Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Kayo Thread

Yes he should be made. I am not a NA fan. Now the 4H have made me like at less the muntants but not really feeling the humans but yes they should be made for the fans.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, he does have that Jeff Hardy look going for him. Not sure if that's bad or good, though...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I want all the na figures

I want Kayo too. My main reason is that he would be fairly easy to produce. I don't know why Mattel wouldn't do him actually, but I digress. I think we need Kayo mainly in the interest of balance. Of the mising NA characters I think we will absolutely see Flogg and Hydron, and I'd be wiling to bet that NA Skeletor will take up a quarterly variant slot next year. If we stop right there that would leave us 5 mutants and only 3 Galactic Protectors. Of the remaining options I believe Kayo and Vizar are the shoe-ins. I personally would really like to see Sagitar, Tuskador, Hoove, and Quakke also, but just to get an even 5 vs. 5 I think Kayo and Vizar make the most sense.
    Kittens are delicious!

I like KAYO and think he is a NA must!! My brothers & I had him as a kid, & he was always my 4th Galactic Guardian in the lineup!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I absolutely like Kayo (although as I'm from Germany he always has been Tartarus for me^^) and want a figure of him. I have alwalys played him as the powerhouse of the team (well, on second place behind He-man , of course) because of his tank top and his gladiator/american football styled armor. And IMO he belongs to the main team of galactic protectors. I would be really sad if he won't make it into a figure!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think it's the context. If you showed him without his accessories, he looks like a G.I. Joe in a wifebeater. Further, I think all of the Wave 2 Galactic Protectors (Kayo, Nocturna and Vizarr) really suffered from Jetlag skipping them for showcasing the Wave 3 Protectors (Artilla, Tuskador, Spinwit and Sagitar).

I would want Kayo, but there's a few guys I'd like before him like Sagitar.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I'm more of a mutants fan, but I wouldn't not keep Kayo or anything. I do think the odds are not in his favor.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Kayo is very cool! He was always one of my favorite NA heroes. After Flipshot and Hydron, I considered him the #3 Galactic Protector.

He's got a cool weapon, a neat design for armor (that the 4H could totally make look awesome) and an interesting helmet. I even like his little shield. Plus, bionic arm! Plus, he's a red head and we don't have a ton of those in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Kayo is very cool! He was always one of my favorite NA heroes. After Flipshot and Hydron, I considered him the #3 Galactic Protector.
    100% this is how I always felt.

That said, I can see how somebody who isn't an NA fan can see how he is boring. But the same can be said for Teela, for instance, for somebody without that connection. She's just a basic chick without anything really that special visually.

I like NA but Kayo is just too American Gladiator for me- if they make him O.K. but not top on my Galactic Protectors' lst

Definitely want Kayo and all the Galactic Guardians.

The line won't be complete without them.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Based on the pic of the toy I do not see him as boring. I honestly would prefer him over Hydron. To me Hydron is the worst Protector because he wears a wetsuit all the time. I think that's a lame design in comparison to Kayo. I believe the 4H would make Kayo look AMAZING just like they did with Icarius.

I want Kayo, but he's far down on the list of NA characters that I want.

For me, he's just not that exciting. His sculpt is rather dull and, from what I can remember, his personality was a bit dull on the show. On the other hand, Spinwit didn't have a great design, but I really liked his personality.

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Yep, he's lame...I prefer the mutants...
    I agree.

Overall, I think the NA characters are far inferior to the vintage characters; however, on their own, they're not bad looking characters. I think the Four Horsemen did an amazing job with Flipshot/Icarius. Down the road, beyond 2015, I wouldn't mind having a Kayo is he is released and made by the Four Horsemen.

what about a NA sub line to fill the ranks?

I don't know much about him, but based on the pics in this thread alone, I would happily add him to my collection!

He reminds me of a cybernetic gladiator which is what I think they were going for. After Hydron he is the next good guy from NA that I want. I loved his figure as a kid.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    what about a NA sub line to fill the ranks?
    I would love this. Those who don't want NA can opt out, and those of us who do get their figures. But even as a NA fan, I wonder if there are enough of us to support such a sub?

I think the Galactic Protectors in general are hurt by the fact that only Flipshot has been made. And while he turned out great, I think there would be more confidence in this group if we had a couple more awesome 4 Horsemen designs. The Space Mutants have Optikk, Slushhead and Karatti (soon) to have established "credit" so to speak.

As far as a NA subline... I would support it for sure, especially if it had Jetlag and vintage figures. But I will be honest when I say that I think a NA subline would be a "hard sell" to many.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

I want Kayo! It´s one of the NA figures I want the most! I need Flogg, Darius and Kayo and any other one that surprises me.

I like Kayo a lot! I like the tank top look with the bionic arm. He's kinda' like the football player character - as opposed to the ninja or the cowboy. I also really liked him in the episodes of the cartoon he was showcased in near the end of the series.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I'd want those figures before Hoove or Staghorn. But I'll take them all.

These could be easy sellers. Just get rid of that stupid no 200x heads policy and include 200x heads for Clawful and Buzz Off, as well as any others that are in demand. Or, include highly-demanded accessories.

They would be almost pure profit, since they could mostly be made from existing parts.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

You know... that is actually a really good idea! How many people are super Strobo fans? And how many are getting him primarily because of the bonus Zodak head? I myself would probably skip over him, but the extra head is a way to vastly improve Zodak, and that influenced me.

Including other character heads or some kind of sought after accessory would be a great way to add value and excitement over characters. Look at the success "Build a Figure" lines have had in the past of getting people to get an entire assortment in order to build some kind of cool character.

I definitely want all the Galactic Protectors. When I was a kid I never saw single Filmation or NA episode. I came up with stories myself. Who cares that he appeared as a background character in the NA cartoon? He plays important part in my stories as one of the defenders team.

I always liked his design as he looks like a galactic american-football player.

He has to be made! ... the same goes for Nocturna. I still remember when my mother went to England for a long business trip a brought me Nocturna as a gift.