Thread: King Hsss - He-Ro Son of He-Man Era

King Hsss - He-Ro Son of He-Man Era

So we know Skeletor returns in his DC guise (and again visually through his son Skeleteen) and Hordak is visually represented through Despera.This made me think about the third often forgotten MOTU villain King Hsss.

Reading back through the mini comics we know King Hsss is defeated/killed still in his vintage style outfit/appearance would people/fans mind if he was reformatted By Un-named One more powerful using his 200x look. As with all magic certain side effects of said spell give us the SOH Man-At-Arm (yes have Duncan return but not quite the same man as before more gung-ho and hardy) and the altered SOH Tung-Lasher.

Thoughts please.....
    Last edited by Coptur; March 21, 2014 at 08:13pm.

Lady Slither could take his place.

OR... Lady Slither could be trying to resurrect him... I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather have Lady Slither. Undoing all of the deaths caused by the spell would render that entire story pointless. I wasn't a huge fan of killing off a bunch of characters, but I'd be even more irritated if they backtracked on it for the sake of making a figure. Funny, I'd be OK with a scenario where Skeletor was killed and brought back, or even Hordak (Horde Mummy, anyone? ) but Hiss never seemed to me a big enough bad to warrant undoing a major plot to bring him back.

As for Tung Lashor and his SOH look. .. Scott said only the Snakes that were caught in the blast were killed. If Tung was just outside the blast, he could have been close enough so that it messed with his DNA and deformed him, but didn't kill him.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 21, 2014 at 01:24pm.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather have Lady Slither. Undoing all of the deaths caused by the spell would render that entire story pointless. I wasn't a huge fan of killing off a bunch of characters, but I'd be even more irritated if they backtracked on it for the sake of making a figure. Funny, I'd be OK with a scenario where Skeletor was killed and brought back, or even Hordak (Horde Mummy, anyone? ) but Hiss never seemed to me a big enough bad to warrant undoing a major plot to bring him back.

As for Tung Lashor and his SOH look. .. Scott said only the Snakes that were caught in the blast were killed. If Tung was just outside the blast, he could have been close enough so that it messed with his DNA and deformed him, but didn't kill him.
    Its the world of comics and toys Optimus Prime and Captain America came back so sometimes it can work albeit if done well.

Yeah and I can see your concern and do to a point completely agree. I was just conjuring up ideas of how to explain away character appearances. The 200x King Hsss looks more menancing and powerful (imo) and ol' Tongue Lashor/Tung-Lashor in the one picture we have doesn't seem the full ticket (good idea above though) and we know that there is a SOH Man At Arms/Duncan design. If it was series it could be one of those one off apearances (or a two parter) to kill King Hsss off one last time as their fates would be eternaly linked from the snakeman turning spell and death/seperaton in the mini comic finally atoning for his sins as a snake man.
    Last edited by Coptur; March 21, 2014 at 04:32pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Its the world of comics and toys Optimus Prime and Captain America came back so sometimes it can work albeit if done well.
    In Optimus Prime's case, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but Prime's death and eventual rebirth are now staples of the character.

As for Captain America, death in comics is as much as a joke as death in Mortal Kombat canon. Characters die and get resurrected all the time. It's to such an extent that death really isn't taken seriously anymore.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I agree with those proposing Lady Slither take his place as the Unnamed One returns.

Also, I'm not sure Skeletor is coming back "through his son" as you say, Coptur, as Despara and a trio of Cosmic Enforcers look to be behind it. (I can see the idea of Skeletor being represented by "Skeleteen," but it looks, from this last mini, that we will have two skull-faced characters running about the Universe. Of course, if Skeleteen turns out to be a good guy (like I hope), then there would be a pretty interesting dynamic.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Yeah and I can see your concern and do to a point completely agree. I was just conjuring up ideas of how to explain away character appearances. The 200x King Hsss looks more menancing and powerful (imo) and ol' Tongue Lashor/Tung-Lashor in the one picture we have doesn't seem the full ticket (good idea above though) and we know that there is a SOH Man At Arms/Duncan design. If it was series it could be one of those one off apearances (or a two parter) to kill King Hsss off one last time as their fates would be eternaly linked from the snakeman turning spell and death/seperaton in the mini comic finally atoning for his sins as a snake man.
    I totally get where you're coming from. Heck, I started a thread last week asking how people would write new figures into the bios. This is the same idea. I mean, I just came up with the thought of Stinkor getting blasted with Kobra Khan venom during the SUB, almost killing him, but he survives deformed and without his memory...leading to this "Odar" character for SOH.

