Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Karatti Thread

Hybrid View

The Official MOTUC Karatti Thread

Karatti is another Mutant which I cant wait to come out. I love the facemask he wears, it adds mystery to his character. And the weapons he came with seemed to fit him perfect, like he wanted to fight people in close combat, that small hand axe/blaster and the short sword. I always seen him as working with Hoove as tag team partners, Kinda like Hiss and Rattlor did in the MYP Epsiode "history" on the lava flow vs he man, In that the two of them working together, would beat you down to your own grave.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Karatti is another Mutant which I cant wait to come out. I love the facemask he wears, it adds mystery to his character. And the weapons he came with seemed to fit him perfect, like he wanted to fight people in close combat, that small hand axe/blaster and the short sword. I always seen him as working with Hoove as tag team partners, Kinda like Hiss and Rattlor did in the MYP Epsiode "history" on the lava flow vs he man, In that the two of them working together, would beat you down to your own grave.
    In the fourth episode of NA, we see how formidable Karatti is when he fights He-Man.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 23, 2011 at 02:48pm.

I would buy him.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think, sadly, that the mutants have a much higher likelihood of being made than a lot of the good guys. Flipshot and Hydron have a good chance simply because of their prominence, but guys like Vizor and Nocturna aren't likely to top the "must make" list, as their designs are a bit mundane.

Karatti has the kind of distinct look that the Fab Four can work well with, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Classics.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Karatti's voice is more stereotypical that Jitsu.

Karatti's best episodes are the 3rd and 4th. After that, he's a background character.

Yeah he had that awesome fight with He-Man in that early episode, setting him up nicely as a prominent mutant villain, but he barely ever appears again after that. Maybe Jack Olesker could shed some light on that...

In any case, I want this figure!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I've never been down with NA, but this guy looks like he'd make a cool MOTUC figure. I think the Four Horsemen could make a lot of these characters into acceptable figures that I'll probably add to my collection. "Evil Space Mutants" will be the easiest ones to win me over from NA.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

He looks good (very Predator) but I'm starting to get tired of the Trapjaw legs. Nice figure overall.
    END OF LINE
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Really surprised by the reveal of N/A's Karatti. he was my #1 N/A mutant I wanted to see, second choice is Flog. I'm also surprised the we didn't get another Galactic Guardian. I feel the bad guys are favored to come out first in this line.I'm not complaining. I'm very glad Karatti is now apart of the line. Next up I hope is Spinwit, Flog & Darius.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I will admit I do not know much about this guy but someone that can hold is own against He-Man most be a great fighter. This is the 1st figure from the NA where I thought cool I want one. The other 3 I been okay I will welcome them into my collection but other than that do not do much form but will say the other 2 muntants have grow on me. So bring him on.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Is that a trapjaw style hinged mouth/jaw?
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Looks like Karatti could seriously use a second accessory. I'm just not feeling the odd black gun he carries.
    He does have a second accessory, he's got his axe/gun thing and a blade:

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Is that a trapjaw style hinged mouth/jaw?
    No its just a face guard type thing.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Here's another picture from the case
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    I am very surprised to be psyched about this release. I did have some NA figures when they were released, I did see the cartoons, but it was never any favorite of mine, yet the NA figures released in MOTUC have all been very cool, more so then I would believe.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

This guy looks crazy and I like that about him, like a sadistic bounty hunter. I don't have to be an NA fan (and I am not really one) to know what a great addition Karatti will be in my collection. The 4H really did a superb job on his sculpt. Flip Shot is getting outnumbered here! Bring on more NA - Hydron, Flogg are needed.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Thank you 4-horseman for making toys so awesome that even some NA Haters are being won over and finally liking the NA era
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Would have preferred Flogg or Crita, but Karatti looks awesome!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Would have preferred Flogg or Crita, but Karatti looks awesome!
    Hopefully these guys are still coming! As long as we get them, lets keep the line alive for years to come. Long live MOTUC!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I always digged the character, and I like the new figure. But Trap Jaw's arms and legs again? IMO, they should've sculpted new armwrists, upper and lower legs and recycled those for Cystoll (whom I would've offered in a 2-pack then, along with Detector).
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I didn't know much about this guy, and like everyone else, I would have liked to see NA He-man, NA Skeletor, hydron and flogg first, I dig this guy. The head sculpt looks amazing, However, jitsu is still my martial arts guy.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I been extremely happy & excited that karatti is going to be a classics figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Karati's shoulder armor- is it upside down?

If you look at the vintage figure the shoulder armor has the round part on top and the flat part on the bottom.

However, at Powercon the figure has the armor on the shoulder to that the flat part is basically on top.

I didn't notice it when I was at the con but now that I see the comparisons between the vintage and the new figures it kind of looks like it is upside down.

Meh, maybe it is just me.

I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Looks wrong. If you watch Pixel Dan's walkthru with Scott then you will see it fall off at one point. Hopefully it is corrected when Design gets ahold of it. I would point it out on the Matty forums to Scott just in case.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

It might be on wrong, if I remember correctly, in the walk through when Scott picked him up that shoulder piece fell off. It's possible it's just sitting on there with some stickytack for the prototype and the person who set it up in the case put it on the wrong way. I don't think that means it will be wrong for the production figure.

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it Lookie

From the matty board Toyguru posted......

Posted October 01, 2012 02:45 PM
    The hand painted model at Power Con was put together in the case incorrectly.

looks like the shoulder pad was upside down after all
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!