Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batteground Teela: ALMOST GONE!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Batteground Teela: ALMOST GONE!

Like the title says. This bikini gal is flying off the virtual shelves!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

But Women don't sell so this is just unthinkable

Not surprised, I mean MegaGearMax bought like 4-5 of them

The figure looks pretty bad ass in person so I think a lot of people will be pleased
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!

I was JUST going to write this - but you already had!! LOL

Wait... how do you know it looks bad-ass in person?!? Did yours arrive already? PICS!!! PLEASE!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!

I was JUST going to write this - but you already had!! LOL

Wait... how do you know it looks bad-ass in person?!? Did yours arrive already? PICS!!! PLEASE!!
    I saw it up close at C2E2, big Madonna bra and all
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Blonde Bikini Teela kicks ass!

I'm expecting Jon-O to get his any minute now...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

i almost passed but i'm glad i didn't.
    It seems she's the fastest selling Bonus figure so far, or was that honor Keldor's?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    It seems she's the fastest selling Bonus figure so far, or was that honor Keldor's?
    Keldor, 25min

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Is BBT beating vintage characters times?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Not surprised, I mean MegaGearMax bought like 4-5 of them
    I am kind of surprised. I mean, I know some people super love her and I called her a customizer's dream base, but there were a bunch of people out there saying they didn't want her at all.

However, regular Teela has never been re-issued, so that could be another reason she's going so fast! People getting into collecting need a Teela. That's just a thought...I don't think hoards of people are buying her just to have a Teela...but I could be wrong.

i almost passed but i'm glad i didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some figures are "almost gone" for a few days, so lets not get too ahead of ourselves.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Yes and No, it depends. She is not beating Trap Jaw but has whipped Buzz Off and Battle Armor Skeletor if things continue

If she sells out in the next 2hrs or so she I believe will be the 2nd fastest selling MOTUC of 2011 (only behind Bow who sold out in under 1hr)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Some figures are "almost gone" for a few days, so lets not get too ahead of ourselves.
    Yeah exactly, lets have her sell out and then we can find how successful she was.

But things look extremely well since most of the MOTUC in 2011 has not went to Almost Gone as quick as BG Teela
    Last edited by markatisu; June 15, 2011 at 02:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That's true. it's so weird when they linger in the almost-gone-zone like that. But in BGTeela's case i think she'll be sold out by the end of the day.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

That's true. it's so weird when they linger in the almost-gone-zone like that. But in BGTeela's case i think she'll be sold out by the end of the day.
    I agree. I was hoping she'd last a few days, the Government would force Canada Post back to work and I could make my non-sub order.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    That's true. it's so weird when they linger in the almost-gone-zone like that.
    Not really. Say the threshold for "Almost Gone" is when 90% of the total amount put on sale has gone. Given the R/WSoD and so on, MotUC sales have typically been incredibly front-loaded, with just about everyone desperate to get a figure (over and above any subs) piling on in the first hour or so. It then makes perfect sense that, with all the pent-up demand gone, the last 10% or so would go at a far more measured pace.

i'm actually really surprised she is at the 'almost gone' status already ...

i'm having a challenge trying to sell mine! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I mean if anyone thought that this figure would not sell quickly needs to look at how when the first Slave Leia figure came out. It took months to meet the demand for her. And even the ones they made afterwards still sold! Female figures always sells if it's a core character! And MOTU has 4 core female characters, Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Sorcerss, and Queen Marlena. And now all we need is one more! Which we better get next year!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I mean if anyone thought that this figure would not sell quickly needs to look at how when the first Slave Leia figure came out. It took months to meet the demand for her. And even the ones they made afterwards still sold! Female figures always sells if it's a core character! And MOTU has 4 core female characters, Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Sorcerss, and Queen Marlena. And now all we need is one more! Which we better get next year!
    Not to mention historically in this line female figures have sold quick regardless of affiliation (meaning core or not)

The only one that had trouble was The Goddess

Not to mention historically in this line female figures have sold quick regardless of affiliation (meaning core or not)

The only one that had trouble was The Goddess
    Of course she had trouble, she needs a walker with her broken pelvis!

Matty just posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector Facebook
    Whiplash was the man of the hour today and flew off our e-shelves! Teela's following in his footsteps and is almost gone, so if you want her, better get her now
    Looks like she will be gone before the days is over

Looks like she will be gone before the days is over
    i don't want to start another production numbers debate, but the quantities must have been lower for this figure ... surely? ...

i know this may sound disrespectful and biased (hey, i'm a vintage guy ) ... but, i dunno ... i just have a feeling ...

this wasn't exactly an ''a-lister'' (i hate using that phrase by the way ... ) ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i don't want to start another production numbers debate, but the quantities must have been lower for this figure ... surely? ...

i know this may sound disrespectful and biased (hey, i'm a vintage guy ) ... but, i dunno ... i just have a feeling ...

this wasn't exactly an ''a-lister'' (i hate using that phrase by the way ... ) ...
    Maybe, maybe not. Teela has never been reissued and its been 2 years since she was last available in any form (and then you had Teelagate where numerous orders were cancelled and Digital River had a massive screw up).

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post

Production numbers keep going UP though. Keldor probably had fewer units than Battleground Teela. Also, technically, she is an "A-lister." This is one of the A-list variants that Mattel keeps touting in their Q&A's. Even though BGTeela never had a figure before, she is vintage...being from the 80's comics and all.

Maybe, maybe not. Teela has never been reissued and its been 2 years since she was last available in any form (and then you had Teelagate where numerous orders were cancelled and Digital River had a massive screw up).
    valid points, sir ... i guess i could understand a regular teela selling out pretty quick ... i just haven't felt much 'hype' surrounding this figure this month ... perhaps because i haven't involved myself in it? ... ...

Also, technically, she is an "A-lister." This is one of the A-list variants that Mattel keeps touting in their Q&A's. Even though BGTeela never had a figure before, she is vintage...being from the 80's comics and all.
    great point, i stand corrected sir! ... i wasn't much of a comic fan growing up ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; June 15, 2011 at 03:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Production numbers keep going UP though. Keldor probably had fewer units than Battleground Teela. Also, technically, she is an "A-lister." This is one of the A-list variants that Mattel keeps touting in their Q&A's. Even though BGTeela never had a figure before, she is vintage...being from the 80's comics and all.
    I think the quarterly's are produced in lower numbers than the regular figures though. They are supposed to be variants usually with significant parts re-use. Not that it matters per se, but it would surprise me if they think the quarterly figures will sell just as well as the regular figures.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Blonde Bikini Teela kicks ass!

I'm expecting Jon-O to get his any minute now...
    UPS pulled up about ten minutes after you wrote this.
    I love an all inclusive canon!