Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the Official MOTUC Procrustus Thread

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    When Procrustus appeared in the bios, I was sure they'd make him. I wasn't excited at the idea, but now I've seen him, I like him a lot!

He looks like some kind of Earth Elemental or god which is awesome!

Definitely one of my favourite reveals!

With Granamyr representing Fire, we just need an Air character, Spirit character and Water character as oversized figures and we have all the elements represented!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Yeah, he's probably one of my favorite reveals. The sculpt is just amazing with all the rocky bits. And the four arms look awesome.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

One of the Con's highlights for me. I always digged Procrustus, and the figure has exceeded all my expec
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Hello,

He's not by any means bad.
    I may even get 2, one to be opened up...bet hey, december????

while i like this stoney alan mooore looking dude, he may be a victim of December overload for me, if its between him or granymer there is no contest, i like him though

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent sculpt for Procrustus, as is usual with the 4 Horsemen...

Nevertheless, I'm a bit scared about the articulations of this figure : if the shoulders are not balljointed, movement will be greatly impaired. And so far, all the giants got very basic, non-balljointed articulations.

Also, the way the 3rd and 4rth arms are attached to the back makes it look weird. In the comics, both pairs of arms were attached to the torso...

I'll have to wait for more info, pictures, and for Pixel Dan's preview (IF we're lucky enough to get a preview, since Mattel seems to get their samples later and later...) before I take my decision to buy him... or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Also, the way the 3rd and 4rth arms are attached to the back makes it look weird. In the comics, both pairs of arms were attached to the torso...
    I thought that too, but if you look at the first image of procrustus his arms seem to come out of his back
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...us_01_full.jpg

the next panels it looks MORE like they come from his sides.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    OK, but this doesn't appease my fears about some articulations issues... But I won't worry too much before more info, pics and Pixel Dan's preview.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    As for who he IS - I love having Eternian ancients around, and I love that he really fits the old barbarian roots of the line. My friend and I were talking about different elemental gods for Eternia, and Procrustus makes me want more!
    Procrustus was the inspiration behind my character Bahkrullus in my online minicomic The Skayleth Awakens (http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/vog0400.html).

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I thought that too, but if you look at the first image of procrustus his arms seem to come out of his back
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...us_01_full.jpg

the next panels it looks MORE like they come from his sides.
    I always thought his arm arrangement was up and over rather than front to back, but seeing the figure made me take another look at The Magic Stealer. It's a curious one because the panels don't make it completely clear. I always thought he was like a big glorm arm-wise.

Whichever is right is ok with me. I like the figure a lot. The colour choice is curious. He was definitely an earthy brown-green in the minicomic. I think the chosen colour is good though.

I am very pleased to see the elemental god from my favourite minicomic!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I have a feeling Procrustus will be one of the figures in the Mad Matty sale just like Tytus and Megator. He's cool looking but there's no way I'm paying $40 plus shipping and taxes.

OK, but this doesn't appease my fears about some articulations issues... But I won't worry too much before more info, pics and Pixel Dan's preview.
    From the images I've seen…Procrustus has more articulation in his arms than either of the other giants we've gotten. They're more like a standard figure's arms. I'm not concerned at all.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Procrustus was the inspiration behind my character Bahkrullus in my online minicomic The Skayleth Awakens (http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/vog0400.html).

I always thought his arm arrangement was up and over rather than front to back, but seeing the figure made me take another look at The Magic Stealer. It's a curious one because the panels don't make it completely clear. I always thought he was like a big glorm arm-wise.

Whichever is right is ok with me. I like the figure a lot. The colour choice is curious. He was definitely an earthy brown-green in the minicomic. I think the chosen colour is good though.

I am very pleased to see the elemental god from my favourite minicomic!
    I was always fascinated with his lone appearance

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    From the images I've seen…Procrustus has more articulation in his arms than either of the other giants we've gotten. They're more like a standard figure's arms. I'm not concerned at all.
    it LOOKS like they upped the articulation, so I'm remaining hopeful!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Very glad they made him. Would have preferred an all-original sculpt, but given that reuse allows these things to be remotely affordable I'm happy it's just the Megator legs.

Snappy Threader
    Yeah he looks real cool.

Great reveal for sure, happy to have another giant and mini comic character. and he looks great!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    His extra arms are so wrong! They are like Webstor or Buzz-Off extra arms...
    I made a photoshop comparison:
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    How are they wrong? The picture everyone has posted from the mini-comic show them to be exactly like the way they are.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    When Procrustus appeared in the bios, I was sure they'd make him. I wasn't excited at the idea, but now I've seen him, I like him a lot!

He looks like some kind of Earth Elemental or god which is awesome!

Definitely one of my favourite reveals!

With Granamyr representing Fire, we just need an Air character, Spirit character and Water character as oversized figures and we have all the elements represented!
    Bow can have the "Heart" power, and together they can form Captain Planet!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm underwhelmed by this figure, never had interest in this character...Easy pass

I am anxiously awaiting this awesome figure. Any news if his shoulders, lower arms, and hands are mis-assembled now? It totally looks that way as can be seen in TG latest video of Granamyr. Look at the open right hand on his back arm vs. the 4H prototype!

motuc-procrustus.jpgprocrustus_cropped.jpg
    Last edited by Xetheus; November 10, 2012 at 01:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    His extra arms are so wrong! They are like Webstor or Buzz-Off extra arms...
    I made a photoshop comparison:
    http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1...ocrustusm3.jpg
    I get what you are saying. Normally with a four armed character you want the arms in line to look correct. My guess with this figure is it's combination of that first Mini-comic image and somebody (the horsemen I'm guessing) thought that something that has to use those arms to hold Eternia together from the inside would need the arms to come out the back because they would be ineffective if they came out of his sides. Wouldn't be able to reach anything being under the main arms unless the they were extra long. I know getting all nerdy on it but it's nice to think that they may have put some thought into it. I love this figure overall from the images though. I've always liked him from the mini, a lot of my MOTU memories stem from those comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilestwarrior View Post
    I get what you are saying. Normally with a four armed character you want the arms in line to look correct. My guess with this figure is it's combination of that first Mini-comic image and somebody (the horsemen I'm guessing) thought that something that has to use those arms to hold Eternia together from the inside would need the arms to come out the back because they would be ineffective if they came out of his sides. Wouldn't be able to reach anything being under the main arms unless the they were extra long.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, well put. I like the way the arms are, it's different then other 4-armed characters.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking, well put. I like the way the arms are, it's different then other 4-armed characters.
    Let's see how happy you still are if they should really be mis-assembled!

Heroic Warrior
    Let's see how happy you still are if they should really be mis-assembled!
    The Procrustus test-shot has reversed forearms on his front arms, and the hands are misassembled too when you compare them with the SDCC prototype... If the Procrustus featured in Toyguru's latest video ALSO has these issues, then I guess some fans will get one more misassembled figure with reversed forarms to make it "pop"... I won't be one of those, of course, because if Procrustus has a flaw, I won't buy him, especially with his bigger pricetag.

The "geniuses" at Mattel's already have SO MANY difficulties with figures who only have 2 arms, and now they're even more confused with figures with several arms. I fear the worst for figures such as Mantenna, Modulok and Multibot, because they all have more than 2 arms and/or two legs....
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 10, 2012 at 04:45pm.

The Procrustus test-shot has reversed forearms on his front arms, and the hands are misassembled too when you compare them with the SDCC prototype... If the Procrustus featured in Toyguru's latest video ALSO has these issues, then I guess some fans will get one more misassembled figure with reversed forarms to make it "pop"... I won't be one of those, of course, because if Procrustus has a flaw, I won't buy him, especially with his bigger pricetag.

The "geniuses" at Mattel's already have SO MANY difficulties with figures who only have 2 arms, and now they're even more confused with figures with several arms. I fear the worst for figures such as Mantenna, Modulok and Multibot, because they all have more than 2 arms and/or two legs....
    Let's be fair. That is a STOLEN test shot of Procrustus. Maybe they sent the shots to Mattel and they told them that is was wrong. You can't jump on Scott until we see an OFFICIAL one that is wrong. It is OK to point it out, but again that is anything BUT official.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection