Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Else Army Building Figures Other Than The Actual Army Builders?

Heroic Warrior

Anybody Else Army Building Figures Other Than The Actual Army Builders?

I was just wondering if anyone else bought multiples of characters other than Horde Troopers, Palace Guards, and Snakemen.

In my personal canonTM I have more evil factions than the main three, and I have assigned small army builders to each of them.

I've got Evil-Lyn (BG) as the ruler of a shadowy, frozen city to the north, and I have four Icers that constitute her henchmen.

Faker also struck out on his own and he is backed up by a bunch of Cy-Chops (a much maligned figure that I absolutely love). I might also add 3 or 4 Blast Attacks when he is released.

And finally, Draego-Man has his own faction that includes Jitsu and Geldor as his lieutenants, and will include a small army of 4 Goat Men once he shows up.

Anyone else?

That is a awesome idea. Really like the idea of evil-lyn and icers

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    That is a awesome idea. Really like the idea of evil-lyn and icers
    Thanks. I have been intending to post some pics and, perhaps, write some bios--maybe tomorrow if the wife and kids go on a play date.

I think of Evil-Lyn as a sorceress whose power is nearly on par with Skeletor, and her magic focuses on cold and death.

As such, she also has a smaller army of Scareglows that go with her Icers.

I was never satisfied with the character Scareglow, but the figure is so massively awesome that I knew I needed to keep him.

So I made him a "them" by using Scareglow as an undead minion for Evil-Lyn. Then I added some extras cause the only thing that looks cooler than Scareglow is more Scareglow.

I have a similar situation. I put Count Marzo in charge of a faction (Filmation characters). I included Shakoti, Icer, Fangman, Nepthu, Batros, and Strong-Arm when he arrives. I may put Plundor in there, I haven't decided yet. He and his group are allies with Skeletor, and he calls upon them when he needs extra help.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    I have a similar situation. I put Count Marzo in charge of a faction (Filmation characters). I included Shakoti, Icer, Fangman, Nepthu, Batros, and Strong-Arm when he arrives. I may put Plundor in there, I haven't decided yet. He and his group are allies with Skeletor, and he calls upon them when he needs extra help.
    Now you just need to add an army-builder. If you wait a couple of months, I bet you could amass an army of Nepthus for $5 a piece.

By the way, thanks again for adding to the ranks of my undead brigade.

Nice ideas. I'm digging Evil-Lyn as a ruler. Has she broken away from Skeletor, or have you done away with that entirely? I ask for very specific reasons.

While I haven't done so yet, I will be army building for the Horde. I got one, and didn't care for his "look" when he was with the rest of the Horde. Not too sure how I'm going to pull it off though, I'll probably need to custom some from a single figure and multiply him.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    Nice ideas. I'm digging Evil-Lyn as a ruler. Has she broken away from Skeletor, or have you done away with that entirely? I ask for very specific reasons.

While I haven't done so yet, I will be army building for the Horde. I got one, and didn't care for his "look" when he was with the rest of the Horde. Not too sure how I'm going to pull it off though, I'll probably need to custom some from a single figure and multiply him.
    I keep vacillating between retaining the whole "Keldor marries Evil-Lyn and then they divorce" angle or going with Evil-Lyn is Skeletor's daughter. I'm leaning towards the latter, but first I need to figure out who the mother would be.

Which figure did you try out as a Horde army-builder? And are you thinking of trying someone different?

I was never overly fond of the Horde Troopers, and had thought about replacing them with a different army-builder. But my kid got one look at the "cool robots" and that was that.

I had already bought three extra Webstors to potentially take their place. With Hordak's armor and a Horde armband they looked pretty good--sort of a spider-demon army.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    I keep vacillating between retaining the whole "Keldor marries Evil-Lyn and then they divorce" angle or going with Evil-Lyn is Skeletor's daughter. I'm leaning towards the latter, but first I need to figure out who the mother would be.

Which figure did you try out as a Horde army-builder? And are you thinking of trying someone different?

I was never overly fond of the Horde Troopers, and had thought about replacing them with a different army-builder. But my kid got one look at the "cool robots" and that was that.

I had already bought three extra Webstors to potentially take their place. With Hordak's armor and a Horde armband they looked pretty good--sort of a spider-demon army.
    I'm not entirely sure yet. They will be wearing the Hordak armor, and I'm leaning toward a Stratos body, arms & thighs. I haven't gotten to the boots or head yet. I'd like to do a similar look that was used for the MYP cartoon. I'm still looking for options. I asked about Evil-Lyn because Ihave a fanfic going and she's in it with a similar take that you have going on. Minus the Ice Queen angle.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

I army build with Faker. Check out my thread in the Customs section.

