Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: re-issue Whiplash sold out - Any one get one with "the original"?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal81 View Post
    There is no way to tell if it is first issue or reissue. the "Original" starbursts can be on both releases.
    Actually, I think the starburst can ONLY be on the reissues....However(according to Matty), the reissue sale may or may not have the starburst, as the reissues without the starburst are old stock. Anyone care to acknowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by moovzoo View Post
    Actually, I think the starburst can ONLY be on the reissues....Anyone care to acknowledge?
    Nah, he's right...
    It's only supposed to be on reissues, but they screw up all the time.

Plenty of people get first run figs with "the original" on them.
    I think if you search this forum for "original" in the thread title there's one or two threads devoted to it.

Plus I know the last several months even Pixel Dan's review samples have come with "the original" on them.
    Bill :: guitargod694

"It's only supposed to be on reissues"

Yes. Thanks guitargod694.

Court Magician
    OK, better understood now. Still would like to have gotten a Whiplash package with the starburst. Some people are anal like that....I'm one of them.

Heroic Warrior
    I got mine yesterday, also without the Starburst. I order every single re-issue and this is the first time I got one without the burst. I now have an extra Whiplash I do not want.

So Matty definitely lied to us, this was clearly only leftover stock from the first run. Basically $30 down the drain for me....

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Only reason I would have bought a re-issue Whiplash would have been been for the hopefully fixed peg holes in his feet. It looks like that is non existent.

so they didnt even bother with "pushing the button" at the factory...

maybe they didnt get a new "re-issue" run last month, decided to sell first sale leftovers the next. (remember, he was "delayed")

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with the above poster that they were probably able to cancel the re-issue production run in time due to lagging sales on the re-issues and just decided to sale the leftovers.
    Or there was never a planned re-issue to begin with, and it was just falsely advertised.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by keithfuchs View Post
    I agree with the above poster that they were probably able to cancel the re-issue production run in time due to lagging sales on the re-issues and just decided to sale the leftovers.
    Or there was never a planned re-issue to begin with, and it was just falsely advertised.
    Most definitely false advertisement...I distinctly remember reading in the description that this is a reissue and would have the "Original" starburst logo, however some will not because of held back stock. Apparently, all that were sold last week were old stock as no one has come forward yet and verified receiving one with the starburst.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I'm confirming this sale was not considered a true "reissue" like when Zodac went on sale last year. mikethedrummer has spoken...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Hey, upper management! A reissue character with alternate "modern head" sold out within less than 10 minutes, while reissues of other characters stick around for days, even IF they have alternate (not "modern") heads. And this does still not make you wonder why?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I asked in the Early Access thread, but I guess it belongs here just as well. Anyone know if Whiplash could possibly show up again for sale on Matty Collector? I need the figure but his prices are insane. Not sure how many times he's popped up on Matty in the past and am wondering if he's "gone for good."

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I asked in the Early Access thread, but I guess it belongs here just as well. Anyone know if Whiplash could possibly show up again for sale on Matty Collector? I need the figure but his prices are insane. Not sure how many times he's popped up on Matty in the past and am wondering if he's "gone for good."
    You're not alone. In fact, lots of people were eagerly waiting for him to show up during last BF/CM sale, but he never did.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Actually that information belongs to TG and Mattel. I mean that nobody of us know about that. We can only guess that mostly for sure Whiplash, Teela, and Scareglow are gone for good. But that is only a guess depending of when they appeared for sale the 2nd time and how long they lasted. I am in a similar situation I need Roboto and the prices are growing fast!

The last time Whiplash was available was Black Friday 2011....so it's very likely he's gone for good at Matty.

And Roboto, that I can find hasn't been resold since his original sale date, and the fact that he showed up in Wal-Mart in CA....is very likely Matty has little to none left.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

so weird, i got mine second hand about 6 months ago for $35 on ebay, got to give the advice of buy the figures when you can cause the moment they go prices rocket... people saying to wait on ram-man now cause of the glut but it think he is just going to go up, people say the line is dying and subs might be but i have seen a tone of folks say they just started collecting these last few months, seems to me people are buying there figures on the back market trying to play catch up

I think its safe to say that unless its an 'evergreen' figure, or something that showed up during 2012 BF/CM, the only things we'll be seeing put back up are left over stock from 2012. Even then, most will probably sell out during early access.