Thread: Battleground Teela SOLD OUT

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)

Battleground Teela SOLD OUT

As title says.....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ctID.229756100

Took about 20 hours.......

Not bad. Great figure that stuck around enough for those who did not have a sub (I hope!).
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Beat me to it.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Uh oh! I've got 24 hours to declare a winner in the contrest, then!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

wow, i am surprised she sold out in under a day - not bcs she's a chick, but bcs she's a pretty unknown variant... surprising but very good news, looking forward to mine turning up.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here are the sell-out times:http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...logspot.com%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    wow, i am surprised she sold out in under a day - not bcs she's a chick, but bcs she's a pretty unknown variant... surprising but very good news, looking forward to mine turning up.
    I'm not. MOTUC's fanbase are mostly hardcore online MOTU fans, so I don't think she's all that obscure--or at least the notion of a blonde Teela being what the character looked like before she was a red head. She was more well received than the monthly figure...

Here are the reasons why I think she did so well:

• Warrior Woman in a bikini: Besides having a striking visual, Battleground Teela evokes the whole Red Sonja or Slave Leia fascination. If we start seeing Battleground Teela booth babes or cosplay at Grayskull.Con or Power.Con, then you'll really know that Blonde Bikini Teela has a definite impact.

• Old School Teela: Fans probably brought multiples so that they could have not only a Blonde Bikini Teela, but also to put her blonde head onto a spare Teela figure's body, if they brought a spare then.

• Red Sonja and other Customs: Customizing a scantily clad female buck was great for customizers (Betcha we'll see lots of Red Sonja customs--or Slave Teela)

• Original Teela hasn't been re-released: Another reason could be since the original Teela wasn't re-released since October 2009--almost two years ago, this version is a surrogate version for any new collectors.

• Vikor's Woman: Finally, fans who prefer her to be someone else will place her as a companion to their Vikor figures.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Regardless of reason Mattel should be very pleased, she comes in #2 behind Bow in sell out time (possibly tied with Battle Armor Skeletor @ ~21hrs)

This discounts Panthor (beast) and Vikor/Hsss who had weird shipments that skewed their sell outs.

Go females, Go Teela, go MOTUC

Almost 4 years in and we are still red hot with the under 1 week sell outs (since Faceless One is now Almost Gone as well). No other line in that store compares in any way,shape, or form
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Uh oh! I've got 24 hours to declare a winner in the contest, then!
    It better be me! (shaking fist and snarling menacingly)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Faceless One is almost gone.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I was actually surprised to see she was still available at 4 PM yesterday when I got home from work...so I bought her. I figured I wouldn't get her, but hey, I had birthday money (do most 31 year olds still get birthday money? ) and figured I might as well.
    I'm just so used to these selling out within five minutes or so, and figured it would be gone. Lucky for me, and lucky for my Vikor!
    Now, I just need that Marvel Universe Frost Giant figure, and I'll be all set

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Well, it's good to see the blonde bikini Teela sell out fairly quickly! Less than a full day for an obscure variant of a main character is very good! I'm proud of my gold bosomed friend!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well, it's good to see the blonde bikini Teela sell out fairly quickly! Less than a full day for an obscure variant of a main character is very good! I'm proud of my gold bosomed friend!
    Yup I know a lot of people had their doubts but apparently it paid off, more comic fans than I anticipated.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I didn't expect this soooo fast. But then customisers would have jumped on this one.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I never doubted that this figure would sell out fast. The new female body looks just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

• Warrior Woman in a bikini: Besides having a striking visual, Battleground Teela evokes the whole Red Sonja or Slave Leia fascination. If we start seeing Battleground Teela booth babes or cosplay at Grayskull.Con or Power.Con, then you'll really know that Blonde Bikini Teela has a definite impact.

We can only pray that this happens.

I must admit... I originally didn't intend to buy her... but caved last minute and got her.

Heroic Warrior
    She's a Blonde warrior maiden with a sword and laser pistol in a metal Bikini, how could I NOT want her?

Heroic Warrior
    So much this

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    She's a Blonde warrior maiden with a sword and laser pistol in a metal Bikini, how could I NOT want her?