Thread: Question about mailer boxes

Widget

Question about mailer boxes

Do you guys store your carded MOTUC figures in their original white mailer boxes?

Reason I ask is because I've read on some sites that cardboard is not recommended for action figure storage. The holes in the package should help with gas-off issues. But, would the figures keep better over time if I store the carded figures outside of their white mailer?

Just curious as to what everyone else thinks/does.

Forgive my ignorance

-Mike
    John 3:16

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehev View Post
    Do you guys store your carded MOTUC figures in their original white mailer boxes?

Reason I ask is because I've read on some sites that cardboard is not recommended for action figure storage. The holes in the package should help with gas-off issues. But, would the figures keep better over time if I store the carded figures outside of their white mailer?

Just curious as to what everyone else thinks/does.

Forgive my ignorance

-Mike
    I display both my carded and loose figures so I donít keep them in the mailers but I do use the mailers to create stackable levels for my carded figures on the shelf.

As far as cardboard not being good for the figures I could be mistaken but I believe most people saying that are talking about not having the cardboard box in contact with the actual figure itself. The packaging is already a combination of cardboard and plastic and the plastic used for the package is different from the plastic used on the figureónot sure if that makes a difference or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the mailers aren’t airtight so I wouldn’t think that would be an issue for the gas-off but can’t say for sure. They do block out the sunlight obviously which can help
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    I display both my carded and loose figures so I donít keep them in the mailers but I do use the mailers to create stackable levels for my carded figures on the shelf.

As far as cardboard not being good for the figures I could be mistaken but I believe most people saying that are talking about not having the cardboard box in contact with the actual figure itself. The packaging is already a combination of cardboard and plastic and the plastic used for the package is different from the plastic used on the figureónot sure if that makes a difference or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the mailers arenít airtight so I wouldnít think that would be an issue for the gas-off but canít say for sure. They do block out the sunlight obviously which can help
    Thanks for the response!

Mike