Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MattyCollector August Sale Announced. Early Access Thurs 8/13. All Access Mon 8/17.

On a hill in the woods just around the corner

MattyCollector August Sale Announced. Early Access Thurs 8/13. All Access Mon 8/17.

Here is the August sale info:

8/17 Releases Announced: MOTU Mara of Primus™, Evil Seed™, Plus MOTU Movie Figures

Hot summer nights need cool action figures! We’ve got a Galactic Protector with a heroic hairstyle, an evil ruler with sharp spinning blades, and a vindictive vine who’s strictly vegetarian.

This month Club Eternia® welcomes Mara of Primus™, who fights for what’s right with one flip of her fierce ponytail. “Buzz Saw” Hordak® carves out his place as the Club Eternia® quarterly figure, and Evil Seed™ takes root in Club 200X™.

Plus… celebrate the 28th anniversary of theMasters of the Universe movie with a special offer! From the celebrated 1987 film, we’ve got bad boy Blade, Evil Master of Swords™ and good-hearted Gwildor™, Heroic Creator of the Cosmic Key™, both available in Early Access as well as All Access. In honor of this ’80s classic, buy both Blade and Gwildor and get 20% off your combined purchase while supplies last.

And remember, subscriptions for the 2016 Collector’s Choice end on 8/10!

Early Access 8/13
    • Thursday, 8/13 from 8 a.m. PT to Friday, 8/14 at 8 a.m. PT (subscribers only)
    • Masters of the Universe® Classics Blade Evil Master of Swords™*
    • Masters of the Universe® Classics Gwildor™ Heroic Creator of the Cosmic Key™*

All Access 8/17
    • Monday, 8/17 at 9 a.m. PT (everyone)
    • Masters of the Universe® Mara of Primus™ (Club Eternia® monthly figure)
    • Masters of the Universe® “Buzz Saw” Hordak® (Club Eternia quarterly figure)
    • Masters of the Universe® Evil Seed™ (Club 200X™ monthly figure)
    • Masters of the Universe® Classics Blade Evil Master of Swords™*
    • Masters of the Universe® Classics Gwildor™ Heroic Creator of the Cosmic Key™*

*Subject to Early Access sellout.

Club 200X™ Subscribers Only
    • Masters of the Universe® Classics Heads of Eternia® Accessory Pack
      (Club 200X® Exclusive). Available only to subscribers of 2015 Club 200X™ as a benefit of membership, the Heads of Eternia® Accessory Pack cannot be purchased.

2016 Collector’s Choice Subscriptions
    • Ends: 8/10 11:59 p.m. PT or when subscription quota is met, whichever comes first.

August Subscription Key Dates
    • Subscriptions Renew/Cards Charged: Starting Wednesday 8/12
    • Subscription Orders Ship: Starting Friday 8/14
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; August 3, 2015 at 04:05pm.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Damn...I thought for some reason that Buzzkill Hordak was coming later on during the year.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Buzz Kill Hordak, love it! It kinda makes sense why maybe the Hiss Torso didn't get packed in with him then if they really did forget. They wouldn't have had time to pack it in now, and obviously Hordak was already packaged and shipped. But I'll leave it at that as we have 50 plus pages elsewhere on the topic!

interesting they say that collectors choice will either end when quota is met or on 08/10, I don't think they've ever denied subscriptions before have they? I thought they just let it count down to the bottom and however many they had at the time "the more the merrier."
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    I am so looking forward to that variant. That was my Hordak as a child. :-)

I wonder why they did the NA re-release the month before before Mara, and now the movie figures the month before Saurod. Why not the same month?

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hmmm... I'm semi-tempted to pick up an extra Gwildor (I don't need another Blade to get the discount), but with the Power Con preorders coming up, I may have to pass.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    interesting they say that collectors choice will either end when quota is met or on 08/10, I don't think they've ever denied subscriptions before have they? I thought they just let it count down to the bottom and however many they had at the time "the more the merrier."
    I thought the same. Probably someone not thinking it through when they typed it up.

With the 20% they are eating from the discount, they could fund the license to make the 1987 movie figures. Langella Skeletor or we riot Mattel!

Heroic Warrior
    The Blade/Gwildor deal is pretty interesting.

