Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: re-issue Whiplash sold out - Any one get one with "the original"?

geez, i've been itching to get whiplash but almost decided to wait until later tonight to get him - at 6:01 i thought i'd go to the website to get him since i was already at my computer, lucky i did (in and out on the website in less than 45secs). *sad panda face* for everyone that didn't get him, that sucks.

Widget
    I placed my order as soon as they became available. I bought 2 Faceless One, 2 Battleground Teela, 2 Grizzlor & 2 Whiplash. My order completed and my invoice was printed at 12:06pm Eastern Time. I was very surprised to see that Whiplash had sold out at 12:08pm. I think it's a glitch. Like the time when I tried to order the Diorama Battle Stands and the system wouldn't allow me to bundle them with the monthly figure. I had to purchase them separately and receive 2 separate shipments. Digital River had emailed me to say they noticed the problem and would refund me the shipping amount for the second purchase but I never received any refund. They are certainly not on the ball with their customer service.

Yep...Glitch it is....Back in stock...

There was no possible way that it could of sold out that quick.

I wonder how many sales they just lost as people don't really feel like making another order.

Maybe they'll offer free shipping again and combine it like they did with the stands when that happened. Would be nice.

Heroic Warrior
    still showin as sold out for me

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    still showin as sold out for me

That's odd, it's been back up for about 15 min. or so on my end.

If there is anyone serious about really wanting to buy a Whiplash, then go to Amazon. You can pick him up cheaper there than you can on Matty with the insane shipping prices now.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Still showing Sold Out for me as well.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yup another two heads figure that is sold out really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I was thinking about that, if he were just left over stock, wouldn't he been sold in last months selection? Since they already had the stock and all.

He may be unexpectedly delayed, perhaps he got "whiplash" on the way over and isn't ready for sale yet
    Very true. Many people must have missed him the first time, I know I did. WSOD forced me to remove him right around the time he sold out the first time around. Fortunately I got him from another orger months ago and recently got another one for a custom on ebay for a good price.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Tough economic times forced me to sell most of my collection awhile back. Whiplash is one of the figures I need to re-buy. But luckily, he's one of the ones that already didn't go for much over Matty's price on the secondary market. Now, with a whole new run of him on the market, he should be easily obtainable.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

This is like the days of when figures would sell out in 10 minutes or less and there was a mad scramble. Thankfully most figures aren't as quick a sell as this these days.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Any news or statement so far, whether it was a mistake or really sold-out that quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Any news or statement so far, whether it was a mistake or really sold-out that quickly?
    Yea, they made a Facebook statement saying it's legitimately gone, but to the specifics behind it...that's another story.

Some thing's defiantly up with it though IMO...NO conspiracy, just common sense logic at work.

Whether it be leftover stock, portion of the shipment, SIGNIFICANTLY smaller production numbers, what have you...somethings up.

There's NO way *in the event that the same amount were produced as the other re-issues* that something like a re-issue She-Ra, Moss Man, Keldor, Adora and Evil Lyn in which SO MANY people missed out on the first go around could last for DAYS+ on the site while Whiplash lasted minutes...

Something changed.

I'd like to know from Matty how come he ran out faster than others reissues.
    Thankfully I have been able to get one just because I decided to order him before I get out....but I didn't get my shipping mail yet.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Anyone receive their Whiplash reissue figure yet? If so, does it have "The Original" burst on it? Please post pixs. If you want to sell it, let me know as I missed out on him.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Yea, they made a Facebook statement saying it's legitimately gone, but to the specifics behind it...that's another story.

Some thing's defiantly up with it though IMO...NO conspiracy, just common sense logic at work.

Whether it be leftover stock, portion of the shipment, SIGNIFICANTLY smaller production numbers, what have you...somethings up.

There's NO way *in the event that the same amount were produced as the other re-issues* that something like a re-issue She-Ra, Moss Man, Keldor, Adora and Evil Lyn in which SO MANY people missed out on the first go around could last for DAYS+ on the site while Whiplash lasted minutes...

Something changed.
    The strange thing about the whole thing that is if something had changed with the reissues as a whole then why has Grizzlor still lasted days, even though it was produced after Whiplash was. It doesn't make sense. Sure, maybe Whiplash was a better seller then Grizzlor, but minutes compared to days better? Better then reissue Evil-Lyn? That just doesn't make sense. And if it was just a left over stock sale, then why was it pushed back a month? Again, this doesn't make sense.

Only three things really make sense to me...either they made a lot less of Whiplash then they did Grizzlor for one reason or another, Or they only got a small part of their order and have decided to not tell us about it for some reason, Or they are holding back the Whilplash. And that last one sounds crazy even to me.
    Last edited by Fisto's Left Hand; June 21, 2011 at 01:21pm.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Anyone receive their Whiplash reissue figure yet? If so, does it have "The Original" burst on it? Please post pixs. If you want to sell it, let me know as I missed out on him.
    Just got mine in...NO STARBURST! Matty you managed to **** off some fans again. If I would have know difinitively that these were old stock, I would not have bought another figure. Any other members that have their "reissue" Whiplash, please post as to whether it has the "Original" logo or not. I am pretty sure this is old stock which explains the quick sellout.

Heroic Warrior
    mine didnt have a "the original" blurb on it either, so it must have been just old stock. still happy i got him

Quote Originally Posted by moovzoo View Post
    Just got mine in...NO STARBURST! Matty you managed to **** off some fans again. If I would have know difinitively that these were old stock, I would not have bought another figure. Any other members that have their "reissue" Whiplash, please post as to whether it has the "Original" logo or not. I am pretty sure this is old stock which explains the quick sellout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    mine didnt have a "the original" blurb on it either, so it must have been just old stock. still happy i got him

Wow...Something's fishy fishy fishy.......

I really think that Mattel was able to "cancel" their Whiplash reissue order and they only sold leftover customer service stock. The original delay in shipment was perhaps an actual delay in production, which allowed Mattel time to pull the plug on the reissue order all together. Makes sense...considering they are slowing down the reissue train.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I really think that Mattel was able to "cancel" their Whiplash reissue order and they only sold leftover customer service stock. The original delay in shipment was perhaps an actual delay in production, which allowed Mattel time to pull the plug on the reissue order all together. Makes sense...considering they are slowing down the reissue train.
    They could have at least warned us. All this seems like a **** YOU! HAHA! to fans.

Court Magician
    Is there any way an administrator can move the latter portion of this post concerning the "Original" starburst or the lack of, to a new thread so we can get an idea if any members got one that actually WAS a reissue? I would start said thread, but it would probably just get moved here. Maybe change the thread title? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moovzoo View Post
    Is there any way an administrator can move the latter portion of this post concerning the "Original" starburst or the lack of, to a new thread so we can get an idea if any members got one that actually WAS a reissue? I would start said thread, but it would probably just get moved here. Maybe change the thread title? Thanks.
    Yeah, I changed the title... hopefully that'll help.

But really, it didn't seem like a lot of people here got one,
    so you may not have a lot responses just based on that.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Yeah, I changed the title... hopefully that'll help.

But really, it didn't seem like a lot of people here got one,
    so you may not have a lot responses just based on that.
    Thanks for that. If we can at least get one person to confirm that they did get a Whiplash with the "Original" starburst logo....so far it does not look that way.

There is no way to tell if it is first issue or reissue. the "Original" starbursts can be on both releases.