Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Colossor in MOTUC thread

I also feel that Colossor is iconic. I want him more than any other giant. I am also a completist but the last thing I want are the ABC giants.

I don't care for the ABC giants either. Colossor however has that classic 80's MOTU feel. He MUST be made.

This would be a win-win situation for Mattel, as they could cheaply utilize the giant buck yet again since with the release of Procrustus, Colossor is 90% done. The only new tooling he would need are new feet, hands, and head. Maybe forearms, since he didn't have any wrist cuffs in Filmation, but I'm not too picky about that. And for the back where Procrustus' extra two arms normally would be, they could just fill in those holes with a rocky surface to match the rest of his back.

So easy Mattel! It would be stupid not to do this!

Just got Megator, Procrustus & Granamyr for xmas...my first giants. Would gladly welcome him. I see no problem with him. He is a giant demon looking rock guy. Cool in my book. But I'm one of those weirdos who wants it all, even if I hate them & whine about them, they are still MOTU & I love them for that reason.

+1 for Colossor's inclusion.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    One of my favorite early episodes! Colossor is much bigger than the other giants imo, but I'd love to get him in the "giant scale" we got going with Tytus, Megator, and Procrustus. Might as well get use outta those parts...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    One of my favorite early episodes! Colossor is much bigger than the other giants imo, but I'd love to get him in the "giant scale" we got going with Tytus, Megator, and Procrustus. Might as well get use outta those parts...
    Well yeah, if they were to make a figure of him to scale with the rest of the line, he'd have to be the size of an actual human being, lol...

I would support Colossor in MOTUC, in scale with the Tytus and Megator.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

TG confirmed that if the 2014/15 subs are successful, then beasts are planned to be included. Makes your voices heard, fellow orgers - 2014 will be the year of COLOSSOR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hate to burst your bubble, as much as I want to see Colossor(even Porcrustus sized), beast slots and giant slots are two different things. Hope to see him, though! Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some new parts and added articulation, too.

Now that I think about it, why not make him next year's Granamyr? 20 inches tall, articulation almost on par with a regular figure, and his giant throne to sit on! How awesome would that be? I'd gladly pay $80 for that!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    it would be awesome if colossor is the size of granamyr, but thats asking to much.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I did not buy a Castle Grayskull, mostly because of its size (which I still feel is very large, despite others' complaints to the contrary), my display capacity, and my not actually "playing" with my toys anymore.

If, however, they could make something like a 3-foot tall Colossor with throne figure I'd probably be willing to drop a lot of money on it. It'd still be too huge to fit on a shelf, but it'd be freaking great. He's one of those super memorable Filmation designs that I carried in my head since childhood, even through a 20 year drought of not watching the show.

Well that's impossible. Honestly I think our only chance of getting him is if they re-use most of Procrutus, creating only a new head, hands, and maybe feet. Come on, Mattel - it's minimal tooling to get us the coolest giant!

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing's impossible, just improbable. If we got Granamyr, we can get an almost properly scaled and articulated Colossor. Do a pre-order, whatever it takes. It could happen.

I just had another thought - could there be a connection between Colossor and the Horde? Notice how the horns on his head closely resemble the helmet of Horde Prime. Was he maybe created in his image? Perhaps he was a part of the Horde army when they invaded Eternia during the POG era? By what I remember of the episode, and all the ruins surrounding him, he'd clearly been sitting on that throne for a VERY long time, possibly abandoned when the Horde fled, with plans to ultimately re-use him again in any future invasion attempts. Also, seeing how Skeletor was a former member of the Horde under Hordak's tutelage, it would explain how he knew how to find Colossor and use his magic/technology to re-animate him. Mere coincidence? I don't think so! I think there's potential for a very interesting back story based on my hypothesis, and would flesh out a character who, despite sporting a memorable design, did not have any background development.

And hell, I might as well kick start the campaign now - COLOSSOR for 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - what a fitting entry for post #666!
    Last edited by Durendal; March 22, 2014 at 05:19pm.

Colossor is cool, but design wise I wish he had more colors on him.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread