Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soooo... How EXACTLY will we know when Kowl & Loo-Kee are on sale?? :)

Soooo... How EXACTLY will we know when Kowl & Loo-Kee are on sale?? :)

I realise that it's still a few months away. But I was just wondering how'd I'd be assured a Kowl & Loo-Kee 2-pack. Yes, I know I'm still not guaranteed one, as that's the whole point of a chase figure. But I remember with Spirit of Hordak, I'd read on the message boards that he was "Up!!!", and I'd go online, and he was back in "hiding". (Grrrr.) It's ok, as I never reeeeally cared for him. (Although, he did look awesome.) But with this new 2-pack, I reeeeally wanna try to get one. So, I'm wondering... how did you lot know when Spirit of H was up? Is there a particular page on Mattycollector that I should bookmark, and make it my homepage all year long? lol (Actually, I'm serious about that last bit.)

Thanks, all.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by nilito View Post
    I realise that it's still a few months away. But I was just wondering how'd I'd be assured a Kowl & Loo-Kee 2-pack. Yes, I know I'm still not guaranteed one, as that's the whole point of a chase figure. But I remember with Spirit of Hordak, I'd read on the message boards that he was "Up!!!", and I'd go online, and he was back in "hiding". (Grrrr.) It's ok, as I never reeeeally cared for him. (Although, he did look awesome.) But with this new 2-pack, I reeeeally wanna try to get one. So, I'm wondering... how did you lot know when Spirit of H was up? Is there a particular page on Mattycollector that I should bookmark, and make it my homepage all year long? lol (Actually, I'm serious about that last bit.)

Thanks, all.

Well, unless something changed, the 2-pack is supposed to be in Early Access in April according to the release from Matty. So, if you subscribed to Club Eternia, then you'll be able to get them then. Otherwise, it's just luck of the draw I think.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

For Hordak the MOTUC logo changed to so,etching for him on the shop page

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Wish we had some way of creating an e-mail and/or text alert for those that wanted to sign up. Then anyone on the list could alert everyone else once they were for sale.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior
    Short answer: Nobody knows yet.
    Long answer: One can guesstimate that Lo-kee will show up in various places, press him for the link to the sale. Just a guess, haven't heard anything, but it would be silly of them to disregard that part of the lore to tie in with the sales.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Thanks, mates! I guess it's all about keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

One idea would be to create a thread here that people could subscribe to. Only allow replies when they're on sale. People can sign up for instant notification by email.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Wish we had some way of creating an e-mail and/or text alert for those that wanted to sign up. Then anyone on the list could alert everyone else once they were for sale.
    A text alert is a fantastic idea! Is this at all feasible within/amongst the .org?

I missed Spirit of Hordak every time he was offered. Really bummed me out. Still have to get him.

Great idea man! I wish the org had text blasts for things like this!

I'd sign up for such a notification in a heartbeat! Lemme know!!

Quote Originally Posted by nilito View Post
    Thanks, mates! I guess it's all about keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

Just to add: as soon as they go on sale in Early Access in April we'll have the link to their product page.
    If Spirit of Hordak is anything to go by, that link won't change regardless of whether they're currently available or not.

So if you do miss them (or can't get them) in April then at least you'll know which page to set as your home page after that!

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    One idea would be to create a thread here that people could subscribe to. Only allow replies when they're on sale. People can sign up for instant notification by email.
    I had this same thought. Most people have smart phones these days and have their email accounts linked to it. Just subscribe to the thread and when it updates go to the Matty site. The thread will just need to be for when the item in on sale and not be allowed for discussion. Also, when posting to it the poster should include the direct link to the product page.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Just to add: as soon as they go on sale in Early Access in April we'll have the link to their product page.
    If Spirit of Hordak is anything to go by, that link won't change regardless of whether they're currently available or not.

So if you do miss them (or can't get them) in April then at least you'll know which page to set as your home page after that!
    THAT'S what I was hopin for! Thanks for the heads-up, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    A text alert is a fantastic idea! Is this at all feasible within/amongst the .org?

I missed Spirit of Hordak every time he was offered. Really bummed me out. Still have to get him.
    I am sure there is some way to do it. Just an idea I had, but I am not tech savvy enough to figure it out.

Does anyone want to start a Facebook group for notification?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Does anyone want to start a Facebook group for notification?
    Wish we could come up with something else on top of Facebook because I don't use it (and I am sure I am not alone), but would still like notifications.

Any of those would work for me! Thanks, all! I'll keep checking here for any updates.

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Soon as something is figured out, sign me up!
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Email/text alert.

Why don't we use one person to send a phone number or email address. We can then compile the list and send out a mass email or text alert and then if anyone sees it they can text or email to all? I don't mind doing it as long as it's only in the us for text.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

i hope i can get them on april's early access, don't want to chase this around like many here did for red hordak

all for an email or text alert preferably text. Anyone that wants to go with that let arrange it.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

email or text would be fine for me as I rarely go on Facebook and check my phone/email all the time. Text would be best.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Text or email alert

Ok if you want to email/pm your phone number and email I will wait a week and send out a mass reply. I can then update with new addresses every week. If you want me email me send to jericho321@aol.com

That's where the mass alert will come from.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

The idea for a thread that could be subscribed to that people can ONLY post in when it's actually up is interesting... but it'd be really hard to moderate, too. Hmmm...

I'll bring it up with the others and see if there's something we can do.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

You won't know. That's the fun! Mattel wants you to randomly load up their site all day checking! Isn't that so cool - just like the shopping experience that we all love soooooo much. Matty's site is so fast and robust that they need more folks with it on auto-refresh pounding away or it will ruin the site's reputation.

It's so much fun and reminds me of all my favorite parts of collecting toys - the disappointment and the waste of time, knowing you could check every day for two months and never see it. And the most fun is when you don't check for a few hours once and then you find out that's when it came up!

Since the customer base overwhelmingly said "YAY! We love flash chase sales!" I'm so glad that Mattel chose to bring them back!