Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Offical MOTUC Flutterina Thread

Hybrid View

The Offical MOTUC Flutterina Thread

Flutterina is one of those characters that never had a chance to shine in any media, but has potential to be a powerful character. First off she is a flyer (one of a few), she can create butterflies out of thin air( create butterfly "smokescreens"), turn herself into a butterfly to avoid capture and spy on her enemies. In terms of her acessories her shield and something else, like a spear to keep her distance, or this Idea that Niki came up with using the hooks that came with her backpack is really great.
    Last edited by facet; March 1, 2012 at 03:59pm. Reason: added pics

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    She is in the top ten percent of wanted pop figures for me, personally. I do think the 4h should be given some leeway with her design and coloration,but I think she could come out awesome...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

She was portrayed well in the Filmation cartoon, and I definitely want a MOTUC version of her.

I'd been thinking about how they could make her more "tough."

Then I thought, "no."

We can DEAL with a butterfly lady

We have a bee man. We have a man made out of plants. We have a man with an extending NECK. We have a man who is basically a giant skunk.

The boys can deal with some loveliness in the line for a couple of figures.

Ha!

The 4H should go all out and make her as visually stunning as possible. Butterflies ARE beautiful creatures. They are also marvels of biological construction.

She's perfect for being a spy too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The 4H should go all out and make her as visually stunning as possible. Butterflies ARE beautiful creatures.
    My thoughts exactly. (btw, I lol'ed at your "the boys can deal with some loveliness" comment )

Even though Flutterina is towards the very end of my "wants list", I still think she could look pretty kick ass updated in MOTUC form. Not sure what extra weapon they could give her. I keep trying to think of something cocoon-related, but that idea really isn't going anywhere. ha!

Perhaps they should do like that character in the new X-Men movie? They invented a butterfly girl who, when she decides to be evil, vomits fire!

Now, what can Flutterina vomit?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Perhaps they should do like that character in the new X-Men movie? They invented a butterfly girl who, when she decides to be evil, vomits fire!

Now, what can Flutterina vomit?
    Perhaps she can shoot silken cocoon webbing like Mothra in larva form.

Flutterina!!! She is one of my favs and I want her so much!!

Toyguru! 4 Horsemen!! When you read this.. please make her!!!
    Can' wait to get her!!!

I would buy her.

Official Flutterina MOTUC Thread

While she's not necessarily at the top of my list, I definitely would like to see her get made. I particularly like her color scheme.

I know that she's one of those POP characters that is a harder pill to swallow for some collectors due to her being "extra" girly. I think the ideal situation would be to put her in a three pack with Spinnerella and Perfuma, the other two characters that are a bit more on the girly side. Putting them together in one pack I think would allow all fans of the three characters to band together and they'd be more successful.

What say the rest of you?

Snappy Threader
    Great idea with the three pack. A three pack containing those 3 figs would rock. I'm not very excited about any of the three, but that would be a kick butt pack.

That would'nt happen due to wings alone and they would'nt make a 3 pack for those character's becuase of fan demand! All 3 are must haves in my book as well as many others, and could be considered as B-list, A-list people! I would take them in a 3-Pack if they did! I'm so excited to see what the 4HM do with Flutterina as well as Perfuma! I feel they could make them extremely wantable!
    Last edited by michaelAschamp; January 25, 2013 at 07:45pm. Reason: misspelling errors

I think the Star Sisters and the Fighting Foe Men have shown the customers aren´t that much into three packs.

In Flutterinas case it´s even more difficult since Spinnerella shares Flutterinas top and hair color, they just added some magenta streaks to Spinnerella. So you would have two figures with almost the same buck and hair color.

Flutterina (as every character does if you ask me) deserves her one release and if there would be a pairing i would pair her with Perfuma since they came with the same mini comics.

And since every official thread shows off some pictures, here we go:

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy Flutterina, but I'd prefer to see Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Double Trouble and Sweet Bee released first.

While I'm not sure how warrior-like Flutterina could be, I do like the Filmation biography of being a slave who helped She-Ra and in the process was transformed into a powerful force for good. And I think a pair of detailed wings with great sculpted details and colours could really make the figure stand out in a MOTUC collection, even IF characters like Angella and Sweet Bee have been released.

I also wanted to point out, that with flutterina, we have a great chance of a re-use of her wings for Garth or vice versa as garth was trademarked! So the reality of her is close I can feel it! I so must have a Beautiful Battling Butterfly Goddess

Is it me or does her neck look abit too long!? Looks good otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It's a prototype, so I would fully expect the head to fit more firmly down upon the neck on the final action figure
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    Is it me or does her neck look abit too long!? Looks good otherwise.
    On Facebook, Cornboy said that the head wasn't pushed down far enough by the person who put her on display.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Flutty looks AMAZING!!! Great sculpt, beautiful face, and I love that she's getting the sword. (Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Queen Angella, or any other PoP, really). Fantastic reveal. I'm thrilled!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Ur right they don't look as bad....but her wings would definitely look better if they were translucent.
    I might actually display her with the wings if they were translucent.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I might actually display her with the wings if they were translucent.
    I think it will be translucent on the final figure.Remember Buzz-Off, when he was revealed, he had opaque wings.

I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but I'm excited that the Flutterina torso means we're much more likely to get Spinerella as well eventually. I know Mattel wants to get all of the vintage characters made, but until I start seeing more proof it's always up in the air. Hope we get more POP in the years to come!

Don't forget Huntara!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just noticed the middle orange circles on MOTUC Flutterina's wings differ from the toy wings. The toy wings are the darker pink of the bottom.

I prefer the darker pink circles, because I already think the orange skirt gives her way too much orange going on. She looks amazing beyond words, but there's a whole lot of orange going on and I've never been a big fan of orange.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I can't wait to start posing her with Buzz-Off and Stratos, or maybe even have some flying scenes with Flipshot/Icarius. August 2014 can't come soon enough!

She is absolutely stunning. I just can't stop looking at her. Amazing. Spectactular. Sensational. Ultimate. Astonishing. Basically, every adjective that has ever been attributed to Spider-Man.

It's also incredibly smart of Mattel to release her in 2014. Those that are anti-PoP are probably anti-Flutterina most of all. Now, she's out of the way come 2015 sub drive time.

If Scott is smart, Perfuma and Sweet Bee will make their way into the 2014 lineup as well, for this very reason.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!