Thread: Official MOTUC Artilla thread

Official MOTUC Artilla thread

Well the "Roboto" of NA will hopefully get a classics figure at some point probably later then sooner, but how could they revamp this figure to make him a kick ass character that everyone wants. I was thinking of arming him to the T, sort of like Roboto 200x, making him more of "Weaponstronic", Garrling guns, bazokoo, rocket launchers, really give this guy a ton of heavy firepower guns, as well as guns coming out of his body. Ideas?

I didn't care for this guy much because his original figure was pretty ugly, but he was really brought to life for me when I first watched the NA cartoon a few months ago. I loved that he was portrayed as a tough-as-nails, no nonsense drill sargeant type. He was refreshingly badass for one of the heroes. I definitely want a classics update of him.

Heroic Warrior
    This is really a figure I didn't like in NA. Personally, I even prefer Vizar (who is one of the blandest figures out there in the NA line). I think Artilla looked frankly horrible. The face alone was an abomination. The weird, crooked legs were ugly too. The arms just looked like metal bars, and didn't fit the MOTU aesthetics at all.

If they ever do an Artilla figure, I hope they redesign his look completely. He is clearly a character that SCREAMS for a redesign. If it's just a remake that stays true to the vintage toy version, I know I won't buy it.
    Last edited by Prahvus; June 21, 2011 at 03:02am.

I definitely want an update of this character.

I'd love for him to have a lot of interchangeable parts/limbs.

If they make Rio Blast with pop-out parts, they can re-use them with Artilla/Weaponstronic.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Artilla the figure looked like trash. However, I thought the design used on the cartoon was great - it was more anthropomorphic, and less looking like a walking microwave. In making an Artilla figure for MOTUC, they should based it off of the cartoon design.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

This guy is one of my least favourite NA characters. The vintage figure looked horrible but he did look better in the cartoon so I I hope they take a few liberties with this guy.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    This guy is one of my least favourite NA characters. The vintage figure looked horrible but he did look better in the cartoon so I I hope they take a few liberties with this guy.
    This.... times 2.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior
    At this point, I'd be excited about the announcement about any NA figure. I think Artilla would look good in a classics buck.
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

This figure was such an oddball that I can't help but welcome it's classicized appearance in MOTUC. I prefer the name Weaponstronic to Artilla, but as long as he maintains some of that square-faced, block-headed weirdness, I'm into it.

Artilla would be nifty...if they can get past the airconditioner for a head design!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

I like Robots. Take the cartoon mix it with the figure and you'll get something cool at the hands of the 4H. Trouble is...if you think NA figures are never coming now, just wait until they announce Filmation rights.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Mattel should base his look off the Animation model from Jetlag. Which they can do since they own the character.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

this is the NA figure i want the most. yeah the vintage figure sucked donkey, but if you classicsised him then he will be awesome. roboto needs a wingman!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    The animation model is much better looking than the figure. I would pick that one up in a heartbeat.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I would buy him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Artilla is from a planet of robots. I need to get some screencaps of that. He had to deal with bounty hunters from his homeworld in the NA episode "There's Gems in Them Hills".

I guess in Classics, if Artilla does come from a planet of sentient robots, that would make him far more advanced than Roboto, who was built by Man-At-Arms.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

This is a difficult character to me. His toy of the 80's looks ass, but almost all of them did to me. The cartoon counterpart looks like a go-bot. I think the 4H have a challenge here. But creativity always makes for good designs.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm probably in a minority judging by this thread - but I really liked/like the vintage Artilla figure - it just screamed trashy-80's style robot.

But, if they do him (I hope sooner rather than later) they go with the Cartoon version (if they get the rights that is)

Dang, Artilla definitely does not get very much love. After reviewing the way the character looks in the cartoon vs the figure, I agree that the cartoon version is probably the better way to go. I'd be really interested to see what "parts sharing" could be done with this guy. I have to think he's be a pretty unique tool. Which probably means he's not very likely to be made given his lack of popularity and high tooling needs.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yeah, load this guy to the teeth with weapons!
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Big yes to Artilla, especially if he looks like his toon counterpart rather than the rather "meh" NA toy.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

MAN this is one funky lookin' guy! I can barely tell what's going on with the toy. I'd like to have one in-hand to really check it out.

Now I love the idea of him! Especially how the weapons are laid out. This is also one of the few times where I think his toon face would be cooler, but perhaps they could find a way to give us both with just faceplates.

Finally, I figure this guy will probably share a lot of parts, but I think he should share in a different way: Use this as a chance to make other parts we'll need later! For instance: make Multi-Bot legs and use them here (or at least the lower portions, depending on how Multi-Bot will be put together). Similar idea with the arms, but work in his flip out weapons by making only new forarms. As usual, the body can be an armor that goes over a normal body. Something like that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Well, seeing how his name was recently trademarked, it looks like we'll be getting him! This is great news to me, because although he has bizarrely never been very popular, he's one of the only Galactic Guardians that actually has an interesting design as opposed to just looking like a cheap G.I. Joe knockoff. As long as they stick with the cartoon look (the vintage figure was ghastly), I think the 4H will do a stunning rendition. I imagine he'd need quite a fair bit of new tooling however, so it's a bit odd that Mattel has prioritized him over the other GG's that would be much easier and cheaper to make.