Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official GARTH Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I would most definitely want him in the line if Filmation becomes doable. I think the Fab Four could pull a Bow with him, taking the original design and doing their magic with it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Down.

Winged figures are always awesome. I'd totally team him up with Buzz Off. The Filmation episode he appears in is a good one.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I would most definitely want him in the line if Filmation becomes doable. I think the Fab Four could pull a Bow with him, taking the original design and doing their magic with it.
    I agree. I think the image I used in the first posting is an ideal concept for him. The Filmation look has great potential, but it lacks some things.

Garth's pre-transformation "bug form" is an interesting thing, as well. That would make an interesting action figure. He looked like that through most of his first episode.

That custom carded figure is pretty amazing! I like both versions, but I hope there might be a way for them to do a Glen/Marlena thing with him...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar

Support for Garth in MOTUC

Welp, apparently looking up garth in the thread search function isn't enough to find the Garth thread. Anyway, I throw support behind him.
    Last edited by Teacher of Madness; August 21, 2011 at 06:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Welp, apparently looking up garth in the thread search function isn't enough to find the Garth thread. Anyway, I throw support behind him.
    Welcome aboard! I'm crossing my fingers for a movement!

For sure but I would prefer his post transformation look.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    For sure but I would prefer his post transformation look.
    Me, too. If they felt that he should have both, they could do a swappable head, armor, and extra arms or something. It wouldn't be perfect, but I always wanted the post-transformation Garth. He could fly and looked to fit in better in the line that way.

I really hope that Garth makes it into the line, he was cool in the Filmation Cartoon. I agree with the other people who have said that the Four Horsemen could do great things with this character, both versions would be cool and say a lot about the diversity of cultures on Eternia, imo.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Party On, Garth!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    I really hope that Garth makes it into the line, he was cool in the Filmation Cartoon. I agree with the other people who have said that the Four Horsemen could do great things with this character, both versions would be cool and say a lot about the diversity of cultures on Eternia, imo.

Take Care,
    Darren
    I second that! Bring on Garth!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i really like the the character. but am conflicted.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i really like the the character. but am conflicted.
    What's going on? You can trust in us

Perfect addtion to the masters. Another flyer and cool design. Love the axe in the first post, think it would work perfectly with him.

I'd take either or both, but I think I like his more buggy appearance more!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    why is this guy cool?
    i would like him vintage or 200x.
    he would be awesome!

His post-transformation design was featured in the last part of his first episode, and then he appeared that way throughout another episode in which he was a principle character.

His bug body was very different in design from his moth man look. However, they could do like Randor and Marlena and offer a "toy version" of his design instead of a 100% rendering. A proposed toy version would have swappable head, arms, attachable wings, and a snap removable bug breastplate that also covers his hip section. The legs would stay the same. He didn't have any memorable props, so his extra body parts would be all that is needed.

I could see fans buying two of him not just to show off both variants, but for some fans who wish to imagine the bug version to be another character in his insectoid race.

Just saw this episode today (well, his first one) and thought he'd make a REALLY cool figure in his final form!

I've been looking for other heroic possibilities for Filmation. I vaguely remember Garth so I had to go back and re-watch the episodes. He's pretty awesome! (post-transformation)

If he doesn't qualify as a "one off" I don't know what would! Bring on Garth!

I agree! (Did I start this thread?)

The Filmation colors were red and a dark yellow. Hopefully, if he gets inclusion, he will be more metallic. That yellow would look terrific as GOLD.

*His plot line was memorable.
    *He was the "guest star" of the episode.
    *He could have swappable insect parts.
    *He appeared a second time in the series, unlike the majority of popular Filmation-only characters.

Ok, first time seeing this thread but I will throw my support to Garth. He would be a pretty cool figure to have. I dig both looks.

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely a fan of the post transformation Garth. There are three main/popular FILMation villains (Icer, Strong-Arm, and Fang Man) but only one main/popular FILMation heroic warrior: Lizard Man. A little unfair. I think Garth needs to join the ranks of the Heroic Warriors!
    Figures needed before I open up my MIB collection...by Factions:

Heroic/Evil Warriors: Rio Blast, Ninjor,

Evil Horde: Entrapta, Dragstor, and ANY other Horde member!

Snake Men: Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Blast-Attak

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Garth's pre- and post-metamorphosis looks are so different that I think the only way he could be done right would be as a 2-pack. I don't think the swappable parts approach could do justice to his insectoid look (he has two pairs of arms).

The tooling could be reused for other figures. For example, the butterfly wings with Flutterina:

And, depending on how they engineered the solution, maybe the torso for multiple arms could be reused with Hexor (the cool six-armed green demon from The Obelisk):

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    I think he should come as his own two pack, like Tuvar and Baddrah should....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

The multiple arm tooling for pre-formation Garth could be used for Modulok as well (which could also use the new bottom from Mantenna). All the more reason for Garth to be made!

Actually I would want him to come with the weapon of his people, a spear, as seen from the episode that he appeared in "Eye of the Beholder"
    garths weapon.jpg
    Last edited by facet; February 17, 2013 at 11:14am.