I also have an idea for Horde Elites based off of Horde Prime, but I just haven't gotten the extra HPs to try out yet.

I have 3-4 Moss-Men that I got from Big Lots. I will do something with them eventually. Maybe, like Swamp Thing, MM can inhabit more than one body simultaneously?

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    Ahaaah, my same idea! Also Shadowbeasts are with him in My Canon.
    I also wanted to make Keldor the boss of 200x evil characters but so far he only has BG Evil-Lyn, Kronis and Whiplash.
    I will army build Goat-men when he arrives and use them to bolster one of these lacking factions.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I army build with Faker.
    That's cool. I don't do it myself, but I like the idea of Skeletor having an army of Faker robots.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    I'm not entirely sure yet. They will be wearing the Hordak armor, and I'm leaning toward a Stratos body, arms & thighs. I haven't gotten to the boots or head yet. I'd like to do a similar look that was used for the MYP cartoon. I'm still looking for options. I asked about Evil-Lyn because Ihave a fanfic going and she's in it with a similar take that you have going on. Minus the Ice Queen angle.
    Yeah, I considered the Stratos base, too. Great minds must think alike and all that jazz.

The gray looks good as a Horde trooper. I had the Hordak armor on an extra Stratos and it does look perfect. I was going to use Hordak's feet or Grizzlor's--whichever I could get cheaper.

The head was the big question, though. I tried a bunch of different heads but the one I ended up liking the most was the Faceless One's. You should give that a shot and see if you like it. It also appealed to me because the Faceless One doesn't exist in my canon.

I also have an idea for Horde Elites based off of Horde Prime, but I just haven't gotten the extra HPs to try out yet.
    Now that's different. Army building Faker. I like the Faker / Ditz combo. Maybe Faker has had it getting kicked around by Skeletor and builds an army of Fakers of the Masters.
    Faker-At-Arms, Man-E-Faker? Hmmmm....
    Marquis de Sade
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

Heroic Warrior

Yeah, I can't quite figure out how to incorporate Horde Prime into my canon. To me, he's like Scareglow--awesome figure but I don't like him as Hordak's superior. Hordak has no superior. So he's either an older Hordak after pursuing even more heinous magic, or Battle-Armor Hordak, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I have 3-4 Moss-Men that I got from Big Lots. I will do something with them eventually. Maybe, like Swamp Thing, MM can inhabit more than one body simultaneously?
    That's a great idea. Makes Moss Man a one man (plant?) army.

I don't usually go outside of established cannon (although I know MOTU is a little more fluid than other properties, I primarily group my figures by Classics and MYP cannon) but I have been thinking about creating a sub faction of evil warriors, still loyal to Skeletor, lead by Jitsu and consisting of Dreago-Man and the upcoming 4-H Phoenix figure...not really army building, but I'm not really much of an army builder. This can also fit into the Cannon because Jitsu becomes the leader when Skeletor goes into space. This just puts him in a better position for the promotion.

See I have Faceless One in my canon, but when I pick one up, I hope to put a modified Spector head on him. A little more "faceless" for my taste. So I could get away with his original head for my Horde Soldier. And for me, HP doesn't even exist. One of my few complaints about the Filmation cartoon.
    Marquis de Sade
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

Griffins and Shadow Beasts. Does that count? Currently I have 2 of each. I would like to have 4 of each in time.
    Btw. I would appreciate an MYP cartoon Shadow Beast head. Would be nice to have a bit of variety.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    quite a few actually:
    I have 5 fakers: 2 Regular, Lord (cape) Battle Armour, Battle Damage 1 and 2 (these are a combo of 1 actual MOTUC faker, 1 vintage 80's faker. for damage and 1 teminator endoskelton)
    3 shadow beasts led by Count Marzo
    3 Icers, just a race of evil Ice people
    5 Cosmic Enforcers: Zodac (beast feet) Zodac (boots/gloves) Zodak masked, Zodak unmasked, Count Marzo base with Wundar armour, Strobo, Zulu (Zodac with beast feet and a Strobo head) Zorba, 1 "butch" female (using Prince Adam body, pink armour, and a BG Teela head with 80's Zodac head as a removable helmet) and a "casual" Zodac using his body and Mo-Larrs head and a cape, who I use as Karuk-nul.
    5 MerPeople: 3 green MerMen, 1 blue and Octavia
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well the first figure I did this with was Mer-Man. The one with the MYP head was my actual Squiddish Rex, I got two more with the vintage head to be his shock troops.

I considered using Faker and Kronis as Gar troops for Skeletor. In my canon, after he was trained by Hordak, Skeletor went back to the Gar tribes and subjugated them into his thralls as part of his vengeance. They follow him out of fear of his might as well as his promise of reclaiming what "rightfully belong to the Gar."

