Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwildor is SOLD OUT !

Gwildor is SOLD OUT !

Wow!

I really underestimated him. Yes, he looks better than the vintage figure but he sold out really fast and Mermista and Spinnerella arenīt even ALMOST GONE yet.

I am stunned
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Nice. I'm glad I bought him.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

People underestimate the Vintage MOTU fans! Glad this ugly thing sold out!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, there's sold out and then there's Matty's sold out. Don't be surprised if he resurfaces next year.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Wow!

I really underestimated him. Yes, he looks better than the vintage figure but he sold out really fast and Mermista and Spinnerella arenīt even ALMOST GONE yet.

I am stunned
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    People underestimate the Vintage MOTU fans! Glad this ugly thing sold out!
    Yep. Despite Gwildor's mixed popularity, his status as an all-important Vintage character and the 4H's killer sculpt helped him.

Vintage>POP>200X>NA

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Not surprised, Gwildor is AWESOME!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Gwildor is vintage, therefore he is awesome!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I'm really looking forward to him arriving!

Heroic Warrior
    Yesh, so was He Man.

Good, hope he holds his value so I can dump my sub one....wish NA figures went that fast....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Always happy I've got a sub! Not surprised at all that Gwildor sold out. He's vintage and it's an amazing sculpt!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Doesn't his MOTU '87 status affect his sales? What was the final word on Blade? I gotta check Blade's going rate on Ebay.

Heroic Warrior
    There are lot of figures I am going to dump that I don't want from my sub. Only a few I like and Gwidor isn't one of them. Here are the ones I am planning on getting rid of:

Gwildor
    Arrow
    Flutterina
    Hydron
    Glimmer

Those are the ones I don't need.

Not surprising, but in my opinion it had more to do with the fact that, per Scott, Gwildor had extrmemely limited stock available for Day of Sale than it was due to popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Not surprising, but in my opinion it had more to do with the fact that, per Scott, Gwildor had extrmemely limited stock available for Day of Sale than it was due to popularity.
    That's what I was going to say. He was supposed to have a much more limited stock than a regular figure. While vintage does tend to sell better, we saw a few months ago with Rio Blast that not all vintage figures are immune to slow sell times.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Well, there's sold out and then there's Matty's sold out. Don't be surprised if he resurfaces next year.
    While it's true they usually put up extra customer service stock later on, with this fast of a sell out, I don't think there's going to be much of him left.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    That's what I was going to say. He was supposed to have a much more limited stock than a regular figure. While vintage does tend to sell better, we saw a few months ago with Rio Blast that not all vintage figures are immune to slow sell times.
    I think one of the reasons was the design flaws in him. I like to display all the "looks" so normally I would have gotten at least one extra of him, if not more. Since his "buttoned up" look didn't work, I didn't waste the money - particularly with the shipping added. I may still pick one up if I ever see one cheap sometime, but if it hadn't been for the poor design work once Mattel got hold of him, I'd already own at least two.

As to Gwildor, the rumors of his unpopularity are greatly exaggerated. He's vintage, first of all, so the silent majority out there who is in it for vintage obviously scooped him up. It's also only a small contingent of folks who have some animosity toward him - a lot of times, they overlap with the folks who dislike Orko. Because, you know, how dare any character not be super-serious, they all should be like, you know, Ram-Man, Fisto, GELDor, Snout Spout...

Great! Now it's time to bring on the best of the three. Reveal Saurod already!!

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    While it's true they usually put up extra customer service stock later on, with this fast of a sell out, I don't think there's going to be much of him left.
    Yep. There's always CS stock held onto for returns. He's practically guaranteed to show back up at some point.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Always happy I've got a sub! Not surprised at all that Gwildor sold out. He's vintage and it's an amazing sculpt!
    This^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Good, hope he holds his value so I can dump my sub one....wish NA figures went that fast....
    Yea some POP and all of NA are hard to get rid of. I usually try to trades instead if I can.

Cannot wait for this guy to show up. Best head sculpt in the line imo. I wish the line all shared his level of detail.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Gwildor shows as "Almost Gone" for me...and it let me add him to my cart. *shrugs*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I see it too...he is almost gone...but you try to complete, I am sure it won't go through...

Okay, I just tried to play chicken with Matty site and it won...I can get right to submit order with 2 gwildor's in my cart...I don't want to buy him...but if someone wants him...go and give it a try...my be a 'Fisto' Glitch all over again...and the CS stock is available to buy...
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; December 15, 2014 at 11:38pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Im a little surprised, but honestly, he was a great looking fig. So it makes sense. Guess the 1980's movies fans wanted him enough!
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

You can still buy him. He just says almost gone.