 2, I'll get that directly from the foundation.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I bought one of these today on ebay for $100 + shipping. From what I've heard about it, it should be worth it. That's what I get for not really paying attention back when it came out.

If they do a volume 2, I'll get that directly from the foundation.
    Curses...I saw that one on there the other night, but didn't have the ability to bid from where I was. By the time I got somewhere, I'd forgotten about it.

Also, congrats and enjoy.

I'm glad I got one when I did pay more than $50 for this I wouldn't not...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Curses...I saw that one on there the other night, but didn't have the ability to bid from where I was. By the time I got somewhere, I'd forgotten about it.

Also, congrats and enjoy.
    There are still some available now from the same seller. He had 6 total to begin with, the other 5 still seem to be available as of right now. Just do a search on ebay for "power honor catalog" and the listing will come up. They are all buy it now at the same price that I paid.

Also, do not include the word "and" in your search. The seller listed it as "Power & Honor" in the listing, so if you include the word "and", it doesn't come up... at least it didn't for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I'm glad I got one when I did pay more than $50 for this I wouldn't not...
    If I am not mistaken, wasn't a donation of $55 or more required from the foundation to get the catalog? If so, then you would have had to pay more than $50 to get it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Any news will there be volume 2 this year?

"No plans for a Vol.2 at this time"
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Well, this really sucks...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

They need to at least reprint the 1st one then.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    They need to at least reprint the 1st one then.
    Yeah I missed out and would love to get a reprint, even if it was a cheaper paperback edition.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    A paperback edition would be great.The hardcover copy is one of my favorite additions to my collection. I need a volume 2!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The Power and The Honor Foundation is officially a non-profit 501(c)(3) public charity organization and donations and contributions are now tax-deductible.

The IRS has applied our 501(c)(3) status retroactively to our original filing date last year, so it is effective as of May 26, 2011. The IRS allows you to refile or amend your taxes for the last two years if needed. We have kept detailed records, and if you made a donation after our official filing date, you are welcome to contact us for a copy of a tax-deductible donation receipt.
    501(c)3 public charity status is something we have been working towards for the past year. The formation of the Foundation, the drafting of bylaws, and the submitting, clarifying, and resubmitting of paperwork has been a long and intricate process; one which we hope will help us to better serve the fans of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power.

Our mission remains the same: To collect, archive, preserve, and educate the public about the creative origins of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. Attaining tax-exempt status is critical to our mission and to our development into a sustainable organization.
    Our continued operation relies heavily upon contributions made by other fans. You can help by being involved with the Foundation, by telling us what you'd like to see us improve, by attending events where we get to share artwork with the public, and by contributing to The Power and The Honor Foundation, either by donating toys and artwork or through cash donations- which are now all tax deductible!

Please consider making a contribution today to help preserve the art and history of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power.

In the coming weeks, we will begin working on a many new projects that will require volunteers. We will begin building databases, creating archives, and organizing photographs. If you would like to be considered for one of our volunteer roles please contact us at info@powerandhonor.org.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. I stumbled upon this entry on Charles Zembillas' blog.

First drawing of She-Ra Princess of Power

A few days ago on January 11 my blog entry was an early concept drawing I created from the development of the original He-Man animated TV series in the early 1980s. I was also on the development team for the follow up series "She-Ra Princess of Power" in 1984. I have a lot of artwork from She-Ra that's never been seen before.

Both of the franchises have a big worldwide following and there's an organization dedicated to preserving the history of the shows called the The Power and the Honor Foundation. Few people realize this but Filmation Studios which was the production company that created the cartoons would routinely discard the original artwork that was created by their artists once it served its purpose. I made it a point to save as much of what I did as possible. Thus the collection I have today preserving at least my creative contributions to what was happening at Filmation in the 1980s.

The Power and the Honor Foundation has been collecting art from that time as well. They surprised me last year in 2012 when they sent a copy of this drawing to me that I forgot I did. It's the very first drawing of She-Ra from when we were developing the series in 1984. You can see how worn it is along the edges from years of handling. I thought it would be fun to feature it here and share it. I'll be following up with more art from She-Ra in days ahead.

There's a swear word on the art for his January 11 entry on MOTU, so that's why I'm not posting a link to his blog. Should be easily found though.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."