I use Scareglow as the MOTUC version of the slime pit mutants. Using a combination of cybernetics and alchemy learned from Hordak, there are several of these pits generating them around Snake Mountain.

Moss Man I use as Beastmen who follow Raqaz. Beast-Man (Raqaz) was a chieftain among the Beast Men. In his quest to gain followers, Keldor challenged Beast Man and overpowered him with his sorcery. The whole clan is now Keldor's to command

I have Kobra Khan with his unhooded head as another generic Snakeman (he was just a lowly grunt according to the MYP canon)

If they make Tuvar and Baddhra, I will get more than one set to use as Dark Hemisphere recruits for Skeletor.

I have no problem giving Skeletor a massive army. It can demonstrate his ability to intimidate others into following him and suggests the sheer might of his power. Considering most of these guys are of an evil nature, Skeletor would have to overpower them to get them to submit. That to me just further shows how deadly Skeletor is if he can subjugate other evil creatures. Having a massive army truly makes him a threat to the rest of Eternia because he can project his power anywhere and in multiple locations. Okay, He-Man beats the core of Evil Warriors and they are his only opposition? Not really a threat to the whole world. Various commanders with troops at their disposal, yeah more threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Well the first figure I did this with was Mer-Man. The one with the MYP head was my actual Squiddish Rex, I got two more with the vintage head to be his shock troops.

I considered using Faker and Kronis as Gar troops for Skeletor. In my canon, after he was trained by Hordak, Skeletor went back to the Gar tribes and subjugated them into his thralls as part of his vengeance. They follow him out of fear of his might as well as his promise of reclaiming what "rightfully belong to the Gar."

I use Scareglow as the MOTUC version of the slime pit mutants. Using a combination of cybernetics and alchemy learned from Hordak, there are several of these pits generating them around Snake Mountain.

Moss Man I use as Beastmen who follow Raqaz. Beast-Man (Raqaz) was a chieftain among the Beast Men. In his quest to gain followers, Keldor challenged Beast Man and overpowered him with his sorcery. The whole clan is now Keldor's to command

I have Kobra Khan with his unhooded head as another generic Snakeman (he was just a lowly grunt according to the MYP canon)

If they make Tuvar and Baddhra, I will get more than one set to use as Dark Hemisphere recruits for Skeletor.

I have no problem giving Skeletor a massive army. It can demonstrate his ability to intimidate others into following him and suggests the sheer might of his power. Considering most of these guys are of an evil nature, Skeletor would have to overpower them to get them to submit. That to me just further shows how deadly Skeletor is if he can subjugate other evil creatures. Having a massive army truly makes him a threat to the rest of Eternia because he can project his power anywhere and in multiple locations. Okay, He-Man beats the core of Evil Warriors and they are his only opposition? Not really a threat to the whole world. Various commanders with troops at their disposal, yeah more threatening.
    Sound reasoning and a view I completely agree with. My canon has a bigger view of Eternia, Webstor doesn't run with Skeletor, but works for him on contract. There are several other villains who are independent of Skeletor and wreak havoc across Eternia. All of them kowtow to him when called upon. To the same effect, several of the Masters run together while others are the champions of their various tribes / people and have agendas of their own. For me it's truly a global conflict.
    Marquis de Sade
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

Modulok.

I want 1 with both heads & 6 matching legs & 4 matching arms. Then the rest are little funky spys, babies or lost parts that grew heads. 3 total Moduloks & I'll have a nice pile-o-freaks to do Hordak's bidding.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Only Faker, and not really on purpose! I got my first from when he came out, but his foot was a little loose and one of his arms too tight, so I bought a second 'cause he's one of my top favorites. I was going to use his body for parts, but once I got the Battle Armor Faker I realized I like having three Fakers around! I figure there's still an original, but there are also multiple lesser versions that aren't as powerful.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd love a chance to army-build red Beast-Man for Gygor. Also, it'd be great to have a few more TRU Mer-Man figures for the real Ocean Warlord. As it my "armies" stand now, I have 4 PGs, 4 SM Warriors, 2 Shadowbeasts, 1 Griffin, and 6 Horde Troopers.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    2 shadow beasts for Beastman, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd love a chance to army-build red Beast-Man for Gygor. Also, it'd be great to have a few more TRU Mer-Man figures for the real Ocean Warlord. As it my "armies" stand now, I have 4 PGs, 4 SM Warriors, 2 Shadowbeasts, 1 Griffin, and 6 Horde Troopers.
    If they come out with an alternate 200X head for Mer-Man in the head-pack, then he could have two guards. That would be cool (both TRU blue). 3 unique heads!