Thread: MattyCollector Convention figure sale

MattyCollector Convention figure sale

EDIT: Link to the sales page:
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...rID.6403269008

24-Hour #TBT Convention Sale on 4/2
    Hot Figures from Past Cons at 20% Off!
    Posted by Admin on March 30th, 2015

By Eve O.
    July is just a few months away and with it comes the mother of all conventions, San Diego Comic Con. But before we dive head first into the insanity, we’re taking a moment to look back at past cons with a special 24-hour sale.
    Not only are hard-to-get favorites included, they’re all 20% off! Some of these items are available in extremely small quantities, so there are no exchanges, refunds only. Here’s the full list of items we’ll have:
    #TBT Convention Sale 4/2 9 a.m. PT – 4/3 9 a.m. PT
    Masters of the Universe« Classics Goat Man™
    Masters of the Universe« Classics Hordak™ with Imp
    Masters of the Universe« Classics Mini He-Man« & Skeletor« Figures
    Masters of the Universe« Classics Mo-Larr vs Skeletor«
    Masters of the Universe« Classics Strobo
    BATMAN Classic TV Series Batman™ Batusi Batman™
    Batman™ Arkham Knight Batmobile
    DC Comics Total Heroes™ Ultra Cyborg
    DC Man of Steel™ Movie Masters« Superman™ vs. General Zod Movie Pack
    DCU Classics Doomsday
    DCU Signature Collection “Shazam!” New 52
    The whole thing only lasts 24 hours and with limited quantities available, you’ll want to get there early to ensure the best selection. And remember, this is just the beginning of the 2015 con season and there’s plenty of big news coming so check back often! You can also click here to register for email updates and product info, and join us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and in our Fan Forums.

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...off/#more-6391

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    A good chance for people who have missed out.

Especially on Mo-Larr
    We were specifically told that Dare would not be in 2014-2015, see the words straight from Scott here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...808#9101046808

That's cool. I have all of them but great for those that don't. I wonder how many people will buy Mo-larr just for the Skeletor!

That's a really cool opportunity!

Nothing I need, but a great opportunity for those that still need some of them.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Glad to see them not only clearing this stuff out, but clearing it out at 20% off, too!
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I never did get around to grabbing a Goat Man...
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I never did get around to grabbing a Goat Man...
    you should, he's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    you should, he's fantastic!
    At 20% off, this would be the time to do it...
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Widget
    I know it should be exciting that their doing this sale, but I've got to admit to feeling a little bitter. I mean, it's great and all for those who missed out, but am I the only one who feels a slight kick in the pants over actually spending full price at the conventions or the post convention online sale? I mean, what's the point of an exclusive if, in fact, it isn't. Oh, and by the way, if you're patient enough you can get it for 20% off?!?!?! I know they're trying to unload stuff and still trying to make it feel "exclusive" due to the sale "only lasting 24 hours" (until the NEXT #tbt convention sale) but it still kind of sucks for the long haul supporters. I wonder how many people would have NOT purchased any of these "con-exclusives" had they known that eventually they could get said exclusives at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    That's cool. I have all of them but great for those that don't. I wonder how many people will buy Mo-larr just for the Skeletor!
    Heck i'm going to buy Mo-larr just for Mo-larr. He's One of the 15 figures I still need!

GLTA looking for any other figures listed!

Heroic Warrior
    what a nice idea, I'm actually pretty tempted to get a Mo-Larr

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Sweet, I still need Goat Man & Filmation Hordak. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trap-JAWart View Post
    I know it should be exciting that their doing this sale, but I've got to admit to feeling a little bitter. I mean, it's great and all for those who missed out, but am I the only one who feels a slight kick in the pants over actually spending full price at the conventions or the post convention online sale? I mean, what's the point of an exclusive if, in fact, it isn't. Oh, and by the way, if you're patient enough you can get it for 20% off?!?!?! I know they're trying to unload stuff and still trying to make it feel "exclusive" due to the sale "only lasting 24 hours" (until the NEXT #tbt convention sale) but it still kind of sucks for the long haul supporters. I wonder how many people would have NOT purchased any of these "con-exclusives" had they known that eventually they could get said exclusives at a discount.
    You know what? When you buy collectibles, it's always a gamble. Sometimes the items will sell out immediately and roar up in price. Sometimes the manufacturers have a hard time ever unloading them.

