Thread: NA Skeletor's background?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

NA Skeletor's background?

I was thinking earlier today, we are so close to getting NA He-Man that a NA Skeletor can't be far behind (hopefully).

What is it that causes him to change into the "cyber-Skeletor" from the New Adventures line? Is he heavily damaged in battle and in need of mechanical implants?

Does he choose to have his body enhanced to compete with He-Man and the Masters? Is it just a suit he wears?

Any way you slice it, this is going to be one awesome MOTUC figure. I am really looking forward to getting an NA version of the universe's most infamous badguy!

What do you all think happens to Skeletor between Eternia and Nordor?
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    According to the original mini-comics, he got caught in the backwash from Adam's final transformation into He-Man and was able to use the medical facilities of a hijacked Shuttle Pod to restore himself.

In the Classics continuity, according to the mini-comic "The Second Ultimate Battleground", he was critically wounded by Hordak's dying use of his Buzz-Saw powers and only survived by absorbing the techno-virus from a Bionatops that He-Man had brought from Preternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    According to the original mini-comics, he got caught in the backwash from Adam's final transformation into He-Man and was able to use the medical facilities of a hijacked Shuttle Pod to restore himself.

In the Classics continuity, according to the mini-comic "The Second Ultimate Battleground", he was critically wounded by Hordak's dying use of his Buzz-Saw powers and only survived by absorbing the techno-virus from a Bionatops that He-Man had brought from Preternia.
    Thanks Matthew, I knew of the NA Mini-Comic story, but I totally forgot about the Classics version!

Cool, I wonder how they'll pull this one off in figure form (as in if they are going to need some brand new sculpts for his body)...... exciting!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

Personally, I'm stickin' with this.

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

While I think the original NA version is perhaps a bit more interesting than the MOTUC story, the fact remains-a cyborg Skeletor is all sorts of fun!

The Spicy Pepperoni Version does have its merits, of course.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Personally, I'm stickin' with this.

Thanks Alexx, this made my day!

so after Skeletor returns to eternia after the NA stuff how does he un make his cyborg body? He seems to go back to regular skeletor..right?

I wouldn't be surprised if post-NA Skeletor turns out to be Laser-Light Skeletor. Would keep the bionics, but return him to a little less "tech" look nonetheless.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    so after Skeletor returns to eternia after the NA stuff how does he un make his cyborg body? He seems to go back to regular skeletor..right?
    I am not sure he does ever go back to Eternia.

At least, we haven't had indication of this in the MOTUC bios. He goes off into space, fights the Horde Empire and recruits all the Mutants and then we know he eventually (years later) battles He-man on Trolla and is finally defeated.

If they wanted to change his look back to the standard Skeletor after the NA stuff has run its course and if he does indeed return then I imagine they could make him become "God Skeletor" like in the movie and then be de-powered somehow and revert back into his traditional costume and look.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I hate the idea of cyborg Skeletor, but I also embrace MOTUC of all stripes. So yeah, I want the fig, because I did like him (possibly best part of...) in NA. The first costume was the best, even though they went on to that terrible later costume for basically the whole show.

I'd definately need a NA Skeletor because of NA Heman comming out so great.

I do like the MOTUC version of his origin. Basically the same, basically. I'll take it happily.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I hate the idea of cyborg Skeletor, but I also embrace MOTUC of all stripes. So yeah, I want the fig, because I did like him (possibly best part of...) in NA. The first costume was the best, even though they went on to that terrible later costume for basically the whole show.

I'd definately need a NA Skeletor because of NA Heman comming out so great.

I do like the MOTUC version of his origin. Basically the same, basically. I'll take it happily.
    Agree completely.

Seeing the comic NA Skeletor origin makes me wonder if the DC Skeletor could be seen again with another makeover himself considering the last time we saw him he was pretty banged up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.