Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any info on where the unsold Matty Collector inventory is going to end up?

Widget

Any info on where the unsold Matty Collector inventory is going to end up?

I'm thinking they had to have considerable inventory left after January 1st. Any ideas/rumors where these are going to show up?

I was thinking maybe Big Lots since they seemed to get some close out stuff from Matty a few years ago.

Thanks.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Let's hope they do and HOPEFULLY people will help like the last time....

ebay and shop.mattel.com
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

I would guess at the very least the Roton will end up at some sort of remainder store. There were simply too many of those left for them to ever sell through via Mattel's Ebay Store or Shop Mattel.

I doubt there will ever be any rumors, just actual sightings. In other words, the first news will come when people begin finding product in stores (Ollie's, Big Lots, etc.).
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

As people have said, they have already listed a bunch of it on the mattel shop and ebay. No idea how much if anything was sold off to retailers yet.

I wouldn't mind Big Lots, since there's one near me. I'd buy a $25 Roton, or even 1 or 2 more She-Ras at that price. I suspect part of it is profit margins- they could sell at sale price with free shipping but on larger items they may gain more selling to other chains than they would online, a $45 shipped Roton probably costs a fortune to mail, and She-Ras couldn't have been cheap either. eBay stock is at full price and will never move, they need to sale price that, and I know it'll be higher than Matty but their eBay shop sends FedEx Ground which is faster than Newgistics, and due to involving Paypal they ship much faster(Paypal would never tolerate Newgistics-level bad service or lost packages).

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I doubt there will ever be any rumors, just actual sightings. In other words, the first news will come when people begin finding product in stores (Ollie's, Big Lots, etc.).
    Yeah, people will post pics of their local store(s) they cleaned out while those who miss out will either congratulate or flame them.
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Yeah, people will post pics of their local store(s) they cleaned out while those who miss out will either congratulate or flame them.
    Probably flame them...justifiably....If alot of people don't or can't get Roton and you get some guy with 25-30 of them in two carts posting them here for $25 a piece and says "I'll help out but for $100 each" that won't be cool....Why do people keep forgetting it's about the community helping not gouging/scalping....

e-t.jpg
    Landfill

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    e-t.jpg
    Landfill
    The legendary Mighty Spector and Star Sisters landfill?!?

Sold off to McDonald's for Happy Meals.

It will be shredded and used to stuff an all new line of Teddy Ruxpin toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Why do people keep forgetting it's about the community helping not gouging/scalping....
    Since when? I think that went away when sellers started charging $50 or more for the Commemorative reissues, or $80 for MOTUC Trap Jaw or Teela. Scalping/aftermarket on these toys can be pretty steep.

Even if they were doing it at no cost you'd still be paying $40-$50 for the things to get them from people picking them up once you pay the postage on a larger item.

It would be nice if they shipped them off to an outelt store like Big Lots. I wish I had taken more advantage of when that was done the last time around. $10 MOTUC figures are hard to say no to even if you already own a couple copies of that particular character!
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Matty's real problem is they didn't discount the things. They'd have done better selling them half off than eventually sending them to some discount outlet for a few bucks each.

Court Magician
    and Walmart.com

I just hope they ship my order before sending it off to a discount store.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Court Magician
    I talked with the store managers at both Omaha Big Lots locations. They said they don't know what they get shipped. One said "Stuff just shows up. We don't order things."

I really hope they move the stock to Shop.Mattel...their EBay store is geoblocked and discount stores are a no-go for internationals.

Maybe in February, once Matty itself is Gone For Good.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Since when? I think that went away when sellers started charging $50 or more for the Commemorative reissues, or $80 for MOTUC Trap Jaw or Teela. Scalping/aftermarket on these toys can be pretty steep.

Even if they were doing it at no cost you'd still be paying $40-$50 for the things to get them from people picking them up once you pay the postage on a larger item.
    I have always been interested by this, and I don't advocate scalping, but I am always interested by the prices since I don't sell on eBay. What I know is a single figure shipped to me is $42, put that on ebay and charge at least $10 for shipping so we are looking at $52, plus ebay does fees and then there are insurance prices cause i hear people do get scammed by buyers (actual real world friends have experienced this too) we are looking at what, at least 60 for a seller on eBay to break even? Obviously its not as black and white, chances are they bought multiple figures and so their initial costs are lower, but idk, I wonder what ppl expect for some high demanded figures. (I do get that there are ALOT of figures below msrp on ebay, but flip shot and fisto are not comparable imho)
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    I have always been interested by this, and I don't advocate scalping, but I am always interested by the prices since I don't sell on eBay. What I know is a single figure shipped to me is $42, put that on ebay and charge at least $10 for shipping so we are looking at $52, plus ebay does fees and then there are insurance prices cause i hear people do get scammed by buyers (actual real world friends have experienced this too) we are looking at what, at least 60 for a seller on eBay to break even? Obviously its not as black and white, chances are they bought multiple figures and so their initial costs are lower, but idk, I wonder what ppl expect for some high demanded figures. (I do get that there are ALOT of figures below msrp on ebay, but flip shot and fisto are not comparable imho)
    Yes but in the Big Lots scenario if that were to happen with the Roton ($25) and someone did do that he didn't pay $125 to justify the 300% markup.... If you paid money for it I get that but if you paid pennies then charge threw the roof that's wrong and he/she is a scalper...

Are they now selling through Walmart?

Click here to see.
    Last edited by ksharpe; January 13, 2017 at 07:49am.

Interesting. Very possible. I don't see Sunder though or some of the others so...

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    Are they now selling through Walmart?

Click here to see.
    They've had MOTUC on Walmart for a while now. Best I know is they have stock spread between the Mattel Shop, Walmart and Ebay currently. None of the more recent items have shown on any of these sites that I've seen, though.