Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support to keep the secret weapons accessories something solid for the future.

Support to keep the secret weapons accessories something solid for the future.

After reading the new Matty Q and A's today there's a question about the secret accessories and if they would continue them. Well we haven't received any yet. But there answer was as long as the fans like it, it something that could be done.

Well I for one would love it and support it. I mean it's more for our buck. This line by no means are cheap. Whatever extras along the way we can get. I say give it too me. And it's a cool thing to do. It's a way to get this weird abstract weapons from the tv shows comics etc.

Keep them coming Mattel.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

How is it more for our buck? The number of accessories will be the same, but one of them just won't be shown.

I think it's fun every once in a while, but not as a regular thing.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I would support them.

Unfortunately it now seems we feel it is our right to know what these secret accessories are...which ofcourse means they would no longer be secret.

Did you read that comment over at TNI:

"That's right, we said "secret" accessory. You see someone at Mattel decided it was a good idea to not tell consumers exactly what they will get when they spend their $40+ for it on Mattycollector.com in August when the figure goes on sale. Sorry guys, this isn't a movie where if you reveal everything it ruins it. This is a fairly expensive product that consumers should know up front what they are getting, and keeping it a "secret" doesn't entice more people to want to buy it, if anything it discourages and frustrates them into not buying it. "

So basically, any cool little thing that Mattel would like to keep to themselves, merely to give us something unknown to look forward to...will be met with hostility from many fans.

I personally hope Mattel ignore these people & continue with secret accessories.
    Last edited by Artistix; June 15, 2011 at 10:22pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    This sums it up for sure. It would drive me insane if this was a regular occurrence.

It's impossible to keep things like that a secret for long when we're all hungry for info on the internet.

The only way it actually worked was with He-Ro's gem colors since they were very well hidden in there.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I personally don't care for surprise accessories...

Most fans are to impatient to appriciate secret accessories and just get annoyed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Yep, agree with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    I would support them.

Unfortunately it now seems we feel it is our right to know what these secret accessories are...which of course means they would no longer be secret.

Did you read that comment over at TNI:

"That's right, we said "secret" accessory. You see someone at Mattel decided it was a good idea to not tell consumers exactly what they will get when they spend their $40+ for it on Mattycollector.com in August when the figure goes on sale. Sorry guys, this isn't a movie where if you reveal everything it ruins it. This is a fairly expensive product that consumers should know up front what they are getting, and keeping it a "secret" doesn't entice more people to want to buy it, if anything it discourages and frustrates them into not buying it. "

So basically, any cool little thing that Mattel would like to keep to themselves, merely to give us something unknown to look forward to...will be met with hostility from many fans.

I personally hope Mattel ignore these people & continue with secret accessories.
    You see, i personally don't agree with that TNI comment.

How is a secret accessory going to make a difference whether i buy Megator or not? If i like the figure/character i'll buy it regardless of what the secret accessory may be. If i don't like the figure/character, then i won't buy him or if i have a sub i'll sell him. It's still going to cost $40 for Megator regardless.

So yeah, i hope Mattel understands that not everyone feels negatively about secret accessories. I view the idea of a secret accessory as a bit of fun and nothing more. I certainly don't mind it and for me it kinda adds to the enjoyment of collecting.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I fully support it, I really appreciate TG & Cos efforts to keep the secret.

And as long as threads discussing them are marked *spoilers* I think its an occasional treat! and a lot of fun!

Something I truly miss from the Pre-internet days is being surprised by toys every now and then!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    instead of a secret accessory...why not a bonus accessory that we know what it is.... all these secrets and huge announcements got me too excited I just want to know and see some reveals already.. haha

Heroic Warrior
    I like the secrets, but then again, I've always been very good with delayed gratification. The best part of Xmas was (and is) always the anticipation, never the actual moment. I have a feeling that most people hereabouts are not in this camp, though. They want to know now!

Too bad, I like secret accessories.

Do a poll.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

As long as the secret accessories are extra weapons, or throwbacks to the vintage toyline like The Warrior Ring I don't mind if kept secret... Unless that weapon is the 200X Skeletor Swords... People have begged for them long enough to be kept a secret. Things like Extra heads, Pack in characters, etc. Should NOT be secret accessories.

I was going to skip Megator, but when I found out what the Secret Accessory was, I felt more interest towards the figure and I'm planning to buy one.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

How can you not love the secrets!? They are just as awesome as the secrets of Castle Greyskull!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    My thoughts on this contain a spoiler regarding Megator's secret accessory (I hope that's okay, I know we aren't supposed to talk much about it outside of the thread dedicated to it, but since this is sort of an extension of that topic, it's kind of hard to say what I have to say without bringing it up), so I've colored the text to make it hard to see. Highlight the text to read it:

Honestly, I'd just rather know up-front what the extra accessories are. Even if they aren't revealed at the exact same time as the character that they come with, that's fine, but I'd still like to know about them well ahead of the sale date.

I doubt that I'm going to buy an extra Megator to display both heads due to the cost of the figure (I may see if anyone wants to trade for an extra MIB Tytus that I have), but whenever something like an extra head is involved, I want to know about it and what it looks like so that if I want to get 2 of the figure to display both heads.

I guess I somewhat agree with DO4M's sentiment that secret accessories are better kept as extra weapons or things like the warrior ring... but even then I'd still like to know that it's coming because depending on what the accessory is and how cool it is, it may actually prompt me to buy more than 1 of a figure.

For instance, Man-At-Arms coming with the 200X power sword. While I was buying 2 of him to open anyway because he had 2 heads, if he had only come with 1 head, I still would have wanted to get 2 of him to get an extra of that sword.

And as was the case with Megator anyway, the secret accessory was spoiled through an ebay auction. So these things never stay secret anyway.

One thing that I do sort of think would have been cool would be for the accessory to have been secret and remained a secret (without us even being told that there would even be a secret accessory) until the review samples got into the hands of reviewers and we find out that way. How cool would it have been to have discovered this by watching Pixel Dan's review or something like that? Being that he got the figure a good 2 months before it goeson sale, it would still give people plenty of time to make arrangements to order the figure if they need to get an extra or something in addition to their subscription.

--- End of Post.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It would be nice to have some secret accesories from time to time!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Yeah, they're fun! Keep 'em coming!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Well what if they are only making the secret accessary for only that reason. To be fun and as a secret. I think it's cool.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I think keeping some accessories secret is fun but for a French collector like me, that doesn't change anything. I'll discover it on forums or facebook as soon as the first US collectors will get their figures and before I get mine.

Heroic Warrior
    More accessories are OK. I believe "secret" accessories are unuseful though, and I personally don't think they're fun.

They might have been fun when I was 8 or 12. Not anymore.

Plus, just like PAT noted above, this secret thing is not valid internationally.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I think it's pointless. We get the same thing weather you know it or not and I prefer to know. I do not need to be treated like a five year old that needs to have a secret gift. Subscribers are also paying customers and to keep something from them they paid for is crap. If you want secrets go investigate the government they are full of them.

I want to know, no more secrets please
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

I'm all for it. The idea seems to be to keep the accessory secret when it's something rather fun and unexpected, but not essential to the character. If continuing secret accessories serves as a motivation to keep trying to blow our minds, there's a lot of fun to be had from it.

I too like the secret/bonus accessory idea. I'm up for it - keep 'em coming!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    They should all come with a third secret accessory from now on!

Nah, personally I like to know what I'm getting before I pay for it. I like more accessories, though.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.