Thread: WTFWTK 2.62 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.62 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Staff Of Ka.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Mr Roboto:
    What criteria do you use or follow to determine who the Club Eternia subscription figure will be?

2. Buesefus:
    Teela, Goddess, Evil-Lyn and Adora all had ankle articulation that allowed a wide range of movement. She-Ra and Catra use a different style that limits the movement more. What was the reason for the change in ankle joints in the female characters, and what type of ankle articulation can we expect on future females?

3. The Fallen:
    Some of us have, at one time, been in a rut as a fan of this property for what ever reason. Does being the Brand Manager, Bio Writer, Forum Poster and Fanboy Mediator affect you as an actual fan of the MOTU property?

4. Tallstar:
    Do toy line versions of characters such as Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella, Queen Angella, Entrapta etc. have a real chance of being made in this line?

5. Darkspecter:
    Toyguru said Queen Marlena's body has new parts (possibly internal), but he said he would have to check with the design team to find out for certain which parts are new on her female buck. Can you ask design which parts are new (if any)?

--------------

So ask those questions!

If/when a faction is completed, will you consider adding to the faction with new characters? For instance, if the Snake Men are all released by 2014...could 2015 see a new figure to fill a "Snake Men slot?"

Is there any chance to do a Scareglow variant of a glow-in-the-dark skeleton encased in a translucent plastic MOTUC buck?

Based on past track records of the 4Horsemen, they made a He-Man figure that everyone was impressed with at SDCC that started the MOTUC line, and last year's SDCC they made a Battle Ram, and now we have a vehicle planned for this year(not that it's related to the Battle Ram). Seems everytime they up the ante to something bigger, so maybe this year's SDCC is a playset(personal hope, btw). So, based on your personal opinion, what do you think are the chances that the 4Horsemen surprising us again this year with something they sculpted on their own initiative?

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Movie mayhem!
    Hi Scott! What do you understand the top ten requested filmation characters to be, after reading the threads out there on various sites?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Is there any chance to do a Scareglow variant of a glow-in-the-dark skeleton encased in a translucent plastic MOTUC buck?
    Now that could be awesome!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

What about a head pack, ala the weapons packs? A lot of fans would have liked to have seen Battleground Teela with red hair, a lot of fans would like to see 200X version heads, and such. I realize that new sculpts for heads would require new tooling/molds, but if the fan demand is there wouldn't it be worth it?
    Stay free my Misery

Has Mattel ever considered a Green Lantern He-man variant and a Sinestro Corp Skeletor variant?

Mine wasn't selected last time, so going to ask the same question again:-

If when we get to barbarian He-Man (who may or may not be Oo-Larr) would it be possible to get a 2nd Ceril head with him? Ceril was in the DC comics, but may not be well known or popular enough to get a seperate release, but could easily share a body with barbarian He-Man, giving fans who want every character a chance to get him

Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

It's been said many times that metal MOTU replica weapons will not be made. But would it be possible to get an adult-sized all-plastic Power Sword instead?

Is He-Ro - the Son of He-Man possible as MOTUC?
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Hello.

Would you ever consider doing a "Sword to ...." weapons pack ala the She Ra cartoon series?
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey TG, I was wondering when you all get to making NA He-Man & Skeletor, do you plan on calling them simply "He-Man" & "Skeletor" as it was on their packaging or do you plan to add on a fancy moniker/adjective to their, or even use the NA intials?

I'm not asking if or when the Motu character Blade is being released but can mattel confirm if he'll be called Blade or has the name been trademarked by others?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Will we know anything about "classics" Keldor swords on SDCC ?

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Will we know anything about "classics" Keldor swords on SDCC ?
    well hopefully they'll packaged with the evil warriors very own blacksmith - Spikor

Since the Castle Grayskull stands have been constantly available for several months and the line continues to grow, will the CG stands (and any other future faction-based stands) remain constantly available or will they suddenly disappear? Ideally, I would like to have a stand for each figure based upon their faction, but if that is not going to happen I want to be able to acquire the CG stands as I can afford them and the line grows.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Dear Matty,

Are you going to tap into any more concept figures anytime soon? I feel stuff like Gygor and Vikor were quite popular! There's some great concepts that were shown to most of us via Tomart's magazine several years ago!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Dear Toyguru,

Could you please tell us if we'll find out more info about the Fighting Foe Men soon (be it in figure form or in the bios) ?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    So far we've had every core figure get a re-release except the original Teela.

What's up with that?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!