Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Karatti Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I knew nothing of this character beyond his horrible 90's design and even worse monicker. That being said, I love this figure. I can't wait to add him to the stable of intergalactic outlaws.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    The figure does nothing at all for me, but I gladly support him and will buy him as NA fans are the only ones worse off than PoP/TGR.

Now you guys just remember that when the next PoP/TGR reveal comes!
    Umm, thanks?
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

This guy looks crazy and I like that about him, like a sadistic bounty hunter. I don't have to be an NA fan (and I am not really one) to know what a great addition Karatti will be in my collection. The 4H really did a superb job on his sculpt. Flip Shot is getting outnumbered here! Bring on more NA - Hydron, Flogg are needed.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Thank you 4-horseman for making toys so awesome that even some NA Haters are being won over and finally liking the NA era
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Would have preferred Flogg or Crita, but Karatti looks awesome!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Would have preferred Flogg or Crita, but Karatti looks awesome!
    Hopefully these guys are still coming! As long as we get them, lets keep the line alive for years to come. Long live MOTUC!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I always digged the character, and I like the new figure. But Trap Jaw's arms and legs again? IMO, they should've sculpted new armwrists, upper and lower legs and recycled those for Cystoll (whom I would've offered in a 2-pack then, along with Detector).
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Best reveal of Power-Con in my opinion. Karatti is now my most anticipated MOTU figure for 2013!!!

Snappy Threader
    Trap Jaw Pants = Bounty Hunter Pants. I think he looks good. Funny how they all visit the same clothing store. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    But Trap Jaw's arms and legs again?

This is the reason I'm not bothering. If they'd have given him new legs, I'd have been in.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

If it looks good...

Karatti does look good, whenever I stare at his face, I keep getting this 87 movie vibe from him.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

It seems that the new spelling is not really picking up... I actually think it's better then the original, since all those double letters in NA were usually very weird, and "ii" seems weirder then "tt".

BTW, is anyone else a little weirded out by his crotch. I mean, it's kinda "risqué" and then it shows what seems to be a continuation of his abs all the way down. Isn't it very weird, I never noticed it before? Why would Mattel even go in that direction...?

I was never a NA fan as a kid but the Classics figures look awesome. I'm really looking forward to Karatti and any other NA characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    BTW, is anyone else a little weirded out by his crotch.
    He wears his clothes like that to start fights.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Predator meets Hannibal Lecter!

This figure is a perfect example of why this line is so fantastic. They took a C-list character from the least liked era of MOTU, who had a terrible vintage figure and hardly any screen time in the cartoon, and transformed him into one of the most badass figures in this line so far. Pure 4H magic at work here. The NA characters all need more dramatic improvements than other ones in order to make them fit into MOTUC and vintage fans' hearts, and so far they've all been total home runs. I want even more NA now! This just proves again that the original designs were sound - they were just executed very poorly at the time.

Karatti now just needs to be a darker green to be perfect...
    Last edited by Durendal; September 24, 2012 at 10:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    He represents part of MOTU that I could easily see forgotten. The NA designs after initial wave just got worse, and first wave itself wasn't that good. I mean they actually named a character Butthead?

This definitely is the BEST version of the character, but he still just doesn't talk to me at all.
    I completely agree. His Classics toy looks awesome, but more than anything it has made me realise that I just don't care enough about NA.

If Mattel/Scott really want more NA buy-in, they should include them in some media. Perhaps a mini comic? It worked wonders for Sir Laser-Lot. For me the biggest problem is that NA still sits outside of MOTU. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe if I hadn't seen the cartoon I would simply see them as new characters, like Draego-Man; but when I look at the figures we've had to date they look like NA figures in a MOTU line.

This figure, more than any other NA reveal, has really shown what the 4H can bring to these characters. They all have such potential, but the paint on the old figure let it down. It made him look sort of cartoonishly sad or something. Here, he just looks like a brutal killer.

I'm a NA fan, so I was sold on this guy already. But now he has me wondering what they could do with someone like Vizar... but Vizar might be beyond even their powers.

Another great Na figure. So far all of the Na characters seem to fit perfectly with this line (some might say even better than the Pop characters). Can't wait to get more of these guys in my collection. Flogg, Hydron, Sagitar, Mara, Lizor, and Crita are my most wanted.

Looks great, and I like that he shares parts with Trap Jaw, makes him really seem connected to the vintage figs. The original NA characters were great, but the figures were so off model from what we're used to.

I didn't know much about this guy, and like everyone else, I would have liked to see NA He-man, NA Skeletor, hydron and flogg first, I dig this guy. The head sculpt looks amazing, However, jitsu is still my martial arts guy.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I been extremely happy & excited that karatti is going to be a classics figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

This ist the Point the Most don't look to the NA Figures why the TV Story was so different in the 3 first Episodes in the cartoon far from the cool Comics Story where our loved Vintage Adam go into the future to stop Skeletor.

If you Guy accept this diferent look of toyline this Toys made fun, as Child i have loved toplay with both united!
    Now as MOTUC all in same size i hope you all will loved.

Karati is one of the Guy who are most loved Mutants in my School Class!

But i have a Question on you all!
    Q: "What you guys think of the Legs and the Reyuse from Trap-Jaw?"

....i must say i loved on him the long Kneepad with 3 spikes on his boots!

COMPARISON TIME!!!

I find the Schoulder looks better with my right vertion.
    What you guys think ?

@His Jaw-Mask
    It is not known is this a jaw like Trap-jaw's or a breathing Mask, but it is sure a Binonic when we look to the nose!
    I think it is both, Bionic jaw with air filters.

I love his armour sculpted and his Face / Head is the Best!
    The 4H taken the Sad look and give him a more Skull like look in his face *very cool*

comes the idea for the legs, from this painting ?

Here his cardback:
    Last edited by ²He-Ro; September 25, 2012 at 10:26am.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Yeah, the turned shoulder is an improvement.

Another NA mutant made great by the 4H, however I really wish they found a way to use different parts other than TrapJaw! he is basically now 80% Optikk...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar