Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Quakke Thread - w/ Pixel Dan review

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Quakke was actually the first character that I liked because of the New Adventures cartoon.

I'm jazzed to get him only because the cartoon made him pretty cool. So now along with the Optikk I have (which is my favourite) I want Squish Head, Flogg, & Quakke for the villains.

The others I'm still on the fence about. The Cartoon made Staghorn almost acceptible, but boy is that headress thingy unweildy.
    i really liked quakke because of the cartoon. he was a tough & cool bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Quakke is awesome. I'd take either version.
    me too, either version.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I gotta say, Quake looks like he'll make for an excellent MotUC figure! Personally though, I like the toy version better. It's asymmetrical in design and I love the cracks on his armor. I also love the color scheme on the toy way better than the all-bronze of the toon version.
    his armor is more interesting in the toy version but the cartoon colors make him seem more sinister because they are so dark. i'm torn. i'm fine with either one.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    his armor is more interesting in the toy version but the cartoon colors make him seem more sinister because they are so dark. i'm torn. i'm fine with either one.
    Me too. And at this point I'll take whichever version Mattel wants to bless us with!

More NA =
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quakke, Butthead, and Staghorn were each so much LARGER (as toys) than He-Man and Skeletor. Back in the day, I called them "The Monster Mutants!" because of their outlandish size. They were practically in scale with Original Masters of The Universe figures!

Do You think that this would translate into their Masters Classics interpretations? I would love to see them sized more in the Ram-Man range, possibly using some of his parts (hands, upper arms, pelvis?). I just worry that needing a lot of new oversized pieces might "blow the budget" and make them unfeasible to Mattel. In the grand scheme of things, these guys are a bit on the obscure side (New Adventures Wave Three characters), but I'd really want to see them done RIGHT (not undersized) when we get around to them. :^)

Heroic Warrior
    Here is another must have that caught my interest last night while viewing this cartoon. He'd rock in classics.

Heroic Warrior
    He was such a major character in the toon to not end up getting him. I think they should really make a point to give us all the characters that featured on the DVDs in the box sets. So that would be Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Crita, Quakke, and Butthead.

Me too bribri
    Quakke is not only feautered in many jetlag episodes but he has also a very cool toy concept, I'm sure 4h wont disappoint me, most of the NA figures are very well done and executed

plus Master Sebrian and Drissi are also priorities Matty should know well by now
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

He has always been one of my fave mutants, really hope we get him.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    personally I hope quakke has more of his cartoon look than the toy. or a combination with much improvements.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Heroic Warrior
    Bring on Quakke he would look so awesome redone by the 4H

Still loving the design of this figure! Also still stand by my original post: The asymmetry of the toy really grabs my eye, so I hope they end up going with the toy design. I think I'm feeling the toon colors a little more now than I did then, but I could still go either way. Toy armor and details all the way, though.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quakke has always been one of my favorite NA characters...

He make a great addition to MOTUC.

We need Quakke! If I remember correctly, him and Hoove were the most high profile Space Mutants in the show after Skeletor. I'd like to see a figure based more on his cartoon look though.

Heroic Warrior
    Out of 65 total episodes

Flogg was in 60
    Slush Head 54
    Quakke 33
    Crita 29
    Butthead 28
    Staghorn 26
    Optikk 24
    Hoove 20
    Karatti 16
    Lizzor 12

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I would like to see Quakke in the line! His toy version could be really cool Classicized. And I'm sure the weapon would be really neat. Also, the red face would bring some color diversity to the Evil Mutants, as purple and green is pretty prevalent so far.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I agree the cartoon version is kickin.
    Yeah, gotta say I prefer the cartoon version.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    I love quakke. Looking forward to the 4h to make him. Awesome

Never heard of this guy before - but he does look cool! I like the name and the action feature! Yeah, bring him on!

I would want a MOTUC version of Quakke!
    With a touch of toon and toy mixed together.

This guy is great looking and I hope he comes out in next year's lineup.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    they really need to make him, he's nearly impossible to make a custom of.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Should Quakke use a massive buck, like Ram Man, or would a slightly larger buck, like Panthro / Mumm-Ra work?

Personally I'd be happy with either, because he appeared rather large in some episodes as opposed to others... (and there was that one episode in which a crystal made him uber-big and powerful...)

Yes of course 1000 times yes I want one. Toy version for me.
    I still want all the original villains from the vintage toyline they havent gotten to yet!
    Last edited by Dude-ator; March 1, 2016 at 11:56pm.

Quakke is my most wanted Space Mutant at this point. I live in constant fear that we won't complete the NA portion of the mythos, and if we can only have one more mutant, I hope it's him!
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    they really need to make him, he's nearly impossible to make a custom of.
    Well out of available parts, he could reuse He-Ro's (Gray, not Dare) boots and feet, and Demo-Man's more ghoulishly large hands... so that's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Should Quakke use a massive buck, like Ram Man, or would a slightly larger buck, like Panthro / Mumm-Ra work?
    I'd go with a Leech situation, bigger/thicker torso, same size limbs as the regular figures.
    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Heroic Warrior
    Quakke, Butthead and Artilla would be amazing. Quakke is a great concept!

Heroic Warrior
    I think if any of the Mutants should be oversized Quakke would be the choice.