Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a new MOTUC Era!

Dawn of a new MOTUC Era!

So here we are in early 2015, the vintage line for all intent and purpose about to be wrapped up after the sub barley squeaked through , Scott has stepped down, and what do I find....?
    Positivity, excitement!?!?! What?? How can this be?? Just a couple of years ago I will admit I thought the line would never see the light of 2015 with all the negativity and reversed shoulders and Sorceress's in Fisto boxes or vice verse, price increases, but low and behold here we are, and with seemingly renewed excitement!
    Brandon Sopinsky is quickly becoming the new face of the franchise, and everyone loves him! He just seems to "get it", as we're seeing figure improvements that were long overdue, and his reviews are just more relaxed and enjoyable as he seems much more comfortable behind the camera. Scott just never really seemed comfortable to me and always seemed tense and in a rush to sell us something. Total 180 with Brandon's first few video reviews. Also we got a Con walk-through with a couple of the 4-Horseman, and it was refreshing to see them awing over the figs, rather than having Scott remind us to Sub. No offense to Scott, I assume he did the best he could with the position he was in. ...but the times, I think they are a chang'n. The Ask Matty answers seem a little more personable, we've seen EVERY figure in a Sub Line revealed. We're getting teased with Point Dread and Talon Fighter! The new He-Man head coming with Oo-Lar seems to be a hit. I just feel like we're at an all time high as far as brand moral goes, and I'm really hoping it can keep going with no issues in 2015 and we keep getting new and exciting MOTU products for years to come!
    Things just seemed a little tense there for a few years, so hopefully we can enter a new, more fun era and see the MOTU world continue to flesh out with new characters blending in with the classics. If they do it right, and a hit movie can materialize, I think we might really be on the verge of a new MOTU revival with a mass retail line, and that's all very exciting!

Heroic Warrior
    I like him. I liked Toy Guru. I like the release speed of these videos. Keep in mind this is all stuff Toy Guru set up before he left. Toy Guru deserves credit for what we will receive this year

I've never been so enthusiastic about this line. I'm beyond blown away by SAHM and Hiss 2.0, ready to explode as soon as my March figures get here, dying to grab some GITD KGs, swooning over Filmation Teela and Point Dread, gaga for the 200X sub..... It's all so amazing.

And yes, part of it is an improved tone from Matty, but let's not forget Toy Guru's contribution. These figures weren't planned after he left. He deserves his thanks for his portion of the work in getting these amazing toys to us.

At the same time, the line feels so less stressful now. For the first time ever, I may be more excited about my He-Man figures than my Sideshow figures! That's a milestone!
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

I was thinking this yesterday funnily enough. It doesn't feel as if the line is winding down or on it's death bed at all. The figure quality is getting better, 200X sub, Point Dread and probably Talon Fighter. Just a more positive vibe around the future of the line.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    My feeling is that Ruben, not Scott, was what really tore us apart the last few years.

Scott's "antics" were tolerable when the figures we were getting were near-flawless under Terry Higuchi. Once Ruben started making every figure a chore to love, *everything* was magnified in it's awfulness - and because we were still paying for inferior toys, we may have rationalized that it was just part of DR's poor website and fulfillment practices, and Scott's bombastic personality.

But how much did Scott's presence *upset* people, really? I feel like, had the product been stellar from 2012-2014, the Scott hate would not have gotten as bad as it did. It certainly wasn't something people did a lot prior to 2012. And while Scott is gone, 2015 is *his* work and everything coming down the pipe until Classics is over is Scott's doing, but people are loving it because Brandon has restored our faith in the only part of this hobby that means anything after the package lands in your lap:

The toys.

And the toys are better again. The 4H are seeing their design work *properly* adapted to mass-production, and you can feel the artistry in a line that, for a long while, was a poor representation of their genius.

The toys are back in town. And the people rejoiced!
    My 2016 Wishlist:

KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug, Zilora
    CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Lizzor
    RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero Prototype, Zodaq (4H 200x Concept)
    STRIDOR, Attak-Trak, Roton, Night Stalker

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I know people like to say that Rueben ruined a lot of figures with his choices etc, but he also worked on a lot of excellent figures.

Ram Man
    Modulok
    Icer
    Fang-Man
    Castaspella
    Mantenna
    Dactus
    Horde Troopers
    Two Bad
    Scorpia

Also I'm guessing he worked on the Battle Ram/Sky Sled and Castke Grayskull.

So not all bad
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I know people like to say that Rueben ruined a lot of figures with his choices etc, but he also worked on a lot of excellent figures.

Two Bad
    I'll concede all but Two-Bad. Their shield is an abomination, and the 4H even scoffed at it.

As a rebuttal, Ruben also fat-suited the following figures:

Seahawk
    Snake Face
    Sky High
    Goatman
    Hydron
    Galactic Skeletor
    Rio Blast's Armor is a complete crap-up.

Double Trouble's Butterfaces

The complete assassination of Frosta

Blastic issues (which may or may not have been ruben's fault, but are part of his run on the line:
    Spikor
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Vykron

There's plenty of poorly executed figures that have Ruben's muddy bootstamp on them.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug, Zilora
    CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Lizzor
    RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero Prototype, Zodaq (4H 200x Concept)
    STRIDOR, Attak-Trak, Roton, Night Stalker

1. We wouldn't be here today without Scott. I would shake his hand and thank him for this reason alone if I ever met him.

2. Dare I say it...but the Digital River complaints have seemed to drop off significantly.

3. Scott basically "sold" us on Brandon from the get-go (with the webbing of Lizard Man).

4. Brandon is already 1000x better than Ruben in this position. He seems to truly understand how to go that extra step. (That being said, Modulok and Mantenna are incredible and I believe they were Ruben's babies)

5. While Mattel is a business, it now doesn't feel like every bit of info or video or reveal is a sales pitch. Brandon's videos are great because you can see how proud he is to show off his work. The 4H are as excited about these figures as we are!

6. We were all depressed because the line was ending and it was thrown on us like we were in danger of not finishing the line. The fans of MOTUC were at an alltime low and then we get teased with Point Dread and a new 200x sub. (And, if rumors are true, a certain slithering mountain may find its way into the line). Show us Point Dread, Stridor, and Snake Mountain and you've just brought your line from life support to firing on all cylinders once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    My feeling is that Ruben, not Scott, was what really tore us apart the last few years.

Scott's "antics" were tolerable when the figures we were getting were near-flawless under Terry Higuchi. Once Ruben started making every figure a chore to love, *everything* was magnified in it's awfulness - and because we were still paying for inferior toys, we may have rationalized that it was just part of DR's poor website and fulfillment practices, and Scott's bombastic personality.

But how much did Scott's presence *upset* people, really? I feel like, had the product been stellar from 2012-2014, the Scott hate would not have gotten as bad as it did. It certainly wasn't something people did a lot prior to 2012. And while Scott is gone, 2015 is *his* work and everything coming down the pipe until Classics is over is Scott's doing, but people are loving it because Brandon has restored our faith in the only part of this hobby that means anything after the package lands in your lap:

The toys.

And the toys are better again. The 4H are seeing their design work *properly* adapted to mass-production, and you can feel the artistry in a line that, for a long while, was a poor representation of their genius.

This is my feeling as well.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Let's not call Scorpio or the Horde Troopers excellent. There was a lot of backlash about them when they came out too. Scorpio has the bad skirt issue and the Troopers had the issue of the chest armor sitting too low, exposing too much of the head. Also, a lot of people weren't thrilled about the non-removable battle damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

Ram Man
    Modulok
    Icer
    Fang-Man
    Castaspella
    Mantenna
    Dactus
    Horde Troopers
    Two Bad
    Scorpia

Also I'm guessing he worked on the Battle Ram/Sky Sled and Castke Grayskull.

So not all bad

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    1) I thought I'd do a list format too.

2) I'm not as big a fan of Brandon's videos as most seem to be. Scott may have been manic and never missed a chance to sell, but he seemed to really be excited about the characters and the line every time he talked about it. I don't feel that same interest in MOTU as a property in Brandon. He's doing a great job at his actual "Job" as the figures so far are looking great, but I think he's interested in the MOTUC line as toys and not as vehicles for the MOTU story at large. To be honest I'm not all that convinced, based on the videos, that he's really all that well informed about MOTU as a property. Maybe I'm wrong, I've obviously not spoken with him and in the short term it doesn't even matter since all Brandon has to do is make sure our figures keep looking so nice, but...

3) ...do we know who's going to be stumping for characters in the 2016 line? Did Scott try to set some of that up before leaving as well, or will it be Brandon, or the 4-H?

4) It will be interesting to see if the more lax attitude towards selling this go around ends up with things being pulled. Will no meter and no panic speak mean fewer subs sold and a failure to launch? Hate it as much as well all did, the scare tactics did equal additional sales in the long run. I'd hate to have traded anxiety for regret.

Anyway, I don't mean to be a downer, I'm also very excited about the line. Can't wait to see Rotar and Twistoid eventually, Filmation Teela (if real) is probably the smartest variant they could have made at this point, Point Dread is exciting and hopefully means a Talon Fighter on the horizon.

I'm just a tad concerned about that too... I mean, they didnt do much selling/scare tactics at all for the MOTU Minis, and plop, it failed. It could be that they're thinking, 'put it up, if it sells it sells, lets not do the whole meter thing', but if it doesnt hit the numbers they want they'll just say "oh well, it failed, sorry."

Which I dearly HOPE is not the case, of course! And though I don't care about Filmation variants and probably dont have space for playsets, I am very glad to see people excited about the line!

Personally I see it more as going out with a bang! I'm super excited for the rest of the year but we were told this is the end. I'm interested to see what the rebranding does or what Mattel has up their sleeves for the future of MOTU but I think that right now is a fitting closing rather than a new dawn. We'll save that for next year hopefully.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    THere does seem to be an upbeat tone right now, but I think there are a lot of reasons for that.

It is true that TG could be a polarizing force; the man who sat down and often got downright snarky on the keyboard was not the same excited, relatable fanboy we saw in video form. Add in the not so occasional bits of erroneous information and misstatements and repeated use of little catch phrases well known to incite the fans, and you had needless friction and drama. Then again, one must conceded that we likely would not have the line, much less Castle Grayskull, if TG had not been overseeing things. As some have pointed out, whatever happens this year is part of the plans he laid out.

As for Reuben, there was justifiable frustration with problems that seem to have miraculously fixed themselves soon after his departure, the female skirts/trunks among the most notable. THen again, much of what was laid at his feet may have been beyond his control. The fat armor was most likely a result of a change in materials (cheaper plastic that didn't shrink at the expected rate), and blastic was a cost saving stunt he may have had no power to stop. Then again, an egregious blunder like Rio Blast's chest armor flap is absolutely unforgivable and inexcusable, and it is hard to envision anyone in the industry looking at that and saying, "Yep, that looks fine." The change to Brandon seems to have, at least thus far, overcome a lot of that. Little things like the clever use of translucent plastic for the webs of Lizard Man's hands gave him a good start and gives folks the impression he's taking the work seriously and creatively. THe aforementioned fixed skirts/trunks for the ladies is also a major feather in his cap (although that could be simply a case of having to finally replace the too-long female crotch mold with a properly sized one, the former being the reason for the granny panty/skirt look being necessary). and what we've seen so far this year looks really, really good; the figures are well done. THe videos he's done have also set a good tone. While still not terribly comfortable in front of the camera, he comes off as genuine and really seems to enjoy the work he's done as he's showing it off. There's an actual charm there, like an excited but slightly nervous kid showing off his newest arts and crafts project. He's also fairly matter of fact about the stuff, leaving little reason for controversy.

And that last point seems to be creeping into the communications we see from Matty, as well. Answers seem to be just answers, no snark, no spin, and that's good. Treating adult collectors like adults is the way to market his line (although, let's admit, there are times some of us may not score very high on the "actign like a mature adult" scale, and that includes the grumpy old dragon).

Additionally, and I fear jinxing this, even DR seems to be avoiding a major blunder so far this year. I'm subbing again with them despite a REALLY bad experience with Matty a few years back, and so far the only glitch is having my first shipment not show up on the order history page (though it arrived fine and was trackable through the email they sent). My actual faith in DR is virtually non-existent, even now, but so far, no problems, and I haven't heard of any widespread issues yet this year (yes, it's only February, but DR has been known to make their first huge disaster of the year that early on at least a couple of occasions ). If the rest of the year is without major kerfuffle, I'll be a happy old dragon.

Lastly, there seems to be a sense that this might not be it for the line. The rather negative campaign slant leading into this years subbing set a bad tone, methinks. Having the Horsemen standing there at Toy Fair almost beaming about what they still have up their sleeves for 2016 helped change that tone a bit, and no one we're seeing now is acting like they are heading for an eventual funeral.

It is kind of nice that what folks were looking on with mixed feelings as the end of the line seems to be turning around a little bit. That things are going well at the moment has a lot to do with that. Now, if there is a major problem, we may see a lot of that happy feeling evaporate quickly, but we live in hope. A good year could significantly bolster the possibilities for 2016 happening, so let's all hope the smooth sailing continues...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The PR has improved ten-fold, and that indeed has helped lift my spirits. We're also getting quality figure after quality figure. There's been a significant change since the disappointing Double Trouble Summer 2014 days, and it too is refreshing. Not having someone make you feel like "this is the best you're getting, be thankful!", "there's all kinds of red tape preventing you from getting X, Y, and Z and NONE of it makes a lick of business sense", "not even going to bother to try to correct issues fans have been bringing up because other people are making those decisions and I am powerless to communicate to them what customers expect", ...shall I go on?
    It's just like someone bust open all the doors and windows in Castle Grayskull and let in some of that fresh Evergreen Forest air... LOL.
    Morale on the boards has improved. It might not be because of one person, but it's been a series of events over the past several months that has made collecting this line seem like fun again with an eye towards the future that we haven't had in quite some time. It actually feels like our suggestions could become plastic reality a year from now... and more importantly, that we might actually be very pleased with the finished products instead of tearing them down the moment they are revealed because of all kinds of misinterpretations and design flaws.

Also, it might be more appropriate to call this the Dawn Of A New Masters Of The Universe Era.
    Classics era is on it's way out.
    There's other things contributing to my contentment as a He-Fan that AREN'T being produced by Mattel: the DC Comics series has seriously improved with the Blood Of Grayskull wrap-up of the regular series and now with The Eternity War we're heading into an amazing new era. I mean, seriously: who EVER thought you would see, on a comic book store shelf, an issue of He-Man featuring SHE-RA fighting CATRA AND SCORPIA in a sky battle?! That should blow people's minds!
    The Tweeterhead busts line, though still in it's infancy, promises to bring us amazing sculpts of characters in a style we haven't quite seen before. They are QUITE different from what NECA was producing years back and I love what we've been shown so far.
    There still seems to be some Icon Heroes stuff in the works, from what Baena has hinted at. Let's not forget that Masters stuff!
    And... there's going to be a movie. Finally.
    It's a fun time to be here again.
    Last edited by zodak74; February 27, 2015 at 10:03am.
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post

The toys.

Digital River's medieval customer service was a huge factor, and frankly Toy Guru CAUSED a lot of stress by pushing and twisting the facts with his exasperated style, even when we could see he wasn't always being frank with us. And pushing himself over MOTU with 2 figures of himself.

There are a lot of factors. I won't put it on one person. But I've never felt as optimistic about MOTUC as I have this month!
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    THere does seem to be an upbeat tone right now, but I think there are a lot of reasons for that.

It is true that TG could be a polarizing force; the man who sat down and often got downright snarky on the keyboard was not the same excited, relatable fanboy we saw in video form. Add in the not so occasional bits of erroneous information and misstatements and repeated use of little catch phrases well known to incite the fans, and you had needless friction and drama. Then again, one must conceded that we likely would not have the line, much less Castle Grayskull, if TG had not been overseeing things. As some have pointed out, whatever happens this year is part of the plans he laid out.

As for Reuben, there was justifiable frustration with problems that seem to have miraculously fixed themselves soon after his departure, the female skirts/trunks among the most notable. THen again, much of what was laid at his feet may have been beyond his control. The fat armor was most likely a result of a change in materials (cheaper plastic that didn't shrink at the expected rate), and blastic was a cost saving stunt he may have had no power to stop. Then again, an egregious blunder like Rio Blast's chest armor flap is absolutely unforgivable and inexcusable, and it is hard to envision anyone in the industry looking at that and saying, "Yep, that looks fine." The change to Brandon seems to have, at least thus far, overcome a lot of that. Little things like the clever use of translucent plastic for the webs of Lizard Man's hands gave him a good start and gives folks the impression he's taking the work seriously and creatively. THe aforementioned fixed skirts/trunks for the ladies is also a major feather in his cap (although that could be simply a case of having to finally replace the too-long female crotch mold with a properly sized one, the former being the reason for the granny panty/skirt look being necessary). and what we've seen so far this year looks really, really good; the figures are well done. THe videos he's done have also set a good tone. While still not terribly comfortable in front of the camera, he comes off as genuine and really seems to enjoy the work he's done as he's showing it off. There's an actual charm there, like an excited but slightly nervous kid showing off his newest arts and crafts project. He's also fairly matter of fact about the stuff, leaving little reason for controversy.

And that last point seems to be creeping into the communications we see from Matty, as well. Answers seem to be just answers, no snark, no spin, and that's good. Treating adult collectors like adults is the way to market his line (although, let's admit, there are times some of us may not score very high on the "actign like a mature adult" scale, and that includes the grumpy old dragon).

