Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Offical MOTUC Flutterina Thread

The Offical MOTUC Flutterina Thread

Flutterina is one of those characters that never had a chance to shine in any media, but has potential to be a powerful character. First off she is a flyer (one of a few), she can create butterflies out of thin air( create butterfly "smokescreens"), turn herself into a butterfly to avoid capture and spy on her enemies. In terms of her acessories her shield and something else, like a spear to keep her distance, or this Idea that Niki came up with using the hooks that came with her backpack is really great.
    Last edited by facet; March 1, 2012 at 02:59pm. Reason: added pics

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    She is in the top ten percent of wanted pop figures for me, personally. I do think the 4h should be given some leeway with her design and coloration,but I think she could come out awesome...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

She was portrayed well in the Filmation cartoon, and I definitely want a MOTUC version of her.

I'd been thinking about how they could make her more "tough."

Then I thought, "no."

We can DEAL with a butterfly lady

We have a bee man. We have a man made out of plants. We have a man with an extending NECK. We have a man who is basically a giant skunk.

The boys can deal with some loveliness in the line for a couple of figures.

Ha!

The 4H should go all out and make her as visually stunning as possible. Butterflies ARE beautiful creatures. They are also marvels of biological construction.

She's perfect for being a spy too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The 4H should go all out and make her as visually stunning as possible. Butterflies ARE beautiful creatures.
    My thoughts exactly. (btw, I lol'ed at your "the boys can deal with some loveliness" comment )

Even though Flutterina is towards the very end of my "wants list", I still think she could look pretty kick ass updated in MOTUC form. Not sure what extra weapon they could give her. I keep trying to think of something cocoon-related, but that idea really isn't going anywhere. ha!

Perhaps they should do like that character in the new X-Men movie? They invented a butterfly girl who, when she decides to be evil, vomits fire!

Now, what can Flutterina vomit?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Flutterina!!! She is one of my favs and I want her so much!!

Toyguru! 4 Horsemen!! When you read this.. please make her!!!
    Can' wait to get her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Perhaps they should do like that character in the new X-Men movie? They invented a butterfly girl who, when she decides to be evil, vomits fire!

Now, what can Flutterina vomit?
    Perhaps she can shoot silken cocoon webbing like Mothra in larva form.

Flutterina is one of my favourites and I would love to see her one day. I don't think well ever see her get made though.

I had a figure of her as a kid, and she was great in the cartoon. I think a large part of the reason I like her so much is due to the fact that in the cartoon we see the origin of Flutterina and you did'nt get origin stories with alot of the rebellion characters.

Plus she looks stunning, easily one of the most beautiful rebellion members and purple hair always rocks!

For some characters in POP, the Style Guide look is a must and upon examining that, the best look for her is Style Guide. I would replace the white in the wing with black and add more detail and realism.
    Last edited by danielsan52; June 20, 2011 at 11:07am.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I like Flutterina and when it comes to her weapon, i made a drawing of her where i used her hook from the action figure as an actuall hook as a weapon.

I have to redo that picture, especially her face (iīm sorry Flutterina, you deserve better than that!) but for now itīs the only one i have so it will have to do

EDIT: I edited the picture but itīs still not good enough or how i should be!
    Last edited by Niki; January 26, 2013 at 09:23am.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I like Flutterina and when it comes to her weapon, i made a drawing of her where i used her hook from the action figure as an actuall hook as a weapon.
    I love that idea!

I'm not too keen on the cocoon webbing idea though...she isn't Spiderman I was leaning towards a crossbow or something of the like until I saw Niki's post. She is an aerial character, and therefore she should have some sort of distance weapon for sure.

I have to redo that picture, especially her face (iīm sorry Flutterina, you deserve better than that!) but for now itīs the only one i have so it will have to do
    That hook came with the action figure? Was it with the wings. I dont have the action figure but I like the idea for the weapon!

I definitely want a Flutterina figure, but she has to be styleguide/Filmation all the way.

The hooks were a part of the backpack that her wings attached to. You pull one cord, then the other to make her wings "flutter".
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just recently read about her and her origin story and powers. I was happy to have her fleshed out. She's more than just "Butterfly Scout" which I had trouble suspending disbelief with because butterflies aren't fast. She's cooler than I gave her credit for.

Give her a tomahawk, or She-Ra's comb axe, but translucent for a second accessory. It reminds me of a throwing axe anyway, don't know why.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    For some characters in POP, the Style Guide look is a must and upon examining that, the best look for her is Style Guide.
    Agreed... I would like her to be more Filmation/Style Guide than toy... which is one of the few exceptions for me in the POP line. Of course, what I REALLY want for the POP characters is like what they did with Bow: A COMBO.

I like Flutterina and when it comes to her weapon, i made a drawing of her where i used her hook from the action figure as an actuall hook as a weapon
    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hook thing made into a practical weapon! That's the perfect homage!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks, guys! It took me a while and before i came up with the hook idea but as itīs part of her original figure it totally made sense to me and itīs a light weapon she could carry around while flying.

I went a bit far when i made both ends into blades, i guess in real life that would end pretty brutal, to much slicing...

What if you turned it into a bola? She could capture the Horde from the air and give the rebels on the ground and advantage.

I like the hook idea though...it totally pays homage to the vintage figure and could also be useful. She could carry a grappling hook to help the rebels scale the fright zone.

I would buy her.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hook thing made into a practical weapon! That's the perfect homage!!
    I think Darkspectre had a similiar idea regarding Dragstor's rip-cord.

And yes, a beautiful Flutterina would be most welcome on my shelf!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Flutterina is one of my top wants for the POP characters. Who cares if she is stunning? Being beautiful and deadly aren't mutually exclusive.

I like the idea of the hook weapon, and she would be a fantastic candidate as a spy given her abiltities.

Thanks, guys! It took me a while and before i came up with the hook idea but as itīs part of her original figure it totally made sense to me and itīs a light weapon she could carry around while flying.

I went a bit far when i made both ends into blades, i guess in real life that would end pretty brutal, to much slicing...
    oh snap, I didn't realize that was your angle. Since you explained it, it makes perfect sense though and fits in really well with the homages.

Two hooks/blades are fine, or do a chain and scycle, the concept, creativity, and logic behind it are great.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    What if you turned it into a bola? She could capture the Horde from the air and give the rebels on the ground and advantage.

I like the hook idea though...it totally pays homage to the vintage figure and could also be useful. She could carry a grappling hook to help the rebels scale the fright zone.
    The Bola idea is also good! But the hook seems to be the ideal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    oh snap, I didn't realize that was your angle. Since you explained it, it makes perfect sense though and fits in really well with the homages.

Two hooks/blades are fine, or do a chain and scycle, the concept, creativity, and logic behind it are great.
    I donīt know how i came up with the blades but in the end i really think it fits her and from a far they could do a lot of harm and she isnīt in any danger

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm totally down for a Flutterina. Yeah she's one of the more girly-ish colored figures but whatever, I'm always down for cool winged/flying figures. She's actually pretty high on my wants from the Rebellion. Right behind Castaspella and Frosta...I think.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I love Flutterina. She hung on my bedroom mirror all through high school. I would love to see the 4H do a scuplt of her. The bladed hook weapon is also an awesome idea. I will be buying this one when she is available.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire