Thread: Clamp Champ and The Secret

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar

Clamp Champ and The Secret

If the bios and other sources are to be believed, at some point Man-At-Arms (Duncan) will either die or become a Snakeman, either permanently or for a period long enough that Clamp Champ will take his place as the official Man-At-Arms of Eternia. If this happens, do you folks think Adam will let him in on the secret of his dual existence as He-Man? I would think Adam would feel compelled to do so, as the benefits of having a high ranking member of the Eternian army who knows his secret and can make excuses and alibis for his disappearances is invaluable.

Thoughts?
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Huh. That is actually a really good questions. It certainly would make sense that either Clamp Champ (or Teela) would have to learn the secret in order to aid He-Man. Perhaps by that time, however, since it seems that the heroes are all on the run and Randor has been banished somehow (right?) that Adam might reveal his secret identity.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Given his position in the army, I'm thinking Adam will have known (of) him long enough to be able to share such a secret when the time comes. Though, this might also be somewhere right before the Masters are sent underground.

In my canon, Clamp Champ is actually Randor's son from a previous relationship, and Skeletor hoped this would drive a wedge between Clamp and Adam. After overcoming their uncle's brainwashing, Clamp and Adam proved that their bond of friendship was as strong as ever and that they're the best of allies, brothers, and friends.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I don't know. I don't know that Adam/He-Man is going to trust anyone outside the "family". Is the Sorceress dead yet, when this happens?...in that case, the only folks that know his secret would be Orko and Adora (maybe Zodac)---I think the only reason MAA knows is because of his earlier links with the Sorceress.

I'm sure it will be revealed in the bios
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I thought Teela eventually found out, with her becoming Queen Teela.
    Does Galactus fart?

Maybe Adam reveals all when they go underground... We know that Orko, The Sorceress, Duncan, Marlena (secretly), Adora, and eventually Teela know. It's likely The Goddess, Zodac, and perhaps Zodak know...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Obviously Teela finds out when she becomes the Sorceress but I don't think Clamp Champ will be let in on it.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I think there will be no secret at all, when maa turns into snake maa he tells every secret to King hiss and the snakes. If not what is the purpose of taking maa and turn him into a snakemen? Is like in star trek when Pickard is assimilated by the borg and become Locutus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I think there will be no secret at all, when maa turns into snake maa he tells every secret to King hiss and the snakes.
    That is an interesting point, but I don't believe that would be the case. In the MYP show episode "The Ties That Bind", Man-At-Arms assures Adam that his secret was safe from Teela's psychic probing because he studied the ways of the Elders, developing mental defenses against psychic intrusions like mind reading and such. A man as practical as Duncan would undoubtedly have created some kind of mental "failsafe" to prevent him giving up such crucial intel, even if his normal loyalties are somehow compromised or corrupted.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see why Clamp would get that 'right.'

Teela was captain of the Royal guard... and SHE never got told. There are lots of masters that he's been fighting with longer than CC... and he didn't tell them.

For that matter, he never told the King or Queen... so Rank has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't see why Clamp would get that 'right.'

For that matter, he never told the King or Queen... so Rank has nothing to do with it.
    I get what you're saying. I was merely speaking from the practical standpoint of providing an effective alibi. I didn't say or mean to imply "rank" per se': I merely pointed out that Duncan's position in the Eternian hierachy, not to mention his level of trust and regard throughout the land, was very helpful in getting everyone to not only trust He-Man, but also to believe all those B.S. excuses for why Adam and He-Man were never together. Clamp Champ has a long way to go before he reaches that level of unquestioning respect, but the position of Man-At-Arms still carries a huge amount of inherent weight.
    Last edited by BIG DADDY SINISTER; April 15, 2012 at 03:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmmm... I don't think so. M-A-A didn't find out because of his rank. So I don't think Clamp Champ would because of it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Maybe Adam reveals all when they go underground... We know that Orko, The Sorceress, Duncan, Marlena (secretly), Adora, and eventually Teela know. It's likely The Goddess, Zodac, and perhaps Zodak know...
    Well we now from Filmation and MYP cartoons that Zodac and Zodak both know and the Goddess as the trainer of He-Man would undoubtedly know the secret as well. Plus theres Light Hope, Madame Razz,Broom, Kowl, and Lo-Kee that know the secret. I would assume as taking over as the Sorceress that Teela would know the secret.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY SINISTER View Post
    If the bios and other sources are to be believed, at some point Man-At-Arms (Duncan) will either die or become a Snakeman, either permanently or for a period long enough that Clamp Champ will take his place as the official Man-At-Arms of Eternia. If this happens, do you folks think Adam will let him in on the secret of his dual existence as He-Man? I would think Adam would feel compelled to do so, as the benefits of having a high ranking member of the Eternian army who knows his secret and can make excuses and alibis for his disappearances is invaluable.

Thoughts?
    The only reason they were making MAA a snakeman was to sell toys. They should have dropped this story line long ago. Adam shouldn't tell anyone else his secret

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pretty sure Granymar(Sp?) knows Adam'S secret. But in the Marvel/Stars Comics issue "Here Lies He-Man", when Adam goes into the future to look for his Power Sword, He meets up with his future self, Teela as the new Sorceress, a new Man-At-Arms, and Clamp Champ. And I can swear the older Clamp Champ knows of Adam'S former secret identity.

Heroic Warrior
    I had to read the thread title twice... I thought it said "Clamp Champ's Dirty Secret". I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I don't think it will even fall on Adam's shoulders when the reveal comes, cause when it's all said and done Queen Marlena will tell Clamp Champ during a major plot point; since he is her right hand man during the uprising...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I thought that by the time Hordak's invasion comes about, everyone finds out he is He-Man.

As for Zodak, I thought there was an episode of the 2002 series when he came up to Adam and told him to get moving or something like that.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This rises another question. I didn't think of it until now.
    Snake Man-At-Arms knows of Adams secret. Now that M@A is a snake-man loyal to Hssss would he tell all of his secrets?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    This rises another question. I didn't think of it until now.
    Snake Man-At-Arms knows of Adams secret. Now that M@A is a snake-man loyal to Hssss would he tell all of his secrets?
    Some of the guys have pointed out a response to this thought and the most logical I can think of is...

-When MAA is transformed certain 'metal' elements of his mind are blocked due BOTH his training AND the fact that King Hiss transforms him to a point where there's not too much of Duncan (out of fear he may regain control of himself) leaving aspects which are more functional to Hiss' cause such as his ability to create. He sees Duncan as a weapon designer and brilliant tactician first and foremost, clearly missing any hint that he may have certain secrets he could use to defeat He-man.