I don't remember them offering anything similar to this in the past. I wonder if there will be similar specials in the future (e.g. they will bundle "PoP", "NA" and other categories of figures with discounts).

Heroic Warrior
    Well, another light month. Nothing I am in wants of, money saved.

When I saw Blade and Gwildor were up I thought for a second Saurod must have moved earlier! No such luck, sadly!! Lol

Unless these movie figures are really clogging up the warehouse, I don't understand why they are being offered now and not during the Saurod sale?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    When I saw Blade and Gwildor were up I thought for a second Saurod must have moved earlier! No such luck, sadly!! Lol

Unless these movie figures are really clogging up the warehouse, I don't understand why they are being offered now and not during the Saurod sale?
    They also sold NA figures LAST month, instead of this month to go along with Mara.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Got my Evil Seed paid for, and got a Blade for $12 on EBAY. I'm good.

Thanks Mattel.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 3, 2015 at 09:34pm.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter Not that creativity is actually valued here.

I think I am in for Mara and BS Hordak. I already own Blade and Gwildor and I am not interested in extras for those.

Super excited for Evilseed, but I have to wait for a bit to get him, as I subbed quarterly for the 200x sub.
    Last edited by x56h34; August 3, 2015 at 07:54pm.

Do we get charged for 200x head pack of has that alreadly been paid ? I can't keep track, hopefully so cause I budgeted for that but forgot the Quarterly Hordak figure so it will balance (which with Three cases of Marvel legends shipping, Sideshow deadpool flexie pay and Aussie Dollar falling like drop bears in tourist season I could use a break )
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Do we get charged for 200x head pack of has that alreadly been paid ? I can't keep track, hopefully so cause I budgeted for that but forgot the Quarterly Hordak figure so it will balance (which with Three cases of Marvel legends shipping, Sideshow deadpool flexie pay and Aussie Dollar falling like drop bears in tourist season I could use a break )
    We have already paid for the heads pack. That was done when we signed up for the subscription.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    We have already paid for the heads pack. That was done when we signed up for the subscription.
    Cheers Wayne love your style
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

interesting they saysuat collectors choice will either end when quota is met or on 08/10, I don't think they've ever denied subscriptions before have they? I thought they just let it count down to the bottom and however many they had at the time "the more the merrier."
    They said the same thing with the 2015 sub. There is a limit, but we probably won't hit it. They just have to write that to cover their butts, I would assume.

I just wonder if there's a minimum for CC, or if it's technically a new line?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    They said the same thing with the 2015 sub. There is a limit, but we probably won't hit it. They just have to write that to cover their butts, I would assume.

I just wonder if there's a minimum for CC, or if it's technically a new line?
    There would have to be a minimum, doubt Matty would do it if it was crazy low.

I imagine the sub limit is to cover there butts on the first figure (Lord Masque ? ) cause factory orders for him would be under way and they can't sell more subs than what they make (think its the reason why beginning of the year figures Sorceress and Two Bad ect are ordered more conservatively )

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    There would have to be a minimum, doubt Matty would do it if it was crazy low.

I imagine the sub limit is to cover there butts on the first figure (Lord Masque ? ) cause factory orders for him would be under way and they can't sell more subs than what they make (think its the reason why beginning of the year figures Sorceress and Two Bad ect are ordered more conservatively )
    The reason I ask is that the last couple subs in their "first year" (MOTU minis, giants, etc) were given a pass, with no minimum for the sub to go through. Seems like Mattel is willing to give such subs the benefit of the doubt. The question is, do they consider Collector's Choice a "new" line, or just MOTUC 2016?

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Buzzkill Hordak
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I want to see reviews of the head pack.

Dying to see the full Grizzlor head with the 200x face plate
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

interesting they say that collectors choice will either end when quota is met or on 08/10, I don't think they've ever denied subscriptions before have they?
    Yes, they have...DC Signature Series, Ghostbusters and MOTU Minis. Plus failed pre-orders for the Ecto 1 and DC Young Justice Miss Martian/Superboy 2-pack.

I guess that answers the question about a sub minimum though.

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Damn...I thought for some reason that Buzzkill Hordak was coming later on during the year.
    Haha. I like that.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

It's probably posted somewhere, but any ideas as to roughly how much 'Buzz Kill' (lol!) Hordak will be?
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/