Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just say NO to Buzz-Saw Hordak in MOTUC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Just say NO to Buzz-Saw Hordak in MOTUC!

This is an opinion piece, but I would like open discussion on this. We've been told Buzz-Saw Hordak is coming out next year. I am VEHEMENTLY against this. Buzz-Saw Hordak will be the first release Hordak figure...with a new buzz saw accessory. We have this already, minus the buzz saw. This will take the place of a character we do not have or a popular variant of a character, like:

- Lord Masque
    - Veena
    - Prahvus
    - Evil-Seed (either version)
    - 200X Sorceress
    - 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena
    - 200X Battle Armour King Randor and Queen Marlena
    - Toy Catra ("Savage" Catra)
    - Toy She-Ra
    - Starburst She-Ra

Mattel could try to tell us different, but Filmation Hordak has no new tooling either (aside from his new hand attachment). He's a repaint of the first release Hordak with Hurricane Hordak's arm. LAME.

Buzz Saw Hordak (and a few other variants, actually) could be made by accessory packs.

EDIT:

Here are TWO polls about Buzz-Saw Hordak:

- Would you rather have another figure instead of Buzz-Saw Hordak?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ther-Character

- Will Buzz-Saw Hordak affect your 2015 MOTUC subscription purchase(s)?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ption-Purchase
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 9, 2014 at 06:36pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Can't do it, bud. We NEED this variant.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Buzz Saw Hordak was my favorite Hordak as a toy. BUT, you're right that there isn't much to him. I could live without him.. unless he came with some cool must-have surprises.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I think it's far too late now.

Buzzsaw is in the pipeline. TG even wrote out the bio and everything! LMAO! I just hope he isn't "taken for the ass" and is only the normal Hordak figure with a buzzsaw accessory and a new-non articulated torso with a door.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I can live without this variant as well.

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I could live without him.. unless he came with some cool must-have surprises.
    I agree with this. It's the only reason I'd want BS Hordak
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I kind of did this thread" a few days ago i thought?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...66#post3466466

No offense meant as I largely agree with you.

Stupid me, I accidentally put a poll in my post without thinking of the consequences. Duh, or course it would get moved. STUPID LFE! I've been meaning to get back to Scotward about just removing the poll but my PM box is SUPER full. I dunno just feels like this thread and my thread are so similar. The mods remove that poll and make Darkspecter's thread and my thread a sandwich while we all sing Ebony and Ivory by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder?

(less funny or more funny without the link? LMK guys, I take requests!)

Assuming that happens. The unofical poll was (as of the time date on the last edit of this post)
    38 36.54%
    66 63.46%

THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN and we said NO BS Hordak! if this was a presidental election BS Hordak would be not be elected to be a toy.
    I wonder if a he-man.org front page poll would help improve his chances?

I could live without him.. unless he came with some cool must-have surprises.
    Sure, but why not just pack them with another character like FAILmation Power Sword and Alcala Skeletor head?

To bleed us dry that is why!
    How about a front page poll for such a topic? That would be better then my poll to be sure!

I'd love to know if people would like Buzz Saw Hordak's stuff with other figures figure or if they would rather spend moar money on another Hordak!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; June 9, 2014 at 06:44pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I kind of did this thread" a few days ago i thought?
    It's similar, but different. Your thread is about if you want him or not. My thread is about if you would rather have a different character instead of him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    If he came with an updated ab section, an alternate head and an artifact that made a media appearance, he could be worth getting.

If he just comes with a red saw, that's lame, but I'm sure they'll use whatever excuse they have in order to make another cheap variant. It's what makes the line possible apparently. A high quality line of action figures with an extreme amount of reusing parts. A bit of an oxymoronic statement I guess.

My vote would go for no Buzzsaw in MOTUC. Even if he came with a hollowed out chest for the saw accessory, he's still minimally different from what we've already been provided. Especially seeing the ~alterations~ made for his Filmation variant. We might be looking at paint app variances at most.

Nah, I'd be okay without that for sure.

Buzz Saw Hordak was my favorite Hordak as a toy. BUT, you're right that there isn't much to him. I could live without him.. unless he came with some cool must-have surprises.
    I agree…him coming with a second (Filmation) head would really sell the figure for me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Im guessing that Buzz Saw will be an exception to the "rule" of following the vintage design. Perhaps he will have robotic arms and different paint apps to make him different to regular Hordak.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

(as I posted elsewhere...I think this applies here as well)

I want this figure and it's no surprise that he's coming between now and DEC 2015 since we were told we'd get all vintage MOTU and variants within the next two years.

However, if you don't want him, or even many people don't want him, I understand. For one, he obviously isn't much different from regular Hordak. And for another, we already have many Hordak figures with another blueberry one on the way. (He comes in all flavors!) But, I'm a big Hordak fan, so another Hordak or two is cool with me.

