Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Kayo Thread

The Official MOTUC Kayo Thread

Now I have to admit, out of all characters in all of the Motu I think Kayo is the most boring of them all. I know nothing about this guy, what his special abilities are except hes a excellent space pilot. Anyone know anything else about this guy. He was one of three Galactic Guardians that got an upgrade from the Blacksmith of Cerelus, getting 2 shoulder mounted rockets. If they were to create this character, I would like to see him with that upgrade. For me he should be the last Character made from the existing NA Characters.
    NewWeaponsHeroNA.jpg
    Last edited by facet; October 21, 2012 at 03:00am.

I actually think Kayo/Tatarus is one of the more interesting of the Galactic Guardians, I just think his armor and helmet look more MOTU then some of the others. When I was a kid I always though his helmet looked like a Roman gladiator. Aside form being a good pilot I think he's meant to be really strong.

Here is his vintage action figure bio:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Kayo seemed to be the Galactic Guardian answer to Fisto and the "strong guy" before He-Man showed up. His crewcut, wifebeater and bionic balled up fists appear to mark him as a brawler of sorts.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I actually kinda' liked his character in the Blacksmith of Cerelus/tournament episodes. A while ago, someone said they saw him as the "football player" He-Man figure. I found that kinda' charming, despite the fact that I hate football.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    My most wanted of the Galactic Guardians! He's pretty heavily promoted in comparison to the other early NA heroes (aside from Flipshot and Hydron of course) in the mini-comics, so we might see him sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Kayo seemed to be the Galactic Guardian answer to Fisto and the "strong guy" before He-Man showed up. His crewcut, wifebeater and bionic balled up fists appear to mark him as a brawler of sorts.
    Good observations, I always thought of him as the strongman of the team, but the comparison to Fisto is something I never considered.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

A big fan of Slush Head

Kayo/ Tatarus is he really that lame?

To be honest I don't think so but I ask because I keep reading/hearing Scott's comments referring to him as one of the NA characters that nobody seem to like or want and one that we probably won't get because of that
    ( This is not an attack in any mean I don't want to create controversy) I just want to know why and if is this how must of us think.

So is it true that most of us fans don't want him? He does have a simple design but does that make him a lame character ?

I really want to see Kayo in MOTUC what about you?

Attached Images Attached Images
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I want Kayo as well
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, he's lame...I prefer the mutants...

I too prefer the mutants. Originally I was pretty anti-NA but so far the space mutants to come out have been amazing and turned me around on them. Flipshot unfortunately hasn't really and I'm really not that fond of most of the protector's designs. I'm sure the horsemen will do a great job, but there is only so much you can do with them I think.

Time will tell I suppose.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    Well it's no secret I'm not an NA fan, but I wouldn't want to see a principle character not made for the NA fans. In fact this is the only NA character I knew of until recently because of his appearance in Emiliano's Homecoming comic.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

for me all the NA humans are lame. the hm can make them look good but too GI Joe/Centurions vibe for me. boooooooring.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

He may not be on the top 3 Most wanted NA characters, but he's pretty easy to make:

Head(s): New
    Torso and abs: He-Man (Wifebeater painted on like KHM)
    Armor: New
    Shoulders: Trap Jaw
    Biceps: Roboto
    Forearms: Snout Spout
    Hands: Snout Spout
    Crotch:New
    Thighs: He-Man
    Shins: He-Man
    Boots: New
    Feet: Snout Spout
    Shoulder pads (IF they're NOT made as part of the armor): new
    Gun: New
    Shield: New
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Kayo is one of those guys in the background nobody seems to take notice of. I will gladly add him to my collection. I liked him ever since but compared to other Na-heroes like Hydron or even Darius Kayo is only on my b-sheet.
    Looking how poorly the Na-heroes are treated so far down the line i am afraid we will not likely see him in MotUC.
    @DO4M: They could use Sy-Klone or even Flipshot for the crotch peace wich makes it even easier to construct Kayo. The main problem is: he needs one helmeted and one unhelmeted head

nonetheless: by now it seems as if Kayo is the easiest to make from the remaining few.
    Last edited by DarthKant; March 7, 2013 at 09:22am.

Huh, I don't recall Kayo looking that hot in the cartoon... LOL! Bring him on!
    In all seriousness though, he's not one I've ever been terribly interested in having in MOTUC. If I had to rank his looks, I'd say he looks best in that comic, next best in the cartoon still, and the action figure I feel ranks at the bottom. So if the Horsemen DID make him, I think using his colors from the comic would be the way to go. That guy, put through the Classicizer machine, would probably turn out great- and the difference simply seems to be the colored arms vs. bare flesh. The other versions, I'm not sure. It's the wife beater thing and the flat top that make him look really GI Joe-ish, moreso than any of the others.

I'll take Kayo over most any of the NA cartoon only characters. Particularly the ever lame Sebrian.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

To me he is not the most exciting. He is in the group of non-exciting Galactic Protectors: Nocturna, Vizar, and Kayo. Nocturna is the ultimate snoozer for me though. I did make a custom or Kayo though, since I figured we probably wouldn't be getting him in MOTUC. I'd still take an official version, though.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I sure as hell want him. ...and I'm not a nobody!

I'm a heartless.

But yeah, I've really wanted Kayo for awhile now.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior
    He's always seemed lame to me. Him, Vizar, Nocturna, and Spinwit could never be made(or have even existed) and I'd be fine. I know that sounds harsh and people want them as figures, but I'd take all of the POP girls, their variants, and horses before I'd want those 4 NA figures. Flipshot can fly, Hydron is the leader, Sagitar is some kind of Manitaur(see what I did there?), Artilla is the NA Roboto, and then of course there's Sebrian and Mara. Those are the Guardians I'd like to have on my shelf. The rest just seem so generic. Unless they had a really cool backstory or something, I'd leave them alone. Of course now I'm thinking of backstories for them. Oy. Kayo has robotic parts...did he get infected with the same TO virus Skeletor did? Did the Horde do that to him? Great, here we go...

*edit* Totally forgot about Tuskador. Also, the Mutants have so much personality, I want them all! Flogg, Hoove, Quake, Staghorn, Butthead...even Crita!
    Last edited by DVD; March 7, 2013 at 09:53am.

It will be interesting to see who Mattel has on their reworked 2014/15 schedule for NA. Hydron, Flogg, and NA Skeletor are probably coming next, but there could be 1-2 surprises thrown in there.

He's not terrible, but he's certainly lower on my list. I think it's mostly the tank top he's sporting...just looks like a guy that found some metal stuff lying around and put it on so he could say he was from the future.

...crap, now he's my favorite. Yeah, bring him on!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    He was the NA version of Fisto, basically, so I don't see ant reason not to eventually make him. Admittedly, he's not the most inspiring looking figure in the NA line, but I do hope that the line goes on long enough to see at least some of the NA humans like him made.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I sure as hell want him. ...and I'm not a nobody!

I'm a heartless.

Rim shot please (Rim shot sounds like an NA hero, the Galactic comedian).

But yeah, I think Kayo looks cool, especially the helmet, and the horsemen potential. But, that being said, I'd actually prefer lots of others first. I'd much rather have all the mutants, and a mutant trooper army builder pack first, but I would be disappointed if all of the GG's didn't get made eventually.

Now that we're nearing the line's end, there is just no room for him.

nope. bring him in and take vizar too.

I love Kayo.

I had him as a kid. And I think he's an awesome character.

He would be cheap to make too.

My top NA wants are:

Crita
    Flogg
    Quakke
    Tuskador
    Kayo
    NA Skeletor 1.0
    NA Sorceress (mini-comic)
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app