Notice that Cherry Flavored Hordak isn't on the list.

You can't completely blame Matty for sometimes making figures which we don't buy.

I never felt a rush to buy Goat Man. I'll probably grab him this week, at a discount. All is proceeding according to my plan. Bwahahahahahaha!

On the other hand, I regret grabbing Total Justice Cyborg last year. He's just not a good figure.

Yeah I could use another Goat .Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-JAWart View Post
    Considering the alternative is possibly not getting them or instead of 20% off paying 200% or more on the aftermarket? Nope, no regret buying them the first time around here. Now, if these had been on sale last week or even last month, and now they're 20% off, yeah that would be annoying as heck (and it's happened to me a lot of times... I've learned the inconvenient way never buy something at retail on Saturday unless it's on sale, because you never know what will happen on Sunday).

It's funny - while people may be lucky enough to get Goat Man at 20% off - we don't know what that means. If it means 20% off the current base price of $27 then - it's pretty much the same as we paid when we bought him for $25 right?

Also, what is the base price for Mo-Larr 2-pack to which the 20% discount will apply? I'm confident it will be more than the $10 I paid for 4 Mo-Larr 2-packs at Big Lots 2 years ago.

Yeah I need a couple. They better not sell out in under a minute. Wish kowl and lookee was in there as well.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    It's funny - while people may be lucky enough to get Goat Man at 20% off - we don't know what that means. If it means 20% off the current base price of $27 then - it's pretty much the same as we paid when we bought him for $25 right?
    20% off of $27 is actually $21 and change ($27-$5.40 = $21.60), so it's still a deal...

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post

Also, what is the base price for Mo-Larr 2-pack to which the 20% discount will apply? I'm confident it will be more than the $10 I paid for 4 Mo-Larr 2-packs at Big Lots 2 years ago.
    Well, 20% off of $27 is actually $21.60. So that's actually 14% cheaper than the original price of $25 (not that figures are going for $25 anymore, so that's not really an issue). In fact, if you look at recent sold listings on eBay for Goat Man MOC, he is averaging between $35 and $45. Compare that to $21.60 plus shipping, and that looks like a deal to me.

And unless you happen to know where someone can come across Molarr 2-packs on Big Lots shelves today, that's also pretty much a non-issue. Many people weren't collecting 2 years ago. Many weren't able to find any deals (because people were buying up 4 sets of 2-packs, for instance). Many just didn't live anywhere near a Big Lots store (like our international fans).

And oh-by-the-way, that Skeletor buck looks an awful lot more appealing now than it did then. That alone could entice people to snag the 2-pack.

To sum it up, we all appreciate your snark-but it is almost wholly misplaced, illogical, and uninformed in this scenario. Thanks for playing!
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I missed my Strobo because of a mail system snafu that sent the package back to Matty (and since by then the item was "no longer available", DR wouldn't send the package back to me and they just refunded me for the order). So finally I'll be able to get him (and this time I'll make sure to order a couple of them in separate packages). Plus I also need additional Hordak+Imp's.

But why, oh, why did they have to choose this already hyperexpensive month to do this? With the must-have $25 Filmation Sountrack CD, must-have $35 Hover Robots, and must-have Mattel Art Book (collector edition over $100) all set to be released in rapid succession during in April (and I need two of each!), where are we supposed to get the funds to afford all of this, when half of it has been announced sometimes just a couple weeks or mere days before going on sale? Why is it so difficult for Matty to give us some advance warning of what's coming ahead?

Someone please get me an Orko hat that I can magically take a few green wads out of.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Sweet, never got Hordak with Imp, pitty cherry hordak isnt there or the daily stuff not reduced, still holding out for the battle ram to be cheaper.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Hey, shouldn't the Comet Warriors (Rokkon and Stonedar) be there? I forget when they were released. Weren't they travelling convention items?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The Rock Warriors were SDCC.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Hey, shouldn't the Comet Warriors (Rokkon and Stonedar) be there? I forget when they were released. Weren't they travelling convention items?
    Maybe they actually sold out and/or have too small a quantity to sell? They've gone up a couple of times since their SDCC, if memory serves.