Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: green lantern-the animated series

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    I saw the commercial for it forgot to set the DVR
    I think it reruns tomorrow at the same time, but you might want to double check that.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I loved today's episode. Mogo!!!

Also, it was a Clancy Brown double feature. He was Zartok in Green Lantern & Faraday in Young Justice.
    Clancy Brown was all over! He was in Transformers Prime tonight too!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    I watched it this morning, dont like it, the voices, the animation just comes off very generic
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

I'm still really enjoying this show. It's not groundbreaking, but it's a reliably entertaining cartoon.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I continue to enjoy the show as well. I don't know how things went wrong with the live action movie, but the show is really hitting all the right notes for a great Green Lantern show.

The movie should have taken a similar direction -- do away with using the first movie as an origin story (just a quick summary would have done, perhaps with Hal using the ring to tell it) and get right to Hal ring slinging in outer space. And all the wonderful aliens, the live action movie should have been full with them -- scenes on Oa should have been reminiscent of the Mos Eisley Cantina. But that's enough talk of the movie...

It's rather interesting to watch and see all the small things that are being seeded for future stories. For example, that yellow ore we've seen so much of, it's readily apparent that the ore will be used to create the yellow power rings. And in light of the most recent episode, instead of the original Negative universe Qward being the source of the yellow power rings it will be the Thanagarian that stole the GL power ring from Kilowog.

The last two episodes were amazing! Played out like a movie with its epicness. Not sure, but I think today's episode was a season finale.
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Think spots after said new Green Lantern and Young Justice next week but not the first time a mistake like that could be made.

But yes the have been good.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I still don't really love the animation, but it really was a terrific season.

Just watched what I assume to be the finale of the season.

I just hope it isn't the end of the show altogether
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I love this show! Today's episode was better than Young Justice's. I also really liked seeing Ray Palmer get a DC Short. Even though today was the season finale, I'm assuming the sequel to it will be during Green Lanten as well.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Just watched what I assume to be the finale of the season.

I just hope it isn't the end of the show altogether
    I don't think it will be, the ratings have been pretty high for the entire DC Nation block. There is no rush to replace it with anything
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I love this show! Today's episode was better than Young Justice's. I also really liked seeing Ray Palmer get a DC Short. Even though today was the season finale, I'm assuming the sequel to it will be during Green Lanten as well.
    I almost thought it was the opening to Young Justice with the level of animation that was in that short.

I missed the short for last weeks Young Justice though.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I really hope they include all the shorts as bonus features on the DVDs (for YJ and GL).

Checked the DVR next week Young Justice is new, Green Lantern is not it's done for the season just a mistake at the end of Young Justice.

I hope they include the shorts in some fashion. I would even buy them on a decently costing solo disk or with something like the shorts they had with the movies.

I did find it weird that the Animal Man bio was a repeat(only the second short repeated since DC Nation started) since all it was was a few pictures with words. I figured they'd have a bunch of those ready to deliver since little to no animation is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I missed the short for last weeks Young Justice though.
    I don't remember what last week's short was, but they used to have them on CN's website as well as with the episode itself if you have cable with On Demand.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I also noticed that, mainly because it was the same bio showed last week. I will say this, as a block I much prefer DC then the Marvel one. I don't mind the having an artist draw part, it's about the same as can a batarang really work thing, I could leave it or take it, but these shorts compared to the Marvel mashup is no comparison. The mashups are just unfunny and seem like something you would find buried on someone's youtube channel from some video they made 10 years ago.
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 26, 2012 at 11:02pm.

I also noticed that, mainly because it was the same bio showed last week. I will say this, as a block I much prefer DC then the Marvel one. I don't mind the having an artist draw part, it's about the same as can a batarang really work thing, I could leave it or take it, but these shorts compared to the Marvel mashup is no comparison. The mashups are just unfunny and seem like something you would find buried on someone's youtube channel from some video they made 10 years ago.
    i agree completely. i wish they would take a different approach to the drawing segments though. nickelodeon had some nice how-to-draw segments on, i think, the nicktoons channel. they would have one of the creators or animators give step by step instructions on how to draw characters like aang or danny phantom. they even had a quick video showing how to animate. the marvel segments tend to be a lot more vague with their instructions. maybe if they showed you how to draw a character in the avengers cartoon style rather than a more detailed comic book style, it might be more useful.

If their intent is to get kids into drawing specifically comics they need realize at the age they are aiming this at most kids are just drawing. So doing the more complex comic styles is going to be above and beyond their ability, they also need to realize attention span issues, the segments are a bit long. They need to break them up into smaller five minute segments dealing with specific things, like saying drawing a Thor's hammer, Tony's Helmet, then later do say one of their heads (keep it character themed), then say a torso, then legs and arms. Also do stick with a simpler art style more like what you find in the show(s).

If they really want to push it, start a youtube channel with more detailed explanations etc. I do think part of their fear is stepping on art schools toes, they are giving away free lessons so to speak.

The short for 2 weeks ago was Vibe and it continued from Green Lanter TAS and concluded in Young Justice. It was okay, looked like an 80's cartoon from ABC Saturday mornings.

When it comes to Marvel Master Class I love seeing a master like J Scott Campbell draw scetches of Spidey fighting Venom. It would be like during DC Nation they have a 3 minute clip of Ed Benes drawing scetches of Batman fighting Bane.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; May 29, 2012 at 06:34pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    It's been almost 3 weeks since the last episode, does anyone know what's going on?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

The last episode was the season finale

The last episode was the season finale
    There's supposed to be 26 episodes though, aren't there?

Yeah, 26 episodes for the first season, broken into two 13 episode story arcs. I don't know if there's been any talk about the arc for the second half of the first season, but I wouldn't be surprised if the development of the yellow power rings is the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Yeah, 26 episodes for the first season, broken into two 13 episode story arcs. I don't know if there's been any talk about the arc for the second half of the first season, but I wouldn't be surprised if the development of the yellow power rings is the focus.
    Would they go that route though, with Sinestro still being a Green Lantern in the new 52?

They've been setting up the yellow power rings throughout the first 13 episodes. We first see the yellow ore in the prison (the episode "Razer's Edge" I believe), later in "Fear Itself" Hal learns about the yellow ore's fear inducing properties, and back to the prison in "Flight Club" we meet the Thanagarian criminal Byth Rok who eventually steals the dead GL's ring from Kilowog.

The Byth Rok of GL:TAS wears a Qward style helmet. Originally Sinestro gets his yellow power ring from the planet Qward in the anti-matter universe, it appears the show is setting up Byth Rok as the creator of the yellow power rings and likely leading his band of Thanagarian criminals to the planet Qward (though not necessarily in the anti-matter universe, the show may do away with that aspect and have Qward be it's own planet somewhere else in the galaxy). Because of the live action movie using Sinestro, the team behind Green Lantern: The Animated Series agreed (had to?) not to use him on the show itself -- I think the reasoning by WB was to "avoid confusion" by having multiple instances of Sinestro outside the comics. The whole situation with Sinestro reminds me of the Bat Embargo on Justice League/JL: Unlimited -- once The Batman started everyone but Batman himself was prevented from appearing on JLU.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; June 13, 2012 at 11:24pm.