Additionally, and I fear jinxing this, even DR seems to be avoiding a major blunder so far this year. I'm subbing again with them despite a REALLY bad experience with Matty a few years back, and so far the only glitch is having my first shipment not show up on the order history page (though it arrived fine and was trackable through the email they sent). My actual faith in DR is virtually non-existent, even now, but so far, no problems, and I haven't heard of any widespread issues yet this year (yes, it's only February, but DR has been known to make their first huge disaster of the year that early on at least a couple of occasions ). If the rest of the year is without major kerfuffle, I'll be a happy old dragon.

Lastly, there seems to be a sense that this might not be it for the line. The rather negative campaign slant leading into this years subbing set a bad tone, methinks. Having the Horsemen standing there at Toy Fair almost beaming about what they still have up their sleeves for 2016 helped change that tone a bit, and no one we're seeing now is acting like they are heading for an eventual funeral.

It is kind of nice that what folks were looking on with mixed feelings as the end of the line seems to be turning around a little bit. That things are going well at the moment has a lot to do with that. Now, if there is a major problem, we may see a lot of that happy feeling evaporate quickly, but we live in hope. A good year could significantly bolster the possibilities for 2016 happening, so let's all hope the smooth sailing continues...
    Well said, Metzger!

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I think Brandon's great in those videos and Scott was fine too, but what I really like in the newer videos is that my impression is they focus more on the figure I want to see and not the speaker.

I've definitely noticed the "tone" change in the videos, the Q&As, even the Facebook posts. I always liked Scott, but got very frustrated with his approach to the line and to interacting with fans. I think the main difference with him and Brandon is that Scott always approached the line from a sales/marketing perspective and Brandon is presenting stuff from a designer/artist perspective. It makes a huge difference.

I am more excited for this brand than I have been in a long time and that's even with a majority of products that I am not personally interested in (like POP and Filmation). Something like 200X that I have never really been interested in has me tempted to sub for it. That says a lot about the approach that Matty is taking in winning over the fans.

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Delivery is 90% of the message. Bad news delivered well is tolerable. Good news delivered bad can change the message entirely.
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 3 more that need updating:

Saurod
    Dragstor
    Perfuma

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting times. I think the apparent positivity is not just about new treats like the 200X sub, but also because of the Vintage wrap-up. Having that doubt removed was a big step when we learned this year's main sub was going through. The new chilled-out Mattel is helping too. I think we should wait for the next reveals before getting too excited though.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I think the tone of things really has changed and become calmer. Brandon's videos are more zen and more low-key that TG's. We aren't constantly refreshing a thermometer for the 200X sub. The answers to the questions that we've gotten from Mattel have been more relaxed in tone, and even a bit playful. I don't know how much of this has to do with this being the final year of the line in the current incarnation, and how much of it is due to personnel change, but I like it a lot. Collecting felt pretty stressful the last couple of years, and it feels like it's fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Personally I see it more as going out with a bang! I'm super excited for the rest of the year but we were told this is the end. I'm interested to see what the rebranding does or what Mattel has up their sleeves for the future of MOTU but I think that right now is a fitting closing rather than a new dawn. We'll save that for next year hopefully.
    This is how I view it as well. Going out with a giant bang. With A listers done, I just don't see a "new dawn" for MOTUC. I just think mattel is trying to do right by the customers, and giving us as much as possible, without all the sales "doom and gloom", which is what we've complained about in the past.

It's just a nice way to end the line....great toys with much less stress
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer Jim View Post
    I'm just a tad concerned about that too... I mean, they didnt do much selling/scare tactics at all for the MOTU Minis, and plop, it failed. It could be that they're thinking, 'put it up, if it sells it sells, lets not do the whole meter thing', but if it doesnt hit the numbers they want they'll just say "oh well, it failed, sorry."

Which I dearly HOPE is not the case, of course! And though I don't care about Filmation variants and probably dont have space for playsets, I am very glad to see people excited about the line!
    I think they'll keep fans alerted. After all, Classics is the only source of new product for Matty. No Classics, no Matty.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    For the last couple of years, I was indifferent to the line continuing or not. I still subbed, but I just didn't care. Now that Scott and Reuben are gone, the figures have gotten so much better and the communication is so much friendlier and not condescending. Now, I'm actually enjoying collecting MotU again. Everything is way more positive, and Eric and Cornboy's comments from Toyfair are very promising for the future of the brand and the MotUC style of figures.

As for other media, I stopped reading the comics after the first mini-series because I thought it was garbage. I'm sure it's gotten a lot better with Dan Abnett taking over, but I'm still not going to read it because it's still a continuation of the original storyline. If there's a new MotU comic that stays true to what MotU really is, I'd check it out. As for the movie, I'll wait and see on that.

Anyway, I'm as excited or more excited about the figures now than I was when the line first started.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Jonas.