Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC General Sunder options to transform into a HT

CC General Sunder options to transform into a HT

Matty promise some kind of horde trooper come back. Can we push so this figure come with alternate head an chest armor to convert into a trooper? do you think something like it is already in Matty plans?

Quote Originally Posted by notaniceboy View Post
    Matty promise some kind of horde trooper come back. Can we push so this figure come with alternate head an chest armor to convert into a trooper? do you think something like it is already in Matty plans?
    Nope I have seen the sculpt Sunder has a different torso than the Horde Trooper and then an armor piece with a cape attached. If anything Sunder should come with an unhelmeted head of himself. Let mattel reissue the Horde Trooper itself and leave sunder alone.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by notaniceboy View Post
    Matty promise some kind of horde trooper come back.
    They did? I must have missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    They did? I must have missed that.
    I think he meant will Horde Troopers make a comeback via Sunder. Let's not be petty with someone whose first language might not be english.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

In an earlier Q&A, Mattel strongly implied that Sunder would come with parts to turn him into a Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    If anything Sunder should come with an unhelmeted head of himself. Let mattel reissue the Horde Trooper itself and leave sunder alone.
    I could not agree with this statement more.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    In an earlier Q&A, Mattel strongly implied that Sunder would come with parts to turn him into a Trooper.
    can you repost that Q&A? because NO ONE is going to buy a bunch of General sunders just to make horde troopers when it would be easier for mattel to just reissue the Horde Troopers themselves.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

I remember that too actually.

can you repost that Q&A? because NO ONE is going to buy a bunch of General sunders just to make horde troopers when it would be easier for mattel to just reissue the Horde Troopers themselves.
    I certainly would buy a few Sunders to make more Horde Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I certainly would buy a few Sunders to make more Horde Troopers.

So would I, honestly what would be the difference price wise? At least this way you're getting an additional Sunder and or Horde Trooper head, which ever way you'd like your figure to swing
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    So would I, honestly what would be the difference price wise? At least this way you're getting an additional Sunder and or Horde Trooper head, which ever way you'd like your figure to swing
    And a whole lot more shipping and tax..

I would be pleased with the unhelmeted head, I already coughed up cash for a custom of the standard Sundar head so would like the alternative.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    If General Sunder is going to come with ANY extra head, THIS is the way I'd rather they go:

General Sunder.jpg

Just saying. :^)

YES! Sunder needs a second head without helmet!
    And a Horde Trooper could come back later on a single card with diferent extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    YES! Sunder needs a second head without helmet!
    And a Horde Trooper could come back later on a single card with diferent extras.

Agreed ^^^^

5. Wakko: Has Mattel considered doing a second run of the under-produced Horde Trooper 2-pack? Other options could be releasing the Horde Trooper as a single-carded figure that includes alternate heads for General Sunder, Filmation Hordak and/or Filmation He-Man. Doing so would please fans who were unable to purchase the Horde Troopers the first time, and also entice collectors with an "all-new" figure thanks to the alternate head(s).

Great idea! Wish we would have thought of that. (Hint hint)

It's question #5

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-WTFWTK-2-139!

Just pack in an alt chest plate & head and I'll by a bunch!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

I'd prefer they make a standalone single-packed Horde Trooper release and give Sunder more cartoo -accurate legs.

Not a fan of those robotic pieces on him...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think he meant will Horde Troopers make a comeback via Sunder. Let's not be petty with someone whose first language might not be english.
    I'm not being petty at all. I just think when people use the words "Matty" and "promise" in the same sentence further clarification needs to happen. Because we all know that those 2 words are never uttered together.

5. Wakko: Has Mattel considered doing a second run of the under-produced Horde Trooper 2-pack? Other options could be releasing the Horde Trooper as a single-carded figure that includes alternate heads for General Sunder, Filmation Hordak and/or Filmation He-Man. Doing so would please fans who were unable to purchase the Horde Troopers the first time, and also entice collectors with an "all-new" figure thanks to the alternate head(s).

Great idea! Wish we would have thought of that. (Hint hint)

It's question #5

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-WTFWTK-2-139!

Ok there is nothing in your question or mattels answer that suggests General sunder would come with extra parts to create the Horde trooper.

What you asked was "Has Mattel considered doing a second run of the under-produced Horde Trooper 2-pack? Other options could be releasing the Horde Trooper as a single-carded figure that includes alternate heads for General Sunder, Filmation Hordak and/or Filmation He-Man"

Mattels repsonce was "Great idea! Wish we would have thought of that. (Hint hint)"

So mattel will probably reissue the horde trooper with different parts or maybe even a few new heads, But nothing was ever suggested that General Sunder would come with parts be converted into a horde trooper in your question or Mattels response
    Last edited by mjw41; July 25, 2015 at 04:14pm.

Ok there is nothing in your question or mattels answer that suggests General sunder would come with extra parts to create the Horde trooper.

What you asked was "Has Mattel considered doing a second run of the under-produced Horde Trooper 2-pack? Other options could be releasing the Horde Trooper as a single-carded figure that includes alternate heads for General Sunder, Filmation Hordak and/or Filmation He-Man"

Mattels repsonce was "Great idea! Wish we would have thought of that. (Hint hint)"

So mattel will probably reissue the horde trooper with different parts or maybe even a few new heads, But nothing was ever suggested that General Sunder would come with parts be converted into a horde trooper in your question or Mattels response
    What difference does it make? Either way, were going to get another shot at Troopers, and now that Sunder has been announced, chances are HE'S the one coming with alternate head(s).

What difference does it make? Either way, were going to get another shot at Troopers, and now that Sunder has been announced, chances are HE'S the one coming with alternate head(s).

What difference does it make? It makes a lot of difference because you mislead people by saying " in a Q & A Mattel strongly implied that Sunder would come with parts to turn him into a Trooper. Now we see your Q & A question never asked mattel that and Mattels reply to your question Never strongly implied that Sunder would come with parts to turn him into a Trooper.

I have seen the General Sunder sculpt and his Torso, chest armor and crotch armor is not same as the Horde Trooper. The only reuse of parts sunder shares with the Horde Trooper is the Arms & legs. Sunders Gun Holsters and guns weren't shown in the horsemens pics on their website because cornboy stated they weren't sculpted yet. If General sunder comes with an alternate head I hope it's his unhelmeted head showing his face.

Last edited by mjw41; July 25, 2015 at 04:13pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think at this point it is clear that Matty knows we want more Horde Troopers. I think they'll release the existing mold somehow because the Sunder sculpt is different than the troopers we've already received.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Off the top of my head, there are two big differences standing out that make this option far less desirable than a proper re-release of the Troopers:

1) Sunder uses a human torso, so a Sunder-Trooper wouldn't actually match the existing Troopers.

2) Including a second head and second armor piece is going to cut into Sunder's budget a lot, meaning there's no way we're getting those and all the Horde Trooper weapons, let alone anything unique for Sunder himself. One of the awesome things about the HT 2 pack was the arsenal those guys came with; it would kind of stuck to be reduced to just the baton or just the dragon staff.

Essentially, I guess I feel that asking for Sunder to double as a Horde Trooper is basically asking Matty to deliberately half-ass the re-issue of the Horde Trooper, and I would really prefer to wait a little longer and make sure they do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefall View Post
    Off the top of my head, there are two big differences standing out that make this option far less desirable than a proper re-release of the Troopers:

1) Sunder uses a human torso, so a Sunder-Trooper wouldn't actually match the existing Troopers.

2) Including a second head and second armor piece is going to cut into Sunder's budget a lot, meaning there's no way we're getting those and all the Horde Trooper weapons, let alone anything unique for Sunder himself. One of the awesome things about the HT 2 pack was the arsenal those guys came with; it would kind of stuck to be reduced to just the baton or just the dragon staff.

Essentially, I guess I feel that asking for Sunder to double as a Horde Trooper is basically asking Matty to deliberately half-ass the re-issue of the Horde Trooper, and I would really prefer to wait a little longer and make sure they do it right.
    I agree 100%