I love stuff like this, and I wasn't trying to belittle your idea in any way. I just meant that with all of the death reversals that happen in comics, I'd rather they just leave the Snakes that died, dead. Otherwise, the entire point of going back in time an getting the spell in the first place just becomes useless. I'd rather focus on Lady Slither and say some others that we haven't used yet, like Fang-Or and Strettch Neck, were outside the blast range and give them some focus time. Let Rattlor be shown with the Horde, and let him take deformed Tung with him (Tung Lashor has also had Horde ties in the past. Now is the perfect time to explore that.).

But, I also have no personal investment in the 200x version of Hiss. I'm sure if I did, if be trying to figure out how they could bring him back too! I've come up with this whole convoluted idea about what happened to Mekaneck, and how the blast separated Tuvar and Baddrah, so...yeah, I totally get it. Sorry if it came off at all offensive. It wasn't intended. I like your thinking, I'm just not invested in that particular character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Of course, if Skeleteen turns out to be a good guy (like I hope), then there would be a pretty interesting dynamic.
    I was SO hoping that would be the case...make him an anti-hero, trying to restore his father's honor, always at odds with Dare about how to get things done. Then, I saw that panel with him standing in front of the UNO and Demo, and my hopes have pretty much been squashed. I think it is going to be a straight-up, unimaginative rehash. He-Man Jr. vs Skeletor Jr. Boooooriiing.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 21, 2014 at 06:00pm.

Unless his positioning is a red herring...

(Sorry to continue veering off-topic!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Unless his positioning is a red herring...

(Sorry to continue veering off-topic!)
    I hope so!

Um, yeah...back on track! King Hiss! Different look! Resurrection! SOH era!
    There. Done. Lol.

I agree with those proposing Lady Slither take his place as the Unnamed One returns.

Also, I'm not sure Skeletor is coming back "through his son" as you say, Coptur, as Despara and a trio of Cosmic Enforcers look to be behind it. (I can see the idea of Skeletor being represented by "Skeleteen," but it looks, from this last mini, that we will have two skull-faced characters running about the Universe. Of course, if Skeleteen turns out to be a good guy (like I hope), then there would be a pretty interesting dynamic.
    No sorry I didn't mean literally through his son I meant from a visual aesthetic (changed my original post) to help an outsider looking in and not knowing the franchise but seeing recognisable features skull face 'bad guy' and muscle bound hero.

Kreann'ot - no offence was taken I like bouncing ideas about

MegaGearmax - yes sadly the Prime thing does repeatedly happen but given the negative backlash to Duncans fate being very similar to the reaction of Optimus Primes death in 1986 (neither death bothered me tbh) but the whole Optimus Prime comparison seemed poigiant to my reasoning behind bringing Duncan him back even for a short while (or a kick ass 2 part episode had it been a tv series).

Strange you mention Mortal Kombat because that franchise works strongly with magics and the existance of souls is important to the storytelling and the souls themselves appear to be eternal so resurrecting characters is all a part of that franchise. Even death can make its permanent mark on certain characters the original subzero becoming Noob Sainot for example

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Thats the angle that I see too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Thats the angle that I see too.
    Seems to me that we have this character in charge of a group of what are likely to be revealed as more of the UNO's genetic experiments. They make a mess of Trolla. I would guess the UNO's next step would be to have Slither and the Revenge Squad head to Eternia, to continue gathering power for him to break free from his dimensional prison. After arriving on Eternia, I'm sure they'd encounter various Snakes that were out of the range of the Spell's blast (hopefully, ones we haven't gotten to see in action, like Fang-Or and Strettch Neck...probably Khan, just because).

A weird, new faction of genetic anomalies, with Lady Slither at the helm. I love it.

And that would make sense given that teams name Revenge Squad but the Snake Men are basically Nazis only trust and work with their own (with Rattlor being the exception) but perhaps without their fuhrer they could be helpless and need some form of kindred spirit to gain focus from and could be Lady Silther as with all baddies teams there would be at least one traitor in the mix willing to do anything to get his true leader back.....

They're options and ways to bring him back ;-)
    Last edited by Coptur; March 22, 2014 at 06:12am.

he should come back as king hiss.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Hsss's character/life should be split into three figures/phases. His early phase should be the Serpentor type figure in this weeks polls. This early character could have served the unnamed one prior to being made into a snake man. Then his standard half human/half reptile form would have come next. Then he should be resurrected as a complete snake/reptilian form like the other hsss version from the 80's newspaper comics. So I agree 100%!

And that would make sense given that teams name Revenge Squad but the Snake Men are basically Nazis only trust and work with their own (with Rattlor being the exception) but perhaps without their fuhrer they could be helpless and need some form of kindred spirit to gain focus from and could be Lady Silther as with all baddies teams there would be at least one traitor in the mix willing to do anything to get his true leader back.....

They're options and ways to bring him back ;-)
    That was kind of my point, except they aren't without their leader. The Unnamed One is their leader. King Hiss was in charge of the battalion that arrived on Eternia, serving under the UNO. If your battalion's commanding officer is killed, and your emperor sends a replacement, you fall in line. King Hiss may have been giving the orders, but they were order passed to him from the UNO. So, if the UNO sends Lady Slither to take command of what's left of the Eternian faction, they are going to comply.

Yes, Lady Slither resurrects him but due to the nature of the spell of seperation he comes back as the UK Hsss. That would be my preferred method of delivery with the way the story has been fleshed out. BTW I really like the 200X king Hsss and I also hope to get the vintage art Snake form someday as well. As it stands I only pose my current one in Human form.

Heroic Warrior
    That was kind of my point, except they aren't without their leader. The Unnamed One is their leader. King Hiss was in charge of the battalion that arrived on Eternia, serving under the UNO. If your battalion's commanding officer is killed, and your emperor sends a replacement, you fall in line. King Hiss may have been giving the orders, but they were order passed to him from the UNO. So, if the UNO sends Lady Slither to take command of what's left of the Eternian faction, they are going to comply.
    Meh! I don't like the idea of the Snake Men to be another alien invading race (it sounds too much like the Horde) or Gorpo's genetical experiments. For the first time i will go with DC story of their origins. Snake Men were the first sapient race that evolved on Eternia, million years before the rice of humans, the First Ones as they called. Eventually they became the dominant race and ruled Eternia. They adored the Goddess, but after King Hsss tried to steal her Power, the Goddess destroyed the Snake Men with the exception of few (and among them King Hiss) that they survived deep in Subternia.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Meh! I don't like the idea of the Snake Men to be another alien invading race (it sounds too much like the Horde) or Gorpo's genetical experiments. For the first time i will go with DC story of their origins. Snake Men were the first sapient race that evolved on Eternia, million years before the rice of humans, the First Ones as they called. Eventually they became the dominant race and ruled Eternia. They adored the Goddess, but after King Hsss tried to steal her Power, the Goddess destroyed the Snake Men with the exception of few (and among them King Hiss) that they survived deep in Subternia.
    That's totally fine. Everyone can have their own canon. The point of this thread, however, was how to bring King Hiss back within CLASSICS CANON. Because, Mattel won't do it unless it fits into their bio canon. It's cool to have your own canon of how you'd bring him back, completely ignoring Classics canon, but Mattel isn't going to do that. Coptur was trying to come up with a way that Mattel could use to justify bring the 200x Hiss design into their canon. Without that, they will never make the figure in Classics.

For the record, I MUCH prefer the Snake Men be an ancient race FROM Eternia, just like you. And, they can be, in other canons. But, we are talking about Classics canon here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Yes, Lady Slither resurrects him but due to the nature of the spell of seperation he comes back as the UK Hsss. That would be my preferred method of delivery with the way the story has been fleshed out. BTW I really like the 200X king Hsss and I also hope to get the vintage art Snake form someday as well. As it stands I only pose my current one in Human form.
    Here's what I would do:

Nepthu had joined the Snake Men. He fought alongside Hiss. When Hiss saw Orko starting the Spell, he knew what was coming and transferred his essence into his Staff, leaving his lifeless body to be disintegrated so it looked like he had been destroyed. After the blast passed and people were regrouping, Nepthu picked up Hiss' staff and became possessed by Hiss. That's why he has that Egyptian motif. He went into hiding for a while to let people think he was dead and build up his strength, later revealing himself after He-Man had left the planet. He took over the body completely and cast Nepthu's spirit into Infinita...or something.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 22, 2014 at 03:45pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That's totally fine. Everyone can have their own canon. The point of this thread, however, was how to bring King Hiss back within CLASSICS CANON. Because, Mattel won't do it unless it fits into their bio canon. It's cool to have your own canon of how you'd bring him back, completely ignoring Classics canon, but Mattel isn't going to do that. Coptur was trying to come up with a way that Mattel could use to justify bring the 200x Hiss design into their canon. Without that, they will never make the figure in Classics.

