Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top 5 motuc figures you never had as a kid?

What are your top 5 motuc figures you never had as a kid?

I know nostalgia can be strong but I want to know which characters you like in classics that you had no attachment to growing up.For me I'd list Karatti,Draego man,Snake man at arms,Flipshot and Demo man.
    Last edited by King Criss79; May 20, 2013 at 01:50am.

Netossa - never had her, always wanted her, she's the reason I'm here now

Draego Man - he's just so cool

Adora - cause even without the mask/headdress she was still She-Ra

Battle Ground Evil Lyn - I never really got why Evil Lyn was bright yellow

Cringer - Battle Cat sans armor was still to scary to be Cringer

I never had Scareglow as a kid but love the guy. I am also pretty huggy so I like most of the guys who never had figures before, Fang Man, Marzo, Demo-Man and yes, even Spector.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

1.Ninjor
    2.Rio Blast
    3.Clamp Champ
    4.Thunder Punch He-man
    5.Terror Claws Skeletor

I never had These as Kid, because Mattel did not sell These in Germany.

I completely misread this as Favorite 5 MOTU Growing UP:
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Faker
    Stratos
    Merman
    Man-E-Faces
    okay...so now to the real question:
    Dragoman
    Optic
    Roboto
    Keldor
    Stinkor
    Last edited by Falconhood; May 19, 2013 at 09:03am.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Faker is one of the few figs I never had as kid. I always wanted him, but afaik he was sold in italy only. 20 years later I bought the commemorative figure. Patience is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by piam25 View Post
    1.Ninjor
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4. ...
    5. ...

I never had These as Kid, because Mattel did not sell These in Germany.
    I had Ninjor when I was a kid. My mom bought him from a local store and I'm from germany too.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I did not have any motu toys as a kid because I grew up very poor . However, I did have a cousin (son of a doctor) that had every motu figure. He came over every now and then to play, but would only let me play with the motu figures he didn't like very much. Well, those figures ended up being my favorites once I did start collecting motu about 4 years ago and I will add in a new one that I just love.

~Stinkor
    ~Whiplash
    ~Buzz-Off
    ~Sy-Klone
    ~Draego-Man
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Shadow Weaver, Adora and Netossa are all AWESOME. It's also great to have Granamyr and Queen Marlena.

I imagine I'll add Octavia to that list soon.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

1. Photog
    2. Catra
    3. Netossa
    4. Spector
    5. Starla

I just got Karatti and the FFM yesterday. It's early yet, but Sherrilyn and Dawg-O-Tor are definitely in the running for bumping a couple of these off the list. I'd also give Cy-Chop an honorable mention.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    1. Draego-Man
    2. Battleground (DC) Teela
    3. Granamyr
    4. Slush Head
    5. Karatti

and if beasts count, then I gotta say the Griffin.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really confused as to why people are listing characters like Draego Man, Demo Man, and Spector when none of them had a vintage figure? Or am I missing the point of the thread?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I'm really confused as to why people are listing characters like Draego Man, Demo Man, and Spector when none of them had a vintage figure? Or am I missing the point of the thread?
    Draego-Man, Demo-Man and Snake Man-At-Arms are in the example. And clearly we had no attachment to them growing up, since they didn't exist. So we never had them. I think they should count.

1. Flipshot - totally blown away when he was released and got excited for the prospects of the remaining Galactic Protectors

2. Slush Head - I find myself coming back to this figure on the shelf consistently. I like the sculpt, that he's a villain, that I never had him as a kid, his colors are cool, his action features are cool, just a cool figure all around

3. He-Ro -this figure was a 25 year tease in the making

4. Photog -finally my collection felt more complete after he was released. NEVER thought we would see him. It's more of a nostalgia thing with this one. In my mind he's always been the vintage figure I never had.

5. Octavia -loves me some new Horde members. If Scorpia ever makes it into the line, I think she'll give Octavia a run for her money
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

-- Vikor

-- Draego Man

-- Fang Man

-- Shadow Weaver

-- Granamyr

Well since the topic is who I never had as a kid, I will only list Classics that actually existed as Vintage figures back in the day....

Faker
    Frosta
    Beast Man
    Stinkor
    Snake Face

I never had Faker, never could find him, and spent most of my life wanting him, Classics came out....bam, he was the 4th figure I bought....Everyone else I had as a kid is pretty much all I wanted as a kid, now however Classics versions of some of the Vintage figures, yeah, I like as an adult, so I now own them....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I think the topic should have been reworded, since you can't have had or long for figures that didn't exist then....now, if it was, "Top 5 Classics you wish they made when you were a kid"....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 19, 2013 at 10:05am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Anywho...the list of figures I didn't have as a kid is actually pretty short, so:
    Gwildor
    Saurod
    Ro-Tor
    Twistoid
    Squeeze

I'm not going to count LL He-Man or Skeletor, or any of the other unreleased figures(Tytus,Megator, He-Ro) because they weren't released in the US and I obviously didn't have an opportunity to buy them. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that this are not only the top 5 figures I didn't have as a kid, but they're the only 5 figures I didn't have period!

That's a tough one! I've liked just about every brand new figure that has come out so far, but I've also found some love for vintage ones I never had as a kid. HOKAY....only 5...lets see:

- Mighty Spector: He's pretty much got all the little things I like about toys. Crazy colors, knife and a gun, a mask, and just a general classic toy air about him. I honestly can't put 'em down and I gotta bury him in the box to make sure I don't always pick him when I need someone to be in the background of the pic or something.

- Grizzlor: I never had him and I honestly never felt the need to get him, but the MotUC figure just BLOWS me away! It's one thing to make him a mysterious monster, but the weapons on his back just bring him to a whole new level of monsterous hunter. I can just imagine him plodding through the forest hunting stray Rebellion members and sniffing down thier trails.

- Vikor: I'm fairly sure his face is cut from stone. Vikor roams the frozen north with only a heavy cape, helmet, boots, and the standard fuzzy shorts covered with a long strip of leather. Does the cold effect him? Is the cold simply too afraid to? I don't really need to go on, do I?

- Horde Prime: He embodies everything that I love about the idea of "The Final Boss." He just looks like the guy at the end of the journey that has been trying to stop you all along. The face obscuring mask, the grand staff, and the ability to be WAY more dangerous than he lets on. Magic and technology mixed in the most dangerous being in the galaxy.

- Cy-Chop: I really wana add Draego-Man, but he's just so...easy, you know? Of course Draego-Man is awesome! You don't have to try much with a dragon man. Cy-Chop tries much harder by being ridiculous and unique. He's a monster AND a robot AND you can see his guts! Also - though I would have liked some normal hands - the giant choppers are just hilarious and awesome. I really can't get over this guy. Would I have liked smaller choppers? Yeah...but I don't know if he would have made the same unique HIT without being as utterly crazy as he is, and GIGANTIC SCISSOR HANDS really brings the crazy, ya know?

So I guess Draego-Man gets the honorable mention because he still IS awesome as all get-out, but the extra credit still goes to others who break the norm for cool.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    1) Draego-Man
    2) Panthor (even though he's not flocked in MOTUC)
    3) Man-At-Arms (wish I had him as a kid to finish my MOTU essentials along with Panthor)
    4) Scare Glow
    5) Evil-Lyn
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

In order of preference:

- Faker
    - Teela
    - Hordak
    - Scareglow
    - Sorceress
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    It's easy, my list is too long but if I can make a list of figures that I saw in the shop and I couldn't buy.
    1. Tri-Klops, I had to choose between him and Trap Jaw, then I'll never found Tri-Klops again.
    2. Mantenna, I found him in a one day trip out of my town but the shop was closed.
    3. Clawful, I already bought too many things and my parents said no, and they were right!
    4. Adam, I had to choose between him and Battle Armor He-Man, then I'll never found Adam again.
    5. Stonedar and Rokkon, I already bought too many things and my parents said no, and they were right!

Honorable mentions, figures never produced that I would liked to have when I was a child.
    1. Shadow Weaver, when I was a child I didn't know that she never had a figure and I searched her everywhere
    2. Karg and the detective Lubic, when I saw the movie I immediately felt the need to have all the new characters.
    3. King Grayskull, Keldor, He-Ro, Granamyr and the demons from The Masks Of Power, when I read the minicomics I desired these figures...

I remembered an odd thing... I used the original Skeletor as Keldor and Battle Armor Skeletor as Skeletor!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 19, 2013 at 11:11am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Court Magician
    Looking back it seems like I had a lot more vintage figures back in the day than I originally thought. But I'll give this a shot anyway.

Slush Head: I loved New Adventures as a kid. But I only ever had He-Man. Until Demolition Man came out, he had no one to fight. It's nice to finally have some NA villains, especially when they are so well done!

Scare Glow: by the time he was released most stores in my area had stopped carrying the line. I never even knew he existed until the late 90's. Now he's one of the best figures in the line.

King Randor: Same thing with Scare Glow. Although I did actually see him in a store once. It's nice to finally have the king!

Sorceress: what kid didnt want her? I know I did! It's great to finally have her in my collection!

Mosquitor: If I included all the Horde, Pop, NA and Snake Men I didn't have as a kid I could easily do a top 20. But Mosquitor is so well done and so kick butt that I just had to include him!

There are so many, but these are top 5 (not in any particular order):

Teela
    Battleground Teela
    Shadow Weaver
    Fearless Photog
    Scareglow

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

1) Man-At-Arms
    2) Beast Man
    3) Ram Man
    4) Tri-Klops
    5) Mer-Man

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Well since the topic is who I never had as a kid, I will only list Classics that actually existed as Vintage figures back in the day....

Faker
    Frosta
    Beast Man
    Stinkor
    Snake Face

I never had Faker, never could find him, and spent most of my life wanting him, Classics came out....bam, he was the 4th figure I bought....Everyone else I had as a kid is pretty much all I wanted as a kid, now however Classics versions of some of the Vintage figures, yeah, I like as an adult, so I now own them....

- - - Updated - - -

I think the topic should have been reworded, since you can't have had or long for figures that didn't exist then....now, if it was, "Top 5 Classics you wish they made when you were a kid"....
    Nope,I wanted to include characters that did and did not have vintage figures.Basically characters you never owned before.

Sticking to figures that were actually in the Vintage line:

1) Mer-Man: finally got a commemorative when that line came, I always loved the look and the character, but never got him as a kid.

2) Blade: I had Saurod (and loved him!) and stole Gwildor from my cousin (don't tell!), but never got Blade.

3) Horde Trooper: as a kid, I would have loved a couple of these. Now, in MOTUC, I'm hoping to get 6-8.

4) Extendar: always seemed really cool, although I also thought of him as a Johnny-come-lately, moving in on Mekaneck's spot, and I love Mek!

5) Rio Blast: a cyborg cowboy? Cool! Some part of me must've known if end up in Texas.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!