To be honest, when this line started this figure stood out in my eyes as one that shouldn't be made. After all...it's just regular Hordak with a buzz-saw that springs out of his chest. However, with the lack of action features in this line... it will just be regular Hordak with a buss saw that doesn't fire. ...But I have a dream of owning every vintage character in classics form! Just like the DCUC fans got to create the entire Super Power's line up on one shelf, I want to create the entire vintage MOTU line up on mine! (Btw I collect all factions and have subbed every year).

I'm hoping that Matty, the H4 and Scott etc, have the foresight in this case to plus this figure up a bit. Now's the time to include extra bits with this Hordak figure! Since blue berry Hordak can arm-swap...then by God use the arm-swap on Buzz Saw Hordak! Give us the cannon arm in gray and make it swapable with his real arms! OR Give us a buzz saw attachment at the end of one of his arms as well as his chest! And maybe....just maybe put a Filmation Hordak head in the box as a bonus.

Okay so, if Buzz Saw Hordak is already too far along in production for the Filmation head, I'll understand, but I will be looking for a swapable gray cannon arm. Then fans could think of Buzz Saw Hordak, more like a battle ground Hordak or a 2.0 deluxe figure. Use him to make your ultimate Hordak. That's of course, IF Matty decides to make more than just Hordak with a buzz saw.

Come on Matty. Show us some of the creativity we have seen on many of the previous figures! There's a lot in the MOTUC line that is worth loving!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is an opinion piece, but I would like open discussion on this. We've been told Buzz-Saw Hordak is coming out next year. I am VEHEMENTLY against this. Buzz-Saw Hordak will be the first release Hordak figure...with a new buzz saw accessory. We have this already, minus the buzz saw. This will take the place of a character we do not have or a popular variant of a character, like:

- Lord Masque
    - Veena
    - Prahvus
    - Evil-Seed (either version)
    - 200X Sorceress
    - 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena
    - 200X Battle Armour King Randor and Queen Marlena
    - Toy Catra ("Savage" Catra)
    - Toy She-Ra
    - Starburst She-Ra
    From your list, D-specter, I would rather have Buzzsaw Hordak above all of them except Lord Masque and Evil Seed.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Filmation should have included a buzz saw accessory to share with the original Hordak. To be honest, any future Horde member should include a Buzz Saw accessory. No reason to reissue the same friggin' figure with a simple add on.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

I want BS hordak.
    And I don't think Mattel would be dumb enough to give us the same old figure with a buzzsaw..
    Or it could be next year chase figure..

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I'm pro Buzz-saw, especially if he comes with real buzz-saws that are ejected with deadly force from Hordak's chest cavity. I want to put some eyes out hasty-posty.

Just sell a Poly bag on Matty with a buzz saw in it for $2.99. The label can read:

Buzz Saw Hordak*

*Hordak not included
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I don't get why they just don't release a Buzzsaw accessory, unless they are truly going to engineer a torso that has a drop down area to hold that accessory. I really don't see them doing that.

So, if BS Hordak is just a rerelease with the buzzsaw accessory, they better be packing a whole lot of extras with that figure (And having his bio release some new info wouldn't qualify as making him special enough for a release. )
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

.. unless he came with some cool must-have surprises.
    Yeah! Here's hoping, Val!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I agree…him coming with a second (Filmation) head would really sell the figure for me.
    Anyone want to bet this is how they'll spice him up to get people to buy him? By somehow magically cobbling together a Filmation head for the SDCC Hordak in less than 12-24 months??
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Precisely why I'm not subscribing
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I don't get why they just don't release a Buzzsaw accessory, unless they are truly going to engineer a torso that has a drop down area to hold that accessory. I really don't see them doing that.
    I agree. If they were, they would have done Rio-Blast around the same time to get another use out of the buck. That would be smart and planning ahead. Doing it JUST for this version of Hordak would hardly be cost effective.

I want buzz saw hordak more than any 200x variant.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    HA! No way, I want Buzz-Saw Hordak more than any other from the list there (except the POP variants, they're as important as BS Hordak, but honestly, I find the 200x variants of ANY character, pretty boring and lame, Prahvus, Veena, Evilseed and Masque, not bad characters, but not very fond of them).

Anyway, probably when Matty shows BS Hordak, is gonna be a very similar to Snake Man-at-Arms, replacing normal parts for robotic parts, I don't know, maybe that Hordak will be more 200x look a like.

C'mon, it's BS Hordak, a MOTUC figure after all, we're NOT talking about a baby Hordak in a Mantisaur potty figure.
    Last edited by Bender Rodríguez; June 9, 2014 at 07:21pm.

I already posted something similar elsewhere, but I will repeat it here etc.

I am not a variant guy. There are some variants I would really like (I am looking at you Snake Armour He-man) but I don't really need another Hordak. Having said that I would more than probably buy him and I understand there are a lot of people who want the guy so I won't be annoyed if/when we do get him. I understand why he is in the release plans and if they genuinely want to get to all the vintage figures we will and should get him eventually. I guess I would just rather get some characters who have yet too be in plastic form.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**