Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Karatti Thread

Big fan of this piece. Seems like everything besides King He-Man and the 3 pack is looking really great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Another NA mutant made great by the 4H, however I really wish they found a way to use different parts other than TrapJaw! he is basically now 80% Optikk...
    I would agree. I do wish we had another bionic arm set to add to the mix. I think he looks great as-is and the color difference does make it look different, but the Trap-Jaw arms and legs are getting a bit over-used.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm sorry man, but this Karatti dude looks like he just popped out of an Insane Clown Posse video! LOL, easy pass for me.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Another NA mutant made great by the 4H, however I really wish they found a way to use different parts other than TrapJaw! he is basically now 80% Optikk...
    agreed. after coming this far, a new thigh/armor part would go so far. on this character, others, and even revamped trappy later.

Yeah I think a new shin piece at least could have been made to be used for the NA guys...
    But still, a great looking figure none the less. Im warming up to NA thanks to the 4H, maybe not so much as part of MotU but as a Space Toy line... definitely!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I don't mind the trap jaw legs because it's the whole MOTU idea I guess. Honestly, to me the new paint really makes them look interesting every time we get any reused part. I love Fisto's purple boots even though 75% of the line has the same style boots. Karatti is one of the most detailed and unique figures so far. Having no knowledge of this character makes him seem brand new.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    I don't know why...but I always thought Karatti and Lizorr were somehow created as a spin-off from the prototypes of Blade and Saurod.

The early versions of Blade had him with yellow skin, and mouth guard, as this illustation shows->

Just thought it was an interesting observation, that's all!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

If they use Trap Jaw parts on Saurod I'm rioting!
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I didn't like that remark about Kratti being dumb. I felt he was one of the smarter mutants.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think a new shin piece at least could have been made to be used for the NA guys...
    But still, a great looking figure none the less. Im warming up to NA thanks to the 4H, maybe not so much as part of MotU but as a Space Toy line... definitely!
    yeah, very cool. For me they reflect a lot of what the 80s had for toys & cartoons. And N/A fits that space toy line.
    I really taken to N/A over the years. I really want all the N/A to make it in classics as well as some other characters from the show.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I also think, it's time for new thighs or shin pieces, we got several tech guys coming, like Lizorr, Blast Attack, NA Skeletor, Saurod, Quakke... It's time to make something different.

Agent of the Evil Horde
    I loved the New Adventures toys first time around, so I'm really pleased that more of the New Adventures sculpts are being updated for the Classics line. I really like the pictures of Karati, and the sharing of parts with previous figures doesn't concern me, as long as the figure looks right, and I really like what I have seen so far. I'm really looking forward to his joining Optikk and Kalamar, as Skeletors mutants look to re-establish themselves .
    Supporter of the New Adventures of He-Man
    Motu fan and collector since 1984

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The original was never one of my favorite figures from the NA line, but the Fab four have once again done their magic. I admit the Trappy pieces are getting overused, but they do work well here, and it's less a problem than it could be given that he and Optikk are both from the same faction, explaining why there'd be some similarities. Still, the parts are distinct enough to call attention to themselves, so I hope it's the last such re-use for a while. Other than that, the figure turned out really good, keeping the original design elements and amping them up considerably. The NA figures are turning into some of the highlights of the line as far as design and execution go.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I dont like that they are using Karattis bio word for word, The first representation they had of Karatti (which the bio was based off of) was when he looked liked Cyrstoll, which was not his final design. So that bio really represents Cyrstoll, not Karatti, So it should be based more off who he was in the show more then strictly based off his early vintage material.

Karati's shoulder armor- is it upside down?

If you look at the vintage figure the shoulder armor has the round part on top and the flat part on the bottom.

However, at Powercon the figure has the armor on the shoulder to that the flat part is basically on top.

I didn't notice it when I was at the con but now that I see the comparisons between the vintage and the new figures it kind of looks like it is upside down.

Meh, maybe it is just me.

I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Looks wrong. If you watch Pixel Dan's walkthru with Scott then you will see it fall off at one point. Hopefully it is corrected when Design gets ahold of it. I would point it out on the Matty forums to Scott just in case.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

It might be on wrong, if I remember correctly, in the walk through when Scott picked him up that shoulder piece fell off. It's possible it's just sitting on there with some stickytack for the prototype and the person who set it up in the case put it on the wrong way. I don't think that means it will be wrong for the production figure.

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it Lookie

From the matty board Toyguru posted......

Posted October 01, 2012 02:45 PM
    The hand painted model at Power Con was put together in the case incorrectly.

looks like the shoulder pad was upside down after all
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

For some reason he reminds me of the human/alien hybrid from Alien Resurrection...
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I want this figure so much. I always loved the mutants designs from this show. I hope Vlogg ain't to far off either

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I do wish we had another bionic arm set to add to the mix. I think he looks great as-is and the color difference does make it look different, but the Trap-Jaw arms and legs are getting a bit over-used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I also think, it's time for new thighs or shin pieces, we got several tech guys coming, like Lizorr, Blast Attack, NA Skeletor, Saurod, Quakke... It's time to make something different.
    I agree. We need more unique parts for the NA characters.

I said last year when the revamped Snake MAA was shown that we needed new "tech" pieces. The Trap-Jaw thighs IMO look awful on the figure and since SMAA was almost 100% reused parts, Mattel should have made some new pieces for him. Those new pieces could have been reused here and in future NA figures.
    Last edited by Bonehead; October 24, 2012 at 11:40pm.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Yes! A new NA figure! I really hope we start to see more NA in the coming months (at least the months we don't already know about....) I am just surprised that it was Karatti and not Flogg that made it out first... I am most definitely excited for this one!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I REAAAAAAAALY hope the FINAL figure is identical to the prototype.

(VERY surprisingly, looking forward to this figure...!)
    – No comment.

Is there any love on those boards for this Bone-Crushing Mutant?
    Karatti is my most anticipated figure for 2013 so far, but I can hardly find any excitement about him here.
    I can't wait to see a Karatti reviewed by the Fwoosh guys... Great pictures of Karatti in action may bring back the excitement this figure deserves.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I am really looking forward to Karatti, he was always my favourite character in New Adventures. He looks so great.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I can't wait to get him, I love NA characters in MOTUC. I don't like him being dumb in his bio. I never imagine anyone who is a master of martial arts being dumb.