Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those missing a 2nd Clawful head: Quarterly figure?

For those missing a 2nd Clawful head: Quarterly figure?

I'm quite happy with how Clawful is done. But since there's alot of fans who ain't satisfied with the vintage-styled head, I wondered...
    What about Mattel offering another Clawful as a quarterly bonus figure later down the road?

He could feature these changes:
    - New head, looking closer to his 200X appearance
    - Skeletor feet, as hommage to the vintage variant
    - New back part of his armor, resembling the vintage shell armor
    - Repainted shield with a more "dull" red and green highlights

Since only the head and back part of the shell are new tools, he would be relatively easy and unexpensive to do.
    The new elements also would allow collectors to combine both Clawfuls into whichever version they'd prefer. And finally, the quarterly Clawful figure even could be re-named into something like "Lobstor" or whatever, creating a new character for the MotU mythos.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; June 16, 2011 at 06:38am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'd be down for that...I'm still happy with the clawful we're getting but this sounds like a great idea aswell...the more motuc the better

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    No for me. I prefer new characters.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I would also like a modern head for Clawful, but I won't buy a variant just for the head, especially if the sculpt would be changed as well, because I think the Horsemen really nailed that one.

I hope Mattel reconsiders doing the headpack.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    I maybe would buy one, with the mentioned change possiblities...

I think, he would be a good candidate for a variant with Skeletor feet in DC/MOTUC 2-
    Pack

I'd buy it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd get it too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I guess I would purchase an "updated" Clawful. But...only if it did NOT take the place of a proper quarterly figure or regular monthly figure. They'd have to find a way to fit him in outside of those slots. Otherwise, I'd say no.

YES!! i'd buy a 200X Variant!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I think Steph made something very close to a perfect 200X variant Clawful:

Although personally I don't think the torso or armor needs to be changed from the Classics version. That way the only new sculpting would be for the head, everything else could be recycled parts repainted.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Look, we know what the priority Clawful variant will be

Quote Originally Posted by mechthild View Post
    although personally i don't think the torso or armor needs to be changed from the classics version. That way the only new sculpting would be for the head, everything else could be recycled parts repainted.
    bingo........!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i would love a filmation clawful figure & the 200x parts to go w/ it to make a variant clawful figure.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I guess I would purchase an "updated" Clawful. But...only if it did NOT take the place of a proper quarterly figure or regular monthly figure. They'd have to find a way to fit him in outside of those slots. Otherwise, I'd say no.
    I'd rather he be a quarterly figure. If he's not in one of those slots, then he will be a figure that has to be ordered separately from the subscription, and I want to deal with as little of that as possible. I'm already not thrilled about She-Ra 2.0 being separate from the sub. Since the quarterly slots seem to be reserved for variants anyway, why not a Clawful variant?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

As much as I really wanted a 200X head for Clawful, I refuse to buy another figure for it, and I will be really mad if it is included in the subscription. The refusal on their part to include a 2nd head with him the first time means nothing other than the fact that they want us to have to pay another $20 plus $8 shipping to get it.

Frankly, I'm annoyed enough at that the quarterly figures in the subscription thus far - I was really hoping for more "new" characters like Zodak and The Goddess rather than more He-Men or Hordaks. Adding in a figure with a head that we should have gotten in the first place would be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Frankly, I'm annoyed enough at that the quarterly figures in the subscription thus far - I was really hoping for more "new" characters like Zodak and The Goddess rather than more He-Men or Hordaks.
    Uh... they said almost immediately after BA He-Man sold out in around a third of the time it took Zodak & Goddess - at the same time they said they'd be quarterly from then on! - that the formerly-bonus figures were ONLY going to be variants from then on. Long, long before the 2011 sub was formally announced as "all in". let alone went on sale. If you thought otherwise, you should have paid more attention.

Indeed, here's the slide they used to formally announce the sub. Note the four "Quarterly A-list variant figures":

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    As much as I really wanted a 200X head for Clawful, I refuse to buy another figure for it, and I will be really mad if it is included in the subscription. The refusal on their part to include a 2nd head with him the first time means nothing other than the fact that they want us to have to pay another $20 plus $8 shipping to get it.

Frankly, I'm annoyed enough at that the quarterly figures in the subscription thus far - I was really hoping for more "new" characters like Zodak and The Goddess rather than more He-Men or Hordaks. Adding in a figure with a head that we should have gotten in the first place would be even worse.
    New characters will take up Monthly Slots, while any variant will go to the Quarterly Slots. Mattel is making all figures as if they were monthly releases so there are no more cheap repaints going on.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I'm with you. Fitting him in in a way that doesn't take away from other figure slots sounds good.

Tucking in a 200X head with the eventual Filmation Clawful release seems the way to go at this point.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I'd buy 200x clawful, that would be awesome.

I'd prefer it if he had 2 toes like in the staction, I wouldn't want them to use Skeletor feet just for a homage.

I wouldn't care if his bio stated that he is a new character, as long as we get the figure, I could just ignore the bio.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Uh... they said almost immediately after BA He-Man sold out in around a third of the time it took Zodak & Goddess - at the same time they said they'd be quarterly from then on! - that the formerly-bonus figures were ONLY going to be variants from then on. Long, long before the 2011 sub was formally announced as "all in". let alone went on sale. If you thought otherwise, you should have paid more attention.

Indeed, here's the slide they used to formally announce the sub. Note the four "Quarterly A-list variant figures":
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...1276516455.jpg
    I'm aware of this, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it. I guess on some level I was hoping that Zodak, Goddess and Keldor were still fitting the conditions of a "variant" figure, and they gave me high expectations as to what the quarterly figures should be.

But regardless, it still doesn't change my stance that it's horrible for them to pretend that 200X designs are retired and then say that they'll give us a 200X head only as a "refresh" of the entire figure.

I guess on some level I was hoping that Zodak, Goddess and Keldor were still fitting the conditions of a "variant" figure, and they gave me high expectations as to what the quarterly figures should be.
    Keldor's a Skeletor variant. The other two were explicitly "this is what we WON'T do from now on"s - they were in a competition of sorts with BA He-Man for what the "bonus" figures would be. And they lost.

The current Clawful's head is terrible looking compared to the 200x staction head. But a quarterly variant of Clawful would have to include more than just a new head to be worth it. He should also come with an interchangeable bigger 200x claw like this figure should have had in the first place. I prefer the vintage claw myself, but it was a no-brainer to include an interchangeable 200x pincer with Clawful.

I would be very happy to get a Clawful quarterly variant that includes an interchangeable 200x claw, 200x head (modern) head, and a back plate that more closely remembles the shell on the 200x staction.

I'd much rather have that as a variant than Hurricane Hordak with that huge ugly dial on his back.

At this point Buzz-Off and Clawful are much more in need of a quarterly variant than He-Man and Skeletor in my opinion.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm aware of this, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it. I guess on some level I was hoping that Zodak, Goddess and Keldor were still fitting the conditions of a "variant" figure, and they gave me high expectations as to what the quarterly figures should be.

But regardless, it still doesn't change my stance that it's horrible for them to pretend that 200X designs are retired and then say that they'll give us a 200X head only as a "refresh" of the entire figure.
    On the one hand, I do agree that it would be nice if some of the 'variants' could be other characters like the Goddess and Zodak were (of course Zodak was splitting hairs anyway since they just reimagined the character for 200X to be very different from the original 80s versions and then just made both incarnations separate characters for MOTUC).

But on the other hand, since we are getting variants anyway, I think something like a Clawful variant would be a nice refreshing change of pace rather than having variant upon variant of He-man and Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Keldor's a Skeletor variant. The other two were explicitly "this is what we WON'T do from now on"s - they were in a competition of sorts with BA He-Man for what the "bonus" figures would be. And they lost.
    I do have to wonder, though, if part of the problem with them is that they came out so soon after their respective counterparts. Zodak was only about 4 or 5 months after Zodac (with there not being a ton of figures in this line at that point), and Goddess came out only 2 months after Teela.

I just find it odd that by comparison Vikor sold out so quickly (within minutes on his first sale date, and then within a day or so the second time around).

Not that Vikor isn't a cool looking figure, but this was a character that nobody had any real attachment to. He was just an early concept drawing of He-Man and was adapted into a new, original character.

While Goddess was pretty obscure, she at least had a following and her existence became relatively well known amongst the fan base. It just seems odd to me that a character that at least has SOME following would sell out more slowly than one with pretty much no pre-existing following.

Of course I do have to wonder how much the subscriptions contribute to that. Neither Zodak nor Goddess were part of any subscription. But Vikor was, so in theory a lot of people may have ended up getting him who otherwise might have passed him by.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Too soon for another Clawful