Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the Official MOTUC Procrustus Thread

With a new precedence being set in price for Granamyr at $80 I'm sure we could get a huge Procrustus for around the same price. The thing is, the fan community has been waiting for Granamyr for nearly 30 years, will a large majority be willing to shell out that kind of cash for a somewhat obscure mini-comic character?

Heroic Warrior
    That's a good point you bring up although how many people thought BG Teela would come to fruition and she was even more obscure to many. I think it will totally hinge on how well Granny does when he goes on sale. I just realized that scale wise wouldn't Procrustus need to be about 6 He-Men tall?

No seriously thought I'd be ok with Megator/Ty buck being used and then re-tooled a tad to accommodate 4 arms- it would serve as being functional and make him slightly larger than Tytus. I would definitely want them to wait till they decide how big Granny will end up before they do Procrustus though.

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    With a new precedence being set in price for Granamyr at $80 I'm sure we could get a huge Procrustus for around the same price. The thing is, the fan community has been waiting for Granamyr for nearly 30 years, will a large majority be willing to shell out that kind of cash for a somewhat obscure mini-comic character?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    The thing is, the fan community has been waiting for Granamyr for nearly 30 years, will a large majority be willing to shell out that kind of cash for a somewhat obscure mini-comic character?
    Yes. This figure is more anticipated than Tytus or Megator. Furthermore, it is a fabulous opportunity to take the Masters back to their roots.

An elemental deity... a great inclusion in a wild barbarian world!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

It would be excellent if Procrustus somehow obtained his role in holding Eternia together as a defensive mechanism in the defeat of Hordak's spell of separation. Procrustus giant enemy of the Horde in Preternian times, sent by King Grayskull to the caverns of Eternia to hold the planet together in the days and months following Hordak's failure to cast the spell.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Im starting this because I havent seen this on yet on the boards, but the only other giants that I see coming to MOTUC are the ABC giants, Serpos, and Granymer (Skytree would be a boring figure) Procrustus is a perfect way to bring in the mini comic characters, and he is one of the most popular characters to come from the minicomics. I actually think that he would be a cool collect and connect figure for the subscription holders, like you get 2 subscription figures in one year.
    I passionately disagree Allthough Procrustus would be super!
    Last edited by Chroniklor; December 19, 2011 at 10:40am.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

good figure idea. Would look great.

Want the ABC Giants first, and I dont quite want them...

I dont know, I'm torn.

But if they do him I know it'll be great.

BIG yes to this guy.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Every his arm stands for cardinal direction, in my opinion, he fulfill similar function to Atlas from Greek mythology. Also he really looks to me like a Titan from Greek mythology. Overall I love to have such a ancient character in MOTUC.

I never thought they would make him that early, however he looks great and I'm very happy to add him to my collection.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I'm just loving it. I was very very bummed not to see Lodar, but this mini-comic character was a fantastic surprise. His Megator legs look kind of skinny in the pictures, but I don't care, I want that toy!

He comes with the Star Seed, probably the most powerful artifact in the entire MOTU universe. That's enough reason to get him in my opinion.

My Skeletor needs the Star Seed.

Meh. I wanted him much bigger. One giant on my shelf is enough.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Awesome figure! The amount of detail is insane. I will get him for sure.... My birthday is in december 19... So i can get him and all the other figs!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Well this guy is just all around awesome. I only know about him because of the forum, but there really doesn't need to be any background for a four-armed giant rock man. It's just one of those basic cool items that's hard not to love! I especially like that he has bicep swivels, unlike the other two giants. Procrustus will actually be fun to move around! I've got to find a little blow-up globe for him to hold...

As for who he IS - I love having Eternian ancients around, and I love that he really fits the old barbarian roots of the line. My friend and I were talking about different elemental gods for Eternia, and Procrustus makes me want more!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I love the inclusion of this character in the line. The figure looks incredibly detailed, though the second pair of arms look a bit awkward since they're basically glued on top of the giant buck and in the pictures they are strangely positioned. The head sculpt is one of the best to date. Never thought I would like this character this much.

Not my first choice of who I'd include, but he certainly looks good. I'd be interested to see the reviews when they come to see how he articulates and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

He looks like something out of an old Ray Harryhausen movie... I dig him! Surprised to see reuse of Megator legs (the legs aren't the best things about Megator and Tytus... will this guy- being sooo top-heavy- be able to stand up on his own for long?), but love him from the waist up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    He comes with the Star Seed, probably the most powerful artifact in the entire MOTU universe. That's enough reason to get him in my opinion.

My Skeletor needs the Star Seed.
    It is? it was my favourite episode in cartoon series with Zodac. Star Seed, resembles me the One Ring from LotR, even He-Man tried resist to his power, just like Gandalf from LotR.

What is the Star Seed?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I love Procrustus' eyes!!

About Zodac and Star Seed:
    In the cartoon he is presented as an all-powerful character who sees and understands all. The most important of his three episodes is "The Search", in which he sends He-Man out on a quest to prevent Skeletor from reaching the Star Seed, a powerful object that will give him control over the whole universe. A twist ending reveals that Zodac set up the whole affair, telling Skeletor of the Star Seed and sending He-Man to defend it, in a test of He-Man's ability to resist the temptation of using the Star Seed's power for himself.
    About MOTU cosmology:
    Eternia is at the center of the universe. Although little mentioned in the franchise, at the planet's center lies the Star Seed, a spark left over from the creation of the universe. Possessing it would grant infinite power to its holder. Skeletor, upon discovering this information, tries to obtain it, but He-Man is able to get it first. After resisting its corrupting influence, he then gives it to Zodac, who disposes of it.
    Last edited by Teitan; July 14, 2012 at 07:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    What is the Star Seed?
    What Teitan said. MVC was going to make it the ultimate source to the Powers of Grayskull and He-Man (or at least a key link). Filmation didn't really make good use of the idea considering that it is set up to be pretty darned relevant. A piece of the force that created the universe at the center of the planet that is supposedly at the center of said universe? That's just begging to have a connection this ultimate power that everyone in the franchise is fighting over. I didn't realize that was the Star Seed he's holding, but I think that's awesome!
    Last edited by gbagok; July 14, 2012 at 07:25pm.

Ok... I cannot stop looking at this figure is great! I also love how he looks in the map... Awesome! I think next year will be a very big year...Figure and Story (Bios) wise!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Cool, thanks folks!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

One of the more overlooked reveals so far is one of the nicest.
    He may have a ridiculous job, but he is one hell of a nice-looking figure.

Nice to see the swivel biceps. Hard to tell if the shoulders are ball-jointed, but I won't get my hopes up. Regardless this will be the first giant I pay full Matty price for.