For the record, I MUCH prefer the Snake Men be an ancient race FROM Eternia, just like you. And, they can be, in other canons. But, we are talking about Classics canon here.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what I would do:

Nepthu had joined the Snake Men. He fought alongside Hiss. When Hiss saw Orko starting the Spell, he knew what was coming and transferred his essence into his Staff, leaving his lifeless body to be disintegrated so it looked like he had been destroyed. After the blast passed and people were regrouping, Nepthu picked up Hiss' staff and became possessed by Hiss. That's why he has that Egyptian motif. He went into hiding for a while to let people think he was dead and build up his strength, later revealing himself after He-Man had left the planet. He took over the body completely and cast Nepthu's spirit into Infinita...or something.
    They could make King Hsss's Classic figure, the Preeternian or POG King Hsss. While we could have the 200X figure as the Battleground King Hsss, or how King Hsss appeared during the Second Ultimate Battleground (in the same way that 200X Evil-Lyn became the Battleground Evil-lyn). As for King Hsss during the SOH, well already he had his spot in the sun and his chance to shine. Let's now give to Lady Slither a try.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    They could make King Hsss's Classic figure, the Preeternian or POG King Hsss. While we could have the 200X figure as the Battleground King Hsss, or how King Hsss appeared during the Second Ultimate Battleground (in the same way that 200X Evil-Lyn became the Battleground Evil-lyn). As for King Hsss during the SOH, well already he had his spot in the sun and his chance to shine. Let's now give to Lady Slither a try.
    Yeah, I had thought about that too, except that they've already shown Hiss in the mini comics. Both during the Preternian era and during the SUB. In both cases, he looked like regular old King Hiss. I think the only way for them to introduce a new look for him is to bring him back After his death or say it is from some time they haven't already shown him participating in.

I do agree, though, with just letting him be dead and giving Lady Slither a whirl. IMO, Hiss was always the least interesting of the Snakes and I'd rather just see him be done. Lady Slither seems far more interesting.

Now...If he DID come back through Nepthu and became an ENEMY for Slither because she took his position, that could possibly be interesting. Particularly if she summoned the Scareglow-like spirit of Nepthu to try to help him reclaim his body and evict Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I respect your comment & I wish he should come in figure form, but coming back as THIS ?? Sorry ! He looks more like a Snake Minion (warrior) to me !

The 200X version should be King Hiss's FINAL look in my opinion ! After that, I think he should die to the dust !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Could just say that UNO made a "new" King Hsssss with a look from one of his other appearances. "I am not the King Hssss you knew, but I have taken his name."
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I'm pretty sure in the Scheimer Son of He-Man canon, Dare was actually adopted, so what's not to say the Son of He-Man is actually Evil Lyn's son!

As for Skeleteen, I would say he's an acolyte who studied the legend and became an obsessed worshiper of Skeletor with ulterior motives....

200X King Hsss would be his resurrected form with thanks to Lady Slither upon her arrival on Eternia....

The Emissary (Gorpo with the Hordak powered skull) serves up all the mischief and evil in preparation for the arrival of the TRUE Unnamed One!

Despara???? I'm a little clueless with this one... "For the Honor of Grayskull'... resurrect Skeletor? WTH I understand the Cosmic Enforcers would have to maintain the scales but using Despara / Adora(?) to help in the name of Grayskull.... sacrilege; cause even good would want to overcome evil and not maintain a balance, that's why you have the Enforcers.

Now if we really want to have Man-At-Arms back let's say the Sorceress left Duncan with a parting gift before she died: every time he dies he changes into a totally different persona (yes, a la Doctor who) and turns out to be.... DARIUS??? (Sorry just throwing some wild pitches out there...)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....