Thread: Battleground Teela buck & with original Teela legs

Battleground Teela buck & with original Teela legs

So I'm really not liking the new hips on BG Teela so I had to try her out with the original Teela's hips. The joint peg is actually the same size. While not perfect looking, they still look OK and definitely have much better posing options. (the very top of the outer hips is a little wide on the original legs if you look real closely).

Forgive the quick & messy pics. . .

(I didn't have a full original Teela buck so I subed in Catra)

I was lazy and cut the loin cloth off so I rubberbanded it back on her for the photo shoot.

I see what you mean about pose-ability, but I gotta be honest, those funky, mechanical-looking, jointed inner thighs just ruin the look of the original female buck to me. Maybe if the loin-cloth was an actual warp-around, fabric loin-cloth that would conceal that joint I'd say yeah, go for the better articulation, but I gotta be honest, I hope every new female figure gets released with the new legs and torso!

But that's what customizing is all about, right? To make your perfect, one-of-a-kind figure, and you have succeeded admirably!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Thank you for sharing the pictures urbanmyth! Like I suspected, it would have been possible for Queen Marlena to have this body...but I was told by someone at Mattel it wasn't possible...

Anyway, that's weird the new legs can't stand closer together. I think the new thighs could have been designed better though. Circle cut around the top like male MOTUC figures and female Hasbro Marvel Legends figures and a little bit thinner on the inner thighs near the crotch. This would allow them to be able to stand closer together and have the old articulation, while still being hidden. The most you might see is a line like Teela's mid-arm cuts on the upper thigh. Not bad at all and a HUGE improvement from the old ones.

I still have to see these in person, but I do like the looks of the new ones over the old ones. We'll see how I feel about the loss of articulation.

Question: this may be a weird one, but are the breasts on Catra larger than Battleground Teela? They kind of look that way...

The hips I'm talking about (which I also posted in the other thread):

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Thank you for sharing the pictures urbanmyth! Like I suspected, it would have been possible for Queen Marlena to have this body...but I was told by someone at Mattel it wasn't possible...
    Probably because of the gap between the torso and crotch pieces in the new buck. Makes more sense to use the better articulated buck which was intended to be covered with a costume for a figure like Marlena.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I have to wait till I get my figure to know if I like the new parts or not. Thanks for the pics urbanmyth.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    thanks for sharing.

there's much room for the 4h to improve those joints, but i really hope they won't use bg teela's ones anymore!

btw, very good customization!

The skin tone is off. I think Catra's legs would work better but the boots are harder to get off then they look. This was just a temporary thing, not really a custom. I just wanted to see how it turned out.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    how did you pull the hips out of BG teela?? Did you crack open her pelvis or just heat it up until it was super-soft??
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    how did you pull the hips out of BG teela?? Did you crack open her pelvis or just heat it up until it was super-soft??
    I want to know toooooo

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I want to know toooooo
    I think you have to split the pelvis, don't think those thigh connectors get that soft. Also, I think he hints at this method with cutting up the loin cloth.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk