Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Karatti Thread

I'm excited, but until we see the final product and start getting him in hand, there doesn't seem to be a lot to say, yet.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to Karatte, always has been one of my favourite NA villans - I don't usually do this with bios - but I'll totally discard Karatte's as I don't like the idea of him being dumb.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

The problem is that this bio is not his, but was inspired by Crystoll's.
    Crystoll is a concept figure that evolved to become Karatti. He was a mineral-type warrior, made of diamond-like crystal, his head was "hard as a rock", and he was described as being not too bright.
    Karatti, however, was depicted as a very capable mutant, and pretty formidable opponent even for He-Man. In his few appeareances in the cartoon, he was nothing but dumb. Him and Hoove made a fearsome duo.
    Anyway, many MOTUC bio are to be ignored I guess...

And by the way, Crystoll in MOTUC would be awesome too!

Definitely looking forward to Karatti. I love the serial killer look he has. The vintage version barely stands out to me, but the MOTUC looks awesome;

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Definitely looking forward to Karatti. I love the serial killer look he has. The vintage version barely stands out to me, but the MOTUC looks awesome;
    The Fab Four seem to be going out of their way to make the NA figures as cool as possible. Now, the basic designs for many of the original characters were pretty good (especially for the time), but it seems the Horsemen are really knocking each of the NA characters they do out of the park, winning over even folks who aren't that fond of NA just because the figures look so good. Karatti was one actually one of the weaker figures design-wise in the original line, but he looks like a major threat in this incarnation.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The Fab Four seem to be going out of their way to make the NA figures as cool as possible. Now, the basic designs for many of the original characters were pretty good (especially for the time), but it seems the Horsemen are really knocking each of the NA characters they do out of the park, winning over even folks who aren't that fond of NA just because the figures look so good. Karatti was one actually one of the weaker figures design-wise in the original line, but he looks like a major threat in this incarnation.
    Agreed....I really hope we get to see what they will do with Tuskador and Quakke. I'd be really interested in what they could do with Butthead because personally I think the vintage figure is, well, butt-ugly

Yes, Karatti is awesome - I look forward to him and NA He-Man! Hopefully all the NA figs will be released in time. Cool stuff ...

I noticed it too, that the NA figs in MOTUC get incredible treatment. Icarius got lots of tooling, he has heavier armor than Man-At-Arms himself. The jetpack he wears is almost as large as Jet-Sled. Wow!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    The problem is that this bio is not his, but was inspired by Crystoll's.
    Crystoll is a concept figure that evolved to become Karatti. He was a mineral-type warrior, made of diamond-like crystal, his head was "hard as a rock", and he was described as being not too bright.
    Karatti, however, was depicted as a very capable mutant, and pretty formidable opponent even for He-Man. In his few appeareances in the cartoon, he was nothing but dumb. Him and Hoove made a fearsome duo.
    Anyway, many MOTUC bio are to be ignored I guess...

And by the way, Crystoll in MOTUC would be awesome too!
    Great info! Do you have pics of this Crystoll ?

Here is Crystoll... he's very different from Karatti, as you can see.

crystoll_full.jpg

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Lulu-Berlu Reg;3233947]Here is Crystoll... he's very different from Karatti, as you can see.

Though my first choice for an unproduced figures from NA would be Mara, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy, either. New Adventures is the only line that hasn't gotten an unproduced/protoype/concept figure as yet, and I think it really deserves to.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I would agree. I do wish we had another bionic arm set to add to the mix. I think he looks great as-is and the color difference does make it look different, but the Trap-Jaw arms and legs are getting a bit over-used.
    Wait for it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    Is there any love on those boards for this Bone-Crushing Mutant?
    Karatti is my most anticipated figure for 2013 so far, but I can hardly find any excitement about him here.
    I can't wait to see a Karatti reviewed by the Fwoosh guys... Great pictures of Karatti in action may bring back the excitement this figure deserves.
    I'll add him to my collection, I think, he looks great...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I'll add him to my collection, I think, he looks great...
    I also think he looks great and can't wait for m to get here.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

I'm really looking forward to this figure and Pixel Dan's review!

I never knew he existed until his reveal and I an now a huge fan of his look. I just don't like his bio so it will be disregarded. Most likely I'll make him a bounty hunter and greatly feared much like Boba Fett.

I'm psyched for more NA figures. I think it's really cool how they sculpted the abs down into the pelvis cover. It makes him look more alien.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Karatti is awesome. In my collection, he'll be a ruthless mercenary/pirate who used to roll with Dekker's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Karatte, always has been one of my favourite NA villans - I don't usually do this with bios - but I'll totally discard Karatte's as I don't like the idea of him being dumb.
    I discard the majority of info on every bio. Lol. Your toys are much more fun when you fully own them. As with most MOTUC villians, I don't like how 1) they all seem 'slow' and 2) they all have to work for Skeletor (Hordak, etc). That just makes them all seem like characters from a goofy toyline or syndicated cartoon. Lol. I like the idea of most of them being stand alones that occasionally team-up to defeat thier common foes (like in comics).

Definitely looking forward to Karatti. The vintage version barely stands out to me, but the MOTUC looks awesome;
    My sentiments exactly.

Every NA figure has looked amazing so far and Karatti is no exception, he looks lethal!

I am really looking forward to Staghorn, because he is such a miserable, old, grotty looking wretch I think the Horsemen could have a lot of fun making him.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Wow, the NA figures get a lot of new tooling! Love that he has dreadlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Wow, the NA figures get a lot of new tooling! Love that he has dreadlocks.
    Unfortunately, I have to disagree in the case of Karatti. He has a new head, new torso armor, and new weapons. That's pretty standard... though I wish they would tool new legs that could be used for things like NA characters, the Rock Warriors, etc.

The Trap Jaw legs are a bit over-used at this point

They did a great job of painting the Trap Jaw arms on Karatti to look different enough. I like them.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm hoping we get a Pixel Dan review of this guys and the Fighting Foe Men soon...it's been a while since we've gotten a figure review!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i'm so looking forward to this one and NA He-Man, gonna buy at least two of each

Long Live New Adventures!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Agreed....I really hope we get to see what they will do with Tuskador and Quakke. I'd be really interested in what they could do with Butthead because personally I think the vintage figure is, well, butt-ugly
    Oh man! You've got me chompin' at the bit now! I know the 4H would do an absolutely fantastic job on both of these guys! I mean, their design is already pretty darn cool, and the 4H know how to work with cool!

Though my first choice for an unproduced figures from NA would be Mara, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy, either. New Adventures is the only line that hasn't gotten an unproduced/protoype/concept figure as yet, and I think it really deserves to.
    Yes, these two and Darius of course. I would love for some more NA love in MOTUC when it comes to concept/unproduced figures....

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i'm so looking forward to this one and NA He-Man, gonna buy at least two of each

Long Live New Adventures!!
    Couldn't have typed it better myself!

With many of the vintage MOTU figures already out, maybe NA fans can finally look forward to an increase in NA figures!!

Update: Here is a pic of Karatti's backside. I didn't see one posted in this thread yet....
    Last edited by Ornclown; April 8, 2013 at 06:49pm.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Ok, I goota say that's ingenious, how they managed to stay true to the design on the original figure with the band across the back of the one thigh, but still re-use Trap-Jaw parts in doing it. I am *IMPRESSED*!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm really indifferent to the character, but I'm glad to be getting another NA figure. So while I'm not really into him, I keep my complaints to myself because I know a lot of fans like him and he's worthy of a figure no matter what my personal taste.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar