Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Power Con exclusive re-decos would you like to see?

Heroic Warrior

What Power Con exclusive re-decos would you like to see?

I love that Power Con is giving us a chance at getting redecos that are otherwise not possible since each SKU is so valuable. List which redecos you'd like to see. I would love to see if any of the Con people could chime in as to whether enough funds can be generated eventually to purchase a unique tool or 2 for a character(s) that may need it.

Easy candidates:

Flocked Panthor
    Pink Teela and Sorceress
    Mini-Comic Ram-Man
    Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
    Mini-Comic flesh-tone Stratos
    White Captain Glenn
    Double Trouble (Prototype colors)
    Castaspella (Allepsatsac inverted deco or vintage PoP deco)
    Arrow (blue toy deco)
    Blade/Saurod/Gwildor (comic deco)
    Frosta
    Swift Wind (vintage toy deco)
    Entrapta (dual hair color and silvery gold limbs/vac-metal deco, Castaspella's forearms)
    Peekablue (vintage toy deco)
    Sundancer and Moonbeam (vintage horses)

Investment figures:
    Netossa (vintage PoP deco, cloth cape and face guard)
    Star Sisters (PoP prototype deco, new torso w/ expanding torso piece)
    Teela (2-piece vintage toy outfit)
    Evil-Lyn (vintage 2-piece toy outfit)

Which ones would you like to see?

Rather than making it a power con exclusive (most people have no way to go to cons), maybe a pre-order instead?

I'd go for an honest to goodness orange Beast Man repaint. Heaven knows we haven't gotten one yet.

I'd definitely go for that vintage toy Teela, too.

Flocked Panthor, maybe.

Mini-comic Trap Jaw, Ram-man, Tri-klops, and Stratos would be tops on my list if we don't get them in the regular sub.

I'd like to see payment plans, not bills over $200 called for during a 3 figure + sub month 11 months before said product would be delivered. I don't know if I'll ever own this year's Power-Con exclusives, and I worry that unless they re-think their business model, I may miss out on next year's as well.

Also, they REALLY ought to re-think selling everything as-is. Imagine waiting 11 months after paying $215 to get a box of defective merchandise?

That said, I am glad steps are being taken to save Power-Con.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Swift Wind, Arrow, and Castaspella in vintage colors for sure. I'd also very much like Double Trouble in prototype colors. While I'd love repaints of Frosta and Entrapta (Filmation), I think they'd be better served in the 2017 Filmation sub, assuming we get one!

I would also enthusiastically support all 3 Crystal horses if they can do that. I'm not sure if having to use translucent plastic would prevent them from being viewed as straight up repaints though.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I love that Power Con is giving us a chance at getting redecos that are otherwise not possible since each SKU is so valuable. List which redecos you'd like to see. I would love to see if any of the Con people could chime in as to whether enough funds can be generated eventually to purchase a unique tool or 2 for a character(s) that may need it.

Easy candidates:

Flocked Panthor
    Pink Teela and Sorceress
    Mini-Comic Ram-Man
    Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
    White Captain Glenn
    Arrow (blue toy deco)
    Frosta
    Entrapta (dual hair color and silvery gold limbs/vac-metal deco, Castaspella's forearms)

Investment figures:

Most of those are not easy, as quite a few of them would require some new tooling. The Power Con exclusives are 100% re-paints.

Heroic Warrior
    It is the first year. I'd say start budgeting for these items next year. For a comparison, Fun Publications doesn't allocate JoeCon and BotCon exclusive product for club members, nor do they offer a payment plan. Just start saving and see if it's something you'd like to own when it's solicited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Most of those are not easy, as quite a few of them would require some new tooling. The Power Con exclusives are 100% re-paints.
    Which ones specifically? I see the ones up top requiring no new tooling, but I would be interested in moving Double Trouble below so we can get a remolded head.

I've been thinking about this too and would like to see more repaints offered to fill in collection gaps and offer more variety to our collections. Whether it's a Power-con norm or some other way of distribution, I'd like to see quite a few of these get made:

Storm
    Grizzlor (dark)
    Ram Man (cardback)
    Goddess (in solid green plastic)
    Disco Skeletor
    Allepsatsac
    Leo Faker
    Faker She-ra
    Black armored Horde Troopers (with alternate Snakemen heads)
    Gorpo (.org mascot)
    Adora (blue outfit UK comic)
    Trap Jaw (mini comic)
    He-Ro (spirit form)
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

More repaints sold as-is for almost double the price of a new fully tooled figure? Thanks, but no thanks.

As a completist and non-attendee I appreciate that these will be made available for everyone. Don't get me wrong.
    But in general I think these exclusives are not a good idea.

Maybe if they did just one instead of three I'd feel different about this.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't get threads like this because all it does is give the Power Con people an idea of what people want and then when folks miss out on them because they sell out fast because they are limited they get mad. You really should be rooting for exclusives you DONT want lol

So with that mindset I'm rooting for

Minicomics Adam
    dark Grizzlor
    Cardback Ram Man
    Minicomics teela
    Vintage Angella
    anti he man
    Faker she ra
    Last edited by degra; August 12, 2015 at 04:28pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

My most-wanted basic, straight-up repaints (with no new tooling):

Classic Toy Skin Tone Man-E-Faces (featuring the human head with the visor eyes painted white). You could even pack him in with the rest of the Man-E-Weapons to complete the set that the Weapons Rack started so very long ago!

Frosta (correcting the gray color scheme and giving her non-translucent hair)

Vac-Metalized Entrapta (this could also give us an Entrapta with tighter joints, as the two I have opened in the past are as floppy as ragdolls and can not stand up at all under the weight of her hair).

Mini-Comics Trap-Jaw

Top Toys/Leo Faker (or whatever we're calling the variant with the different colored weapons and the kohl around the eyes).
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    My most-wanted basic, straight-up repaints (with no new tooling):

Classic Toy Skin Tone Man-E-Faces (featuring the human head with the visor eyes painted white). You could even pack him in with the rest of the Man-E-Weapons to complete the set that the Weapons Rack started so very long ago!

Frosta (correcting the gray color scheme and giving her non-translucent hair)

Vac-Metalized Entrapta (this could also give us an Entrapta with tighter joints, as the two I have opened in the past are as floppy as ragdolls and can not stand up at all under the weight of her hair).

Mini-Comics Trap-Jaw

Top Toys/Leo Faker (or whatever we're calling the variant with the different colored weapons and the kohl around the eyes).
    I love this post. :-)

As pure repaints of existing characters/parts, I'd suggest:

Teela - pink
    Sorceress -pink
    Faker - caucasian skin, purple or orange He-Man vest
    Prince Adam - blue vest
    Battle Armor He-man - gold armor (a'la 200x Battle Sound variant)
    Snake Teela (the 200x figure was just a repaint)
    Panthor -flocked
    Marlena Glenn - white astronaut suit
    Snake Men warrior repaints

New tooling:

Trap Jaw - mini comic (new head, boxier design for laser rifle, no hook or claw)
    Tri-klops - mini comic vest
    Blade - prototype head
    Avatar - evil mini comic stratos
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Out of the ideas presented in this thread:

Flocked Panthor
    pink vintage Swiftwind
    blue vintage Arrow
    vac-metal Entrapta
    u-matic (proto) Double Trouble
    neo Netossa
    proto Star Sisters
    a better Frosta
    vintage Angella with culottes and new longer auburn hair
    Disco Skeletor
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2017!!
    MOTUC Top Ten pre-SDCC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Quakke, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked)
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Flocked Panthor definitely! I hesitate to put Slime Pit He-Man on the re-deco list because if they ever do decide to do an action figure, I'd like some sculpted on glow in the dark "slime" on the this figure rather than just an entire re-paint or *shudder*, a translucent one.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

#1 Mini-Comic flesh-tone Stratos

A far #2 is...
    Red and black Catra with one of the newer PoP female tops to make her look as close to Nate's illo as possible.

or Style Guide deco.

I kind of feel like Matty still owes us a flocked Panthor, so I'd be fine with that being a Powercon exclusive since I doubt we'll ever see him in a regular sub.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I dont want to support POWERCON exclusives. Paying over 170$ for 2 figs its too much for me.

Travelling cons figures was a better way to get exclusives.
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Travelling cons figures was a better way to get exclusives.
    Maybe, we'll still get one of those as well. I'd guess Anti He-Man shown at SDCC will either be a chase figure or traveling con figure.

Awesome thread!

Power Con, take note!

First off, Power Con can be a great way to get out the remaining POP steeds.

Storm
    Crystal Moonbeam
    Crystal Sundancer
    Clawdeen
    Flocked Panthor

As for figures, I assume we are getting Anti-Eternia He-Man as the traveling con exclusive next year.

Slime Pit He-Man
    Leo Faker
    White Captain Glenn
    Mini-Comic Green Trap-Jaw
    Toy Catra
    Disco Skeletor

I hesitate to say 200X Snake Teela, because she should really have a new head at the least. But she is one of only 2 figures left (Slime Pit Mutant) not realized in classics.
    Last edited by Uncle Jake; August 12, 2015 at 08:15pm.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Slime pit he-man , Disco Skeletor and Mini comic trap jaw for me
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

First choice is none.
    Second choice is Mini Comic Blue Vest Adam.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I wouldn't mind a non-exploding crotch opaque Green Goddess vs the translucent one we got.

This figure has had so many issues and we've never gotten another one. This could be a good way to remedy that.

Flocked Panthor, white paint Frosta with non-translucent hair, cardback Ram Man, and white space suit Marlena would also be cool.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; August 12, 2015 at 08:23pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I would like Sundancer, Moonbeam, and Storm.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post

Easy candidates:

Flocked Panthor
    Pink Teela and Sorceress
    Mini-Comic Ram-Man
    Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
    White Captain Glenn
    Arrow (blue toy deco)
    Frosta

Investment figures:

I think some of those are not so simple, or should not be made simple if you actually wanted them done right.

Sorceress: Any further figures of Sorceress need to do something about the drums on her shoulders. I don't think I even need to go into why, since they have been one of the most universally reviled design decisions of the entire line.

Ram-Man: I would love a mini-comic Ram-Man, but only if they remade him on the standard male buck (or something close to it, at least). Repainting the giant Classics buck they gave him would be pretty far off the mark to me, akin to what they did by not giving Filmation Hordak an actual Filmation head.

Double-Trouble: If they ever release her, they really, really need to re-do her head. It's actually not even as hard as you might think (I basically "fixed" her by just cutting it apart and shifting it's position a bit), but as one of the biggest design blunders in the line (arguably worse than Sorceress' wings), it would be pitiful for Mattel to release it again without fixing it.

Frosta: While repainting her would probably fix 80% of what's wrong with her (assuming they also assemble her correctly in a second run), if they really wanted to do her justice and properly atone for how badly they blundered the first time, they would really need to include a brand new head sculpt and hair sculpt as well.

Entrapta: This is more just a personal peeve of mine, but if they redid her, I think they should do something about her hair. She is ridiculously top heavy as she is now. Making her hair lighter would increase posability dramatically. Possibly even make it bendy, since the Hiss torso makes it look like that is back on the table.

Most of the others would be fine though. Not really things I would want myself, but those are the best candidates for exclusives anyway.

Edit: I'll also toss in that if they ever redo Marlena/Glenn, PAINT HER FRIGGIN' IRISES!