Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Huntara Video Review by Pixel Dan!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar

MOTUC Huntara Video Review by Pixel Dan!

I didn't see this one here, so let's take a closer look to this amazing warrior.

She's pretty awesome! Glad she's being released the same time as Oo-Larr so he can have his axe straight away!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Huntara turned out quite good. Looking forward to getting her soon.

Thanks for the review Dan.

<3

Who will be the first to customize her as Grace Jones?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

1284680742_5335-1.jpeg

"I don't like people who hide things. We're not perfect, we all have things that people might not like to see, and I like to show my faults. I believe in individuality, that everybody is special, and it's up to them to find that quality and let it live."

- Grace Jones

Well, her bikini area seems to no longer be an issue...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Awesome figure - can't wait to add her to my collection!! Only gripe apart from the head looking too friendly lol, is that we didn't get a 2nd hooded head - but other than that, she looks excellent
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Good review! She turned out great. My only gripe is her face. I am going to remove and re-draw her eyebrows into a more sinister arc. Her face is way too plain.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Gosh, I didn't even want a Huntara in the line....but she turned out really good. Looking forward to getting her in the sub!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this! And glad you enjoyed the video!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    She looks amazing! She's definitely a hero!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Jonas.

Widget
    Blue and black armor? Wait, don't you mean WHITE and GOLD?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Another great review Dan!

Only critique is the mic on the audio from the camera still seems to be a bit low when you were on screen. If you can find a way to balance it better that would be great. Thanks for your and Stinas Hard Work!

By the way, your Toyfair coverage was insanely awesome and thorough. The hard work and sacrifice can be seen. Who was your camera man in New York? Was it Val? I think I saw a picture of him with you.. If you aren't careful, some Toy company or Pop culture Media outlet is going to give you lots of money too gush about toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Buddy, You got some updates to do on your sig !

Latest MOTU Classics Videos :

Hydron.................. ????????????

Anyway, AWESOME as usual !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Not a character I was ever too bothered about but the figure looks great! Face seems a little too friendly but still nice.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OldeWorldSmith View Post
    I see the blue, but I can't see how that can be black.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Jonas.

Quote Originally Posted by OldeWorldSmith View Post
    Oh no! That is not happening here too
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

This figure has turned out very nice indeed. Interesting pick up on the feet - just goes to show the 4H are clearly being given lots more leniency with sculpting to create new, character specific parts where in the past compromise by part-reuse would have been the clear rule (pity that Blast Attak seems to be the exception to this new tendency and the old rule applies, meaning he cannot split down the middle ).

The thing I loved in the video was the surprise inclusion of Oo-Larr's battle axe. A nice little cameo there! Still, the commentary seemed a little funny in saying that as Oo-Larr is the subscription exclusive if you don't have him, Huntara gets the axe. As Huntara has no DOS, it effectively makes her sub exclusive also so if you have Huntara, you will have Oo-Larr!

Anyway, the figure looks awesome. Thanks for the review.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Huntara looks amazing! I remember wondering when I was a kid why she never got an action figure. Her one and only episode always stood out to me. I remember when I was about 7 I wrote a letter to Santa Clause asking him to bring me a Huntara figure. That never happened obviously, but now my childhood dream has been realized and I couldn't be happier!

Thank you so much Dan for another amazing review!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

looks cool, but she won over lord maske? SMH!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Great review Dan.

Huntara looks great! I was really happy that she won the vote. She's just a really great unique character. It's a shame the blades on her swords aren't removable. The swords look kinda bad when attached to her back.

Masque who??

Every time I see that stock photo of Frosta in her correct deco on the back of the cards, I cry a little.

In a year lovingly packed full of vintage must have's Huntara beams through the din like a ray of light. I can't say I have a particular affinity for the character- beyond loving the fact that she's different than what we've been getting and by her very nature more obscure- but The Horsemen as usual have imbued her with style and pizazz. Another great review, Dan!

My only two complaints about this figure are of the usual sort already mentioned liberally throughout this and other threads. It would have been nice to be able to detach the 'light saber' effect from both blades and store just the handles on her back, and she really needed her alternate masked head. Otherwise she looks great.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I was SO livid when Masque lost to Huntara in the Fan Vote that year... but she turned out to be an impressive figure and I am happy to have her. Here's hoping Lord Masque comes out just as good as she did... in 2016 (le sigh...).
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

As Huntaras biggest fan. I am over the moon to see her in plastic. And she looks fantastic.

The rhyme wasn't intentional. But halfway through I realised and still went with it.

So psyched for her, and I'm SO glad that she has the thigh swivels!
    A Want List of Sorts: Saurod